When was the last time a Tulane QB threw 400+ pass yds against an FBS team with a winning record (minimum 5 wins)?

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

I watched the Virginia Tech and Pitt game last night - game in which Virginia Tech's QB threw for over 400 yards. It made me think about Tulane's passing issues, and I wondered when was the last time that a Tulane QB accomplished that feat against a team with a winning record that had as many wins as Pitt.

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Aberzombie1892 wrote:I watched the Virginia Tech and Pitt game last night - game in which Virginia Tech's QB threw for over 400 yards. It made me think about Tulane's passing issues, and I wondered when was the last time that a Tulane QB accomplished that feat against a team with a winning record that had as many wins as Pitt.
The last QB that I can remember ever throwing for 400 yards was Ryan Griffin. He beat UAB in Birmingham 2012 (TURVS and I) went to that game.
He also did it vs Rice later that same year.
UAB had a losing record but Rice had a winning record and went to a bowl game that year.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Aberzombie1892
Swell

tpstulane wrote:The last QB that I can remember ever throwing for 400 yards was Ryan Griffin. He beat UAB in Birmingham 2012 because we went to that game.
Thanks. If I recall correctly, both Rice and UAB had horrible records though. I was trying to find when the last time Tulane managed to accomplish that versus a decent team and I was hoping that it was sometime past the year 2000.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:The last QB that I can remember ever throwing for 400 yards was Ryan Griffin. He beat UAB in Birmingham 2012 because we went to that game.
Thanks. If I recall correctly, both Rice and UAB had horrible records though. I was trying to find when the last time Tulane managed to accomplish that versus a decent team and I was hoping that it was sometime past the year 2000.
Actually Rice went 7-6 that year. And won it's bowl game.
Patrick Ramsey did it in 1999 vs Army. But I don't remember Army's record at that time.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Aberzombie1892
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:
Patrick Ramsey did it in 1999 vs Army. But I don't remember Army's record at that time.
Ah gotcha. Well, that wasn't that long ago then.
JerseyWave
Riptide

I don't think Tulane QBs are going to throw for 400 yards this entire season.
MicMan
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:
I went to that game, TU hung 53 on the Cadets. I would add, West Point is a fantastic place on game day.
wave97
Swell

MicMan wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:
I went to that game, TU hung 53 on the Cadets. I would add, West Point is a fantastic place on game day.
Are you sure that it was 1999? 1998 we played Army @ Michie Stadium and won 49-38. 1999 we won at home 48-28.
MicMan
Swell

It was 2003. 50-33 Tulane. Losman only threw for 350 yards and 5 TDs.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Clemson assistant J P Losman threw at Tuesday's Clemson Pro Day and was invited to try out by an un_named NFL team . Per Football Scoop . J P declined .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
swampnik
Surge

If memory serves, I think Lester Richard threw for about 400 years at City Park Stadium when the Wave upset no. 24 UAB 55-49 about 15-20 years ago?
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

swampnik wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:24 am If memory serves, I think Lester Richard threw for about 400 years at City Park Stadium when the Wave upset no. 24 UAB 55-49 about 15-20 years ago?
Lester RICARD threw for 417 yards and a record 6 touchdowns when Tulane beat UAB 59-55 at City Park in 2004. They were ranked for the week ahead of the Tulane game, but that was the only week they were ranked. They didn't make it back into the top 25 until last season, when they made their second appearance ever in the polls. The 2004 team was lead by a receiver named Roddy White, who went on to have a pretty good career with the Falcons.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
swampnik
Surge

DfromCT wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:51 pm
swampnik wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:24 am If memory serves, I think Lester Richard threw for about 400 years at City Park Stadium when the Wave upset no. 24 UAB 55-49 about 15-20 years ago?
Lester RICARD threw for 417 yards and a record 6 touchdowns when Tulane beat UAB 59-55 at City Park in 2004. They were ranked for the week ahead of the Tulane game, but that was the only week they were ranked. They didn't make it back into the top 25 until last season, when they made their second appearance ever in the polls. The 2004 team was lead by a receiver named Roddy White, who went on to have a pretty good career with the Falcons.
I was at Tad G. Stade that day. Lester on fire along with Izzy Route and (McIntosh)? No doubt at all that TU and Scelfo would have had a legit bowl team in 2005 if not for Katrina uprooting football operations.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

swampnik wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:32 pm
DfromCT wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:51 pm
I was at Tad G. Stade that day. Lester on fire along with Izzy Route and (McIntosh)? No doubt at all that TU and Scelfo would have had a legit bowl team in 2005 if not for Katrina uprooting football operations.
I really thought the 2005 team was going to be a CUSA contender, and had a chance to get to 10 wins. But the conditions under which they took the field week after week totally killed what could have been a very promising team. Scelfo's book about the whole debacle is very revealing. I think Scelfo knew by the 3rd or 4th game that it was going to be tough to get another win. I will always respect that group for what they did carrying the Tulane banner when the school was closed.

I remember tearing up when they took the field against Mississippi State to open the season on Sept 17. I think it was an emotional time for all of us, I know it was an extremely trying and faith testing time for those that live or lived in the greater New Orleans area.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V