UCONN Game Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
dpm wave
Swell

Current forecast for Sat. PM is a 50% chance of rain and temps in the low 40's.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Rain and cold. As if these two offenses aren't challenged enough already. Bet the UNDER! No matter what it is.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Updated weather from CT: East Hartford forecast calls for a chance of morning shower on Saturday, should clear up by game time. Temps in the mid 40's, predicted high is 46. Not warm, typical New England late fall day. Probably be down to low 40's by fourth quarter. Last Saturday (two days ago) we had temps in the 60's! Last night we had snow squalls.

I would still bet the under! Both teams are inept on offense. Where's Jordy Joseph when we need him?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Eaglewave
Swell

Don't see us winning this one.
Ball Sumrall!
RobertM320
Green Wave

Eaglewave wrote:Don't see us winning this one.
Why not?

Picture yourself as a UConn fan. You haven't scored a TD in over a month. You've scored 3,0,0 in your last three games, and you're on a 5 game losing steak. The QB you're playing hasn't generated a single point in the entire time he's played. Your coach is on the hot seat. Is there any reason you would have to expect to win?

I guess what I'm asking is, what do you see in UConn that makes you think we can't beat them?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
lurker123
Swell

The spread says more about UConn than it does about Tulane. We may not have watched UConn play but Vegas has. This game is winnable. Roll Wave!!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320
Green Wave

Looks like we were right.
Freshman quarterback Darius Bradwell, who has not played since the Southern game in week 2, practiced at running back on Tuesday. Said Fritz: “We’re trying to find a way for him to contribute because he’s certainly a very good athlete.”
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:
Why not?

Picture yourself as a UConn fan. You haven't scored a TD in over a month. You've scored 3,0,0 in your last three games, and you're on a 5 game losing steak. The QB you're playing hasn't generated a single point in the entire time he's played. Your coach is on the hot seat. Is there any reason you would have to expect to win?

I guess what I'm asking is, what do you see in UConn that makes you think we can't beat them?
I don't think this is a game we cannot win, but I also think this is a game UConn thinks, and should think, they should win as well. These teams BOTH stink. And both teams are best playing D. Another AAC team that has D equally as good as Tulane's D. Their secondary is better than ours, our D line is better than UConn's.

This might be the worst attended and watched game the AAC has this season. I'd be shocked if the viewing audience exceeds 100K. Heck, I'm not even watching, unless I can DVR or watch it on ESPN3 after the fact.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:
Looks like we were right.
Freshman quarterback Darius Bradwell, who has not played since the Southern game in week 2, practiced at running back on Tuesday. Said Fritz: “We’re trying to find a way for him to contribute because he’s certainly a very good athlete.”
Yep. Hope he ends up thriving there.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

DfromCT wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
Why not?

I don't think this is a game we cannot win, but I also think this is a game UConn thinks, and should think, they should win as well. These teams BOTH stink. And both teams are best playing D. Another AAC team that has D equally as good as Tulane's D. Their secondary is better than ours, our D line is better than UConn's.

This might be the worst attended and watched game the AAC has this season. I'd be shocked if the viewing audience exceeds 100K. Heck, I'm not even watching, unless I can DVR or watch it on ESPN3 after the fact.
D, so what you're saying is that this should be a fun tickle fight to watch? Both teams' offenses are offensively bad. Sounds like the weather and the possibility of rain means a sell out? What am I missing here? :mrgreen:
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I think it will be a boring game to watch.

One thing that bothers me is that the "Official website of Tulane Athletics" AND this site list the game as being played in Storrs, CT. Yes, that's where the main campus of UConn resides, but their football stadium is 25-30 miles away in East Hartford, CT. The game is NOT being played in Storrs!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

This site also says it's at 12 central. It's at 3.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

The game starts at 4 PM EST, 3 PM CST. The good news is that the rain should be done. The bad news is that it will be close to sunset and colder...probably low 40's dropping into the high 30's.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320
Green Wave

Important quote from Nico Marley. There's some on here that should really pay attention to it.
“Bad days are going to happen, and you are going to have to deal with them and persevere through them and be a grown man about situations like that and accept it,” he said. “Coach Fritz embraced us seniors and always kept us involved. People should follow coach Fritz because he knows where he’s going and he’s going in the right direction. He just needs the right people to go with him.”
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Dontrell Hilliard is not listed on the depth chart. Hopefully it's just an oversight.