UNO crushes the Wave 74-59

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We play at UNO tomorrow night at 7. The game will be on Cox sports 1037 locally. They were picked 4th on the Southland in the preseason. Though one of their top players ,Nate Frye, hasn't played yet this season:

http://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2016/11 ... night.aspx

I hope these programs get it together again and bring back a great rivalry. That would mean two good OOC games w/packed houses and no travel cost.
Last edited by winwave on Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
rollinggreen
High Tide

Haven't played well in the Lakefront Arena the past couple of times. Hope the trend doesn't continue. Even though we have lost to P5 teams, 3 of them have been picked last or 2nd to last in their conferences.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Working on the "D":

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... ft_amplify

Frazier out w/a back injury.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Anybody going to the game?

At UNO Lakefront, are the tickets general admission or assigned seating? A friend who is a UNO alum and season ticket holder gave me two tickets. I'm sure they are behind the UNO bench, but I would rather sit in the Tulane area. Thoughts?
chain gang x man
Swell

Yeah free tickets but I heard Maestri is charging $15 to park ;) ;)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

chain gang x man wrote:Yeah free tickets but I heard Maestri is charging $15 to park ;) ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
greenphantom
Swell

As a UNO grad, this series used to be difficult to watch as I usually pulled for whichever team had the most potential to have a good season. Haven't cared either way in a long, long time.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

greenphantom wrote:As a UNO grad, this series used to be difficult to watch as I usually pulled for whichever team had the most potential to have a good season. Haven't cared either way in a long, long time.
This is UNO's marquee home game to draw. It will be interesting to see the crowd tonight. But like you said there is not much interest from either fan base. I miss the Perry Clark, Tim Floyd days of the two programs. Even Ron Greene days were great matchups. Oh well.
Tulane Class of 1981
puffy
Surge

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Exactly what I was thinking about!!
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:
greenphantom wrote:As a UNO grad, this series used to be difficult to watch as I usually pulled for whichever team had the most potential to have a good season. Haven't cared either way in a long, long time.
This is UNO's marquee home game to draw. It will be interesting to see the crowd tonight. But like you said there is not much interest from either fan base. I miss the Perry Clark, Tim Floyd days of the two programs. Even Ron Greene days were great matchups. Oh well.
Dees and BVK too. Crowd will be maybe 1,000.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Dees and BVK too. Crowd will be maybe 1,000.
Yep. Bennie Dees and Butch.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Add Tic Price to the list!

Early on, our offense looks like the football team! We keep chucking them up quickly, and haven't made anything other than a Cain Harris drive. We're now 1 of 12, trailing 14-2. Dunleavy needs to call a time out.
Last edited by DfromCT on Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
netshorty
Surge

WTF, Mike Dunleavy is really drawing up these shots? Call an f'n timeout and get things straight!
Ruski
Swell

This team is hard to watch.
netshorty
Surge

Um, when does varsity play?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Last minute I decided to stay home. Wow this is brutal to watch. I can't imagine being there in person. 34-17 UNO up at half.
Tulane Class of 1981
netshorty
Surge

UNO Coach ends interview with "they (Tulane) are pretty good." Then turns around and laughs as he walks away.
DrBox
Riptide

netshorty wrote:UNO Coach ends interview with "they (Tulane) are pretty good." Then turns around and laughs as he walks away.
Screw the UNO coach...what the heck has he ever done?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

UNO is bad enough that we can still win this.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I don't know if any of you had the misfortune to be there the last time we played there under Dickerson. Think the offense is bad tonight. Unbelievably horrid that night. To make it worse both teams were horrible offensively. My worst experience ever at a Tulane basketball game. It sealed DD getting fired.
netshorty
Surge

DrBox wrote:
netshorty wrote:UNO Coach ends interview with "they (Tulane) are pretty good." Then turns around and laughs as he walks away.
Screw the UNO coach...what the heck has he ever done?
He's got the better New Orleans team. 2 Times better.

Kidding aside I should frame my comment in proper context. I'm pretty sure he ended the interview and then was smiling/happy when making eye contact with an assistant (or some other team member). More likely because of the butt kicking they put on us the first half. But I found it appropriate to embellish a little as the timing was perfect that he made that comment and shortly thereafter appeared to be amused that he called us pretty good. I mean I actually laughed when he said we were pretty good.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:I don't know if any of you had the misfortune to be there the last time we played there under Dickerson. Think the offense is bad tonight. Unbelievably horrid that night. To make it worse both teams were horrible offensively. My worst experience ever at a Tulane basketball game. It sealed DD getting fired.
Yep. I remember that one.
Tulane Class of 1981
netshorty
Surge

tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:I don't know if any of you had the misfortune to be there the last time we played there under Dickerson. Think the offense is bad tonight. Unbelievably horrid that night. To make it worse both teams were horrible offensively. My worst experience ever at a Tulane basketball game. It sealed DD getting fired.
That team scored 1 more point then this team in the first half...
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

netshorty wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
That team scored 1 more point then this team in the first half...
Wow
Tulane Class of 1981