Tulsa Wipes out the Wave 50-27

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote:BTW: Nico Marley is a horrible football player. Yes, I said it! He stinks! Put a middle linebacker out there, not a smurf for God's sake! He's a media darling because of the legacy of his Grandfather - he should be benched. I have never bought into the greatness of Nico! He tries to be a Troy Polamalu - He's NOT!
I don't buy that at all. He's a ball hawk. Yes, from time to time he gets tossed around like a rag doll. But he also makes a whole lot of plays. And coaches that know a $hitload more about defensive football than you or I have started him for four years (and I'm not talking about Fritz or CJ).

Frankly, he's been my favorite player to watch the last four years. Smart is pretty damned good, too, but other than that, we're just not very talented.

AND BTW: I'm the guy that argued in another thread that Marley will not get more than a FA look in the NFL.

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
greenphantom
Swell

DfromCT wrote:
wave97 wrote:BTW: Nico Marley is a horrible football player. Yes, I said it! He stinks! Put a middle linebacker out there, not a smurf for God's sake! He's a media darling because of the legacy of his Grandfather - he should be benched. I have never bought into the greatness of Nico! He tries to be a Troy Polamalu - He's NOT!
I don't buy that at all. He's a ball hawk. Yes, from time to time he gets tossed around like a rag doll. But he also makes a whole lot of plays. And coaches that know a $hitload more about defensive football than you or I have started him for four years (and I'm not talking about Fritz or CJ).

Frankly, he's been my favorite player to watch the last four years. Smart is pretty damned good, too, but other than that, we're just not very talented.

AND BTW: I'm the guy that argued in another thread that Marley will not get more than a FA look in the NFL.
Agree 100%. Wave 97 needs to lay off the sauce
JerseyWave
Riptide

31-7. Defense is done for the day.
Mandeville Wave
High Tide

Total Yards:

Tulsa 323
Tulane 61
JerseyWave
Riptide

We should probably give Brantley a series.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bottom feeding: We're not going to win a conference game until we can eliminate 3 and outs, and SCORE 30 points. Our team doesn't have the talent, despite better coaching, to win in the AAC. I'm not surprised, but disappointed. I'll watch the second half, barely, while making dinner (beef stroganoff!)

We're just not very good, and our weaknesses are being exposed in this conference. The conference isn't a Power Conference, but it's a big step up from CUSA and the Sun Belt. And yes, at this point, I'd like to see Brantley. KEEP BADIE ON THE SIDELINES AND DON"T RUN HIM UP THE MIDDLE IF YOU PLAY HIM!
Jaxwave
Swell

The whole college football world is running a wide open spread offense and we hire a guy to run a service academy offense as if we are incapable of competing with everybody else. Completely giving up.
JerseyWave
Riptide

At least our uniforms look great!
JerseyWave
Riptide

#89 drops a touchdown pass.
Mandeville Wave
High Tide

Piss pour clock management
JerseyWave
Riptide

I guess Fritz is going save his timeouts for halftime.
Jaxwave
Swell

Our OC is an idiot. This game should make us question this coaching hire.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Jaxwave wrote:The whole college football world is running a wide open spread offense and we hire a guy to run a service academy offense as if we are incapable of competing with everybody else. Completely giving up.
Maybe. It's unclear who all was interested in the Tulane job, but Fritz likely had the best resume of any candidate interested in the job. The Tulane job is better than it was pre-CJ, but it's still not a good job.
JerseyWave
Riptide

Kicking game nightmares continue. We need to recruit a quarterback and a kicker.
Jaxwave
Swell

This is high schoolish. Check that, blocked FG, middle schoolish. You cannot defend the playcalling. Seriously, I'm telling Fritz to scrub this offense for next year. By the way, Cuillette is let's say very limited.
Jaxwave
Swell

This is high schoolish. Check that, blocked FG, middle schoolish. You cannot defend the playcalling.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

JerseyWave wrote:Kicking game nightmares continue. We need to recruit a quarterback and a kicker.
Unless recruiting turns around for all areas, 2017 Tulane will likely be worse than 2016 Tulane given how many current starters are Seniors and Redshirt Seniors.
JerseyWave
Riptide

SMU next week is Tulane's best chance for a conference win. Otherwise, we won't win another game this season. Fritz needs JUCO/Grad transfer help for 2017 and his offense has to evolve to compete in the AAC. He should hire an ace local recruiter for his staff too. Otherwise he will be another in a long line of failures at Tulane.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Yes, if Cuiellette is our QB next year, we're in trouble.

People expected miracles. This team has limited talent and plays a whole lot of underclassmen. I was roasted for pointing that out all through the spring and summer. Now I want to point out that we're clearly a better team than we were under CJ, especially the last couple of years. This is the first game that I'm having a tough time watching. Under CJ just about every game was hard to watch.

Don't give up on Fritz or the Wave. We'll be better at the end of the year than we were when we started (though we play better teams the second half of the season than we did in the first half.) I still think we win 4 games, and are much improved despite the modest pick up of only one win versus last year.
McWave
High Tide

Can u say CJ!!!!!!! Nice game!!!! Time to go grocery shopping!!!!!'
JerseyWave
Riptide

Fritz and Dannen are winners and they smart, driven professionals. I think they are getting a lesson in humility this season and they will do what it takes to get this thing fixed. Way too early to give up on the Big Picture.
Mandeville Wave
High Tide

DfromCT wrote:Yes, if Cuiellette is our QB next year, we're in trouble.

People expected miracles. This team has limited talent and plays a whole lot of underclassmen. I was roasted for pointing that out all through the spring and summer. Now I want to point out that we're clearly a better team than we were under CJ, especially the last couple of years. This is the first game that I'm having a tough time watching. Under CJ just about every game was hard to watch.

Don't give up on Fritz or the Wave. We'll be better at the end of the year than we were when we started (though we play better teams the second half of the season than we did in the first half.) I still think we win 4 games, and are much improved despite the modest pick up of only one win versus last year.
I agree with you about Fritz BUT his problem is his offense. His offense can work at the FCS level and the Sunbelt but legit FBS players don't want to play in this offense. That is obvious by our recruiting thus far.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Not there yet. Will take awhile to flush the losing culture here.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Bigschtick
Riptide

very sad indeed.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

According to the announcers Ed Conroy is coaching Tulane basketball this year. :roll:
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.