NSD Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Is there anyone else that we were after that hasn't signed yet?

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

The most concerning thing I see right now is that we don't have any DTs in the mix. Sucks we lost Dublin, but hey, if the kid wants to go to LSU, be a perennial back up, and pay full tuition as a PWO go right ahead.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:The most concerning thing I see right now is that we don't have any DTs in the mix. Sucks we lost Dublin, but hey, if the kid wants to go to LSU, be a perennial back up, and pay full tuition as a PWO go right ahead.
I agree, and it's an area that the coaching staff will need to focus on for the 2018 class. We'll need at least one JUCO DT, and a grad transfer would help as well.

Overall, I don't think this is a great class or a terrible class. We've heard the line coaches tell us all last fall that they go after different guys than the "road grader" lineman most colleges running a Pro Set prefer. I think we're going to be markedly better at QB and WR. I'm intrigued by LeDee, the 6'5" WR. Whomever wins the QB battle will be an upgrade over what we had this past season. Our DL will be weaker than this past year, but not horrible. Looks like we've got help at LB to replace Marley & Co. The secondary should be improved as well.

This is year two of Fritz. I expect 6 wins. I also expect to be competitive against all AAC opponents. Our game in Norman will be a pay day, nothing more.
Last edited by DfromCT on Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
chain gang x man
Swell

winwave wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:Looks like we've lost Dublin as well. He's choosing to be a preferred walkon at LSU, instead of a full ride to Tulane.
https://twitter.com/WGNOsports/status/8 ... 3118465026
That caught the coaches by surprise. Hate to see it.
The tight end from Jesuit did the same thing 2 years ago
How is that working out
McWave
High Tide

I would like to thank coach fritz and staff for the 11th best AAC and 100+ Ranked 2017 recruiting class! I know our commitment (staff pay), academics, and facilities are in line with these results. What a joke. I for one can think of better things to spend my disposable income on. So who's on the board for 2018. Let's start the new thread. Not one DL in this clas. Geez........ meet you all at the Campus press conference. If I was a quality signee I'd pull the "Whitlow" do over.
AugWave
Swell

McWave wrote:I would like to thank coach fritz and staff for the 11th best AAC and 100+ Ranked 2017 recruiting class! I know our commitment (staff pay), academics, and facilities are in line with these results. What a joke. I for one can think of better things to spend my disposable income on. So who's on the board for 2018. Let's start the new thread. Not one DL in this clas. Geez........ meet you all at the Campus press conference. If I was a quality signee I'd pull the "Whitlow" do over.
I've been gone for awhile.... whose man's is this :?:
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
McWave
High Tide

Here's a thought....if Jesuit is continually going to hang us up, then hang up their general student population with less grants and admissions. Make these last minute decisions have consequences. How'd u like to know the student body in general hates u for the last three months of your senior year. Acceptances notices have not gone out yet plus Tulane has made some acceptance mistakes in the past. Maybe there are a few more now. Just an idea. The State univ do this with local pressure. Send a message. i don't blame a single HS player for going to the college of their choice. I put 100% on the TU staff for not using every angle possible like every other university. This is a huge expense to the university and takes resources away from other program. Be in it to win or don't play!
lurker123
Swell

McWave wrote:Here's a thought....if Jesuit is continually going to hang us up, then hang up their general student population with less grants and admissions. Make these last minute decisions have consequences. How'd u like to know the student body in general hates u for the last three months of your senior year. Acceptances notices have not gone out yet plus Tulane has made some acceptance mistakes in the past. Maybe there are a few more now. Just an idea. The State univ do this with local pressure. Send a message. i don't blame a single HS player for going to the college of their choice. I put 100% on the TU staff for not using every angle possible like every other university. This is a huge expense to the university and takes resources away from other program. Be in it to win or don't play!
AugWave wrote:
McWave wrote:I would like to thank coach fritz and staff for the 11th best AAC and 100+ Ranked 2017 recruiting class! I know our commitment (staff pay), academics, and facilities are in line with these results. What a joke. I for one can think of better things to spend my disposable income on. So who's on the board for 2018. Let's start the new thread. Not one DL in this clas. Geez........ meet you all at the Campus press conference. If I was a quality signee I'd pull the "Whitlow" do over.
I've been gone for awhile.... whose man's is this :?:
In the very old days of the Internet, as Augwave intimates, posts like this would elicit responses like this sure does have the aroma of a TigerDroppings subscriber.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

McWave wrote:Here's a thought....if Jesuit is continually going to hang us up, then hang up their general student population with less grants and admissions. Make these last minute decisions have consequences. How'd u like to know the student body in general hates u for the last three months of your senior year. Acceptances notices have not gone out yet plus Tulane has made some acceptance mistakes in the past. Maybe there are a few more now. Just an idea. The State univ do this with local pressure. Send a message. i don't blame a single HS player for going to the college of their choice. I put 100% on the TU staff for not using every angle possible like every other university. This is a huge expense to the university and takes resources away from other program. Be in it to win or don't play!
McWave....some professional advice, or at least an honest opinion....do not allow your inner feelings to fester, share openly with those around you..keeping these feelings and opinions to your self can be harmful to your heart and other vital organs...take a deep breath, and tell us how you really feel !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

And I would like to thank you for coming here for the 26th time with such a thoughtful and insightful post. And BTW: We do have DL's (3 in fact, with a possible 4th) in our class, just not a DT.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote:
And I would like to thank you for coming here for the 26th time with such a thoughtful and insightful post. And BTW: We do have DL's (3 in fact, with a possible 4th) in our class, just not a DT.
DT....I have a feeling that Fritz has a juco or two hidden away if schollies broke loose....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Jaxwave
Swell

winwave wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:Looks like we've lost Dublin as well. He's choosing to be a preferred walkon at LSU, instead of a full ride to Tulane.
Please nobody ever again try to convince me these kids care about an education. They don't want to study in college, plain and simple. Tutors at these big time programs will do all the work for them.

