Tulane beats SU 84-75

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Can we avenge last season's loss to SU:

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... ft_amplify
Last edited by winwave on Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
alumniwave
Low Tide

They have a big time scorer!
netshorty
Surge

winwave wrote:Can we avenge last season's loss to SU:

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... ft_amplify
Sagarin has them ranked 10 spots higher so we'll be able to chalk this one up as a loss to a team we're supposed to lose to...
netshorty
Surge

on pace to win 100-0
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

netshorty wrote:on pace to win 100-0
???
Down 22-20
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
netshorty
Surge

tpstulane wrote:
netshorty wrote:on pace to win 100-0
???
Down 22-20
yep, 10-0 at 1st media timeout and they go on a run... but not to worry, MD still has all his timeouts...
GreenLantern
Riptide

Cain Harris on bench with injured hand. Anything on TV or radio about this?
netshorty
Surge

GreenLantern wrote:Cain Harris on bench with injured hand. Anything on TV or radio about this?
was just wondering about this as well. nothing in the tv coverage has been mentioned. i was thinking that he should be gobbling up all the minutes Morgan is getting. Morgan is just not playing well...
oliveandblue
Surge

Tulane are finally putting 2-3 possessions together. The season is over, so it's time to just try to learn as a team and get a few new signings in for next season.
oliveandblue
Surge

It will be interesting to see if Tulane can put a couple of wins together before conference play.
oliveandblue
Surge

Refs need to swallow the whistle. Both teams are just shooting FTs the whole half. It's hard to watch.
galvezwave
Swell

Score?
netshorty
Surge

galvezwave wrote:Score?
84-75 Wave. much better performance compared to UNO game.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Fast starts to each half lead to victory:

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/ ... ft_amplify
lurker123
Swell

oliveandblue wrote:Tulane are finally putting 2-3 possessions together. The season is over, so it's time to just try to learn as a team and get a few new signings in for next season.
Please don't tell the team yet the season is over as it still has three-quarters of the season left to play including every conference game. Maybe with luck we can win one more game. Too optimistic? What do you think?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Defense and rebounding lead to win:

http://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2016/12 ... 84-75.aspx
Houma de Wave
Swell

I was at the game...smallest crowd I've seen in quite a while. Some football players were there, but not a whole lot of students. Nice for these guys just to get the win. Blake Paul and Ray Ona Embo gave good efforts. Cam Reynolds carried the load.
Show Me
Tsunami

Houma de Wave wrote:I was at the game...smallest crowd I've seen in quite a while. Some football players were there, but not a whole lot of students. Nice for these guys just to get the win. Blake Paul and Ray Ona Embo gave good efforts. Cam Reynolds carried the load.
Yep. I had tickets but decided to stay home and watch it instead with two bad teams playing. The place really looked empty on TV except for one section behind the Tulane bench. One can't expect to draw when you're 1-7 and playing a SWAC team picked to finish 3rd in that bad league. Tulane was terrible from the FT line (60%) but Southern was even worst from beyond the arc (14%). With the upcoming bad teams scheduled the Wave should easily win out before starting conference play.
galvezwave
Swell

Show Me wrote:
Houma de Wave wrote:I was at the game...smallest crowd I've seen in quite a while. Some football players were there, but not a whole lot of students. Nice for these guys just to get the win. Blake Paul and Ray Ona Embo gave good efforts. Cam Reynolds carried the load.
Yep. I had tickets but decided to stay home and watch it instead with two bad teams playing. The place really looked empty on TV except for one section behind the Tulane bench. One can't expect to draw when you're 1-7 and playing a SWAC team picked to finish 3rd in that bad league. Tulane was terrible from the FT line (60%) but Southern was even worst from beyond the arc (14%). With the upcoming bad teams scheduled the Wave should easily win out before starting conference play.
It's never "easily"
Houma de Wave
Swell

galvezwave wrote:
Show Me wrote:
It's never "easily"
There are no easy wins for this team, unless something changes drastically. One saving grace was that last night we avenged the loss at Southern last year.
GreenLantern
Riptide

As of this morning, Tulane's RPI is 281 as compared to Southern's 291, SouthEastern at 270 and USM at 324. Here's hoping for a good showing on the road this Friday afternoon at Hattiesburg.

I was pleasantly surprised at how we defensed the hot-shooting Prudhomme from Southern. We'll need to teach Coach Dunleavy that you pronounce the name as PREW-dome and not prood-HOME.

After the game when I passed Cain Harris at the victory bell ceremony, I asked how he was doing and he smiled and replied 'I'm doing great'. Graff indicated that we might expect him back for the USM game. I'm not so sure about that. He was treating his right hand like it was pretty painful. At the second-half warmup, he was throwing up a few threes left-handedly and doing pretty well. I'll bet there's more to this story. I can't see how you would hurt your hand that badly 'in a uniform'.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote:As of this morning, Tulane's RPI is 281 as compared to Southern's 291, SouthEastern at 270 and USM at 324. Here's hoping for a good showing on the road this Friday afternoon at Hattiesburg.

I was pleasantly surprised at how we defensed the hot-shooting Prudhomme from Southern. We'll need to teach Coach Dunleavy that you pronounce the name as PREW-dome and not prood-HOME.

After the game when I passed Cain Harris at the victory bell ceremony, I asked how he was doing and he smiled and replied 'I'm doing great'. Graff indicated that we might expect him back for the USM game. I'm not so sure about that. He was treating his right hand like it was pretty painful. At the second-half warmup, he was throwing up a few threes left-handedly and doing pretty well. I'll bet there's more to this story. I can't see how you would hurt your hand that badly 'in a uniform'.
The USM game is Saturday. It's Kain not Cain.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

We handled USM last year pretty well (59-40). I'm hoping for a similar result this Saturday.
http://www.hattiesburgamerican.com/stor ... /77794234/
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981