Tulsa Wipes out the Wave 50-27

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Very poor performance. Then on top of all the secondary injuries we are now racking them up at DE- Wouullard ,Carroll and
Aruna. Yikes.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

It's unfortunate that Tulane has had a trend of an increasing margin of loss against good teams.

By 4 vs Wake
By 7 vs Navy
By 10 vs Memphis
By 23 vs Tulsa
msdos
Swell

JV coach, JV results

We'll never beat an equal or greater team with this offense, and we'll never recruit better players with this offense so the cycle continues.

New faces, same Tulane Football
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

At this time Tulsa is better. We will be the favorite vs SMU and we will win.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:At this time Tulsa is better. We will be the favorite vs SMU and we will win.
+1
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bearwave
High Tide

tpstulane wrote:At this time Tulsa is better. We will be the favorite vs SMU and we will win.
Ponies run basically the same offense as Tulsa and are playing much better than last year. If Tulane can't throw some, it will be ugly.
Bears are Ready to Rhule! Sic'em
ajcalhoun
Swell

The SMU that is up 21-0 on Houston right now?
God Bless Everyone!
Jaxwave
Swell

SMU up 21-0 on Houston in 2nd qtr. Not an easy win.
Hornetswave
Low Tide

SMU 21- Houston 7 With 4:00 before the half
Wave755
Tsunami

Oops; SMU 28, UH 7 @ half! :o
Wave755
Tsunami

SMU 31, UH 14 with 6 minutes