By the way the TE from Jesuit started some games for LSU this year.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
DT....I have a feeling that Fritz has a juco or two hidden away if schollies broke loose....
Why would he hold back? I don't think we've used up our quota for this year, or for the roster.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
I really hope Fritz has a juco DT hiding in the mix... Please #Fritzmas make it happen. :mrgreen:
Ruski
Swell

Unless there's a huge surprise the remaining question marks:

Shannon Forman announcing at 1:30, DT, handful of P5 offers
Kelvin Kegler, DT, 2/3 P5 offers,
Paul Gainer announcing at 1:30, OL, Miss St decommit down to Tulane and USM
Keirston Johnson announcing at 1pm, LB, Maryland and Syracuse offers most likely going to USF
chain gang x man
Swell

Jaxwave wrote:
winwave wrote:
Please nobody ever again try to convince me these kids care about an education. They don't want to study in college, plain and simple. Tutors at these big time programs will do all the work for them.

By the way the TE from Jesuit started some games for LSU this year.
Ed got it wrong
Dublin signed with Tulane

https://twitter.com/wgnosports/status/8 ... 6113840128
Last edited by chain gang x man on Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:
AugWave wrote: My bar is high. I never said the OL was up to par, and I'm surely not picking QB play because it's the sexy position. If you can sit here and say the QB play is better than the OL play over the past 3 years..... that's your opinion, chief. I've watched our QB play fall off a cliff.
I agree. Though not even an average OL, our line play has improved the last three years while our QB play has gone from good under Griffin to bad under Lee to horrendous last year. We literally had the worst QB play in the nation.

Like I said we'll have to agree to disagree. We haven't had good QB play in a while but it's hard to judge the QB's when the O-line has been as horrid as ours.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
McWave
High Tide

Thanks for all the advice. It's under consideration.

And to DfromCT. I don't have the time nor the desire to post 4500 plus comments on the internet. But u obviously do. Congrats.
Ruski
Swell

Ruski wrote:Unless there's a huge surprise the remaining question marks:

Shannon Forman announcing at 1:30, DT, handful of P5 offers
Kelvin Kegler, DT, 2/3 P5 offers,
Paul Gainer announcing at 1:30, OL, Miss St decommit down to Tulane and USM
Keirston Johnson announcing at 1pm, LB, Maryland and Syracuse offers most likely going to USF
Nevermind, Kegler and Johnson sign with USF.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
AugWave wrote: My bar is high. I never said the OL was up to par, and I'm surely not picking QB play because it's the sexy position. If you can sit here and say the QB play is better than the OL play over the past 3 years..... that's your opinion, chief. I've watched our QB play fall off a cliff.
I agree. Though not even an average OL, our line play has improved the last three years while our QB play has gone from good under Griffin to bad under Lee to horrendous last year. We literally had the worst QB play in the nation.

Like I said we'll have to agree to disagree. We haven't had good QB play in a while but it's hard to judge the QB's when the O-line has been as horrid as ours.
But the OL was actually worse 3 or 4 years ago. It definitely showed improvement the last two years under CJ (even though it still stunk) and this year as well. Yes, it was far from being an average D1 OL. But our QB play LITERALLY was the worst in D1. DFL in passing efficiency. LAST. And it wasn't because the QB was getting hit every time, it was because he couldn't throw the ball to the open man consistently. And his execution of the read option was absolutely terrible. It was tough to watch, knowing we had a stiff at QB.
Ruski
Swell

Will be interesting to hear the story on this one:
https://twitter.com/GreenWaveFB/status/ ... 4573666307
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Someone probably told him that it would be a poor decision to pass on a free ride to Tulane for preferred walk-on status at LSU, especially in light of the TOPS changes.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Apparently he has parents that have sense.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:
winwave wrote:
DfromCT wrote:

But the OL was actually worse 3 or 4 years ago. It definitely showed improvement the last two years under CJ (even though it still stunk) and this year as well. Yes, it was far from being an average D1 OL. But our QB play LITERALLY was the worst in D1. DFL in passing efficiency. LAST. And it wasn't because the QB was getting hit every time, it was because he couldn't throw the ball to the open man consistently. And his execution of the read option was absolutely terrible. It was tough to watch, knowing we had a stiff at QB.
The O-line play has continued to be terrible. It's why we went and got two guys, a JUCO and a grad transfer, that can hopefully come in and play right of way. It's not just coach speak when a coach says every player has a role in how a play turns out.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Ruski wrote:Whitlow signs with Auburn. This really really stinks.
Here's the story on Whitlow. It really sucks. Maybe there should be no contact by schools after Sunday night. Let the recruits think things through with their family. He's just made a life changing decision based on a late night phone call.
https://twitter.com/oanewspreps/status/ ... 8269216768
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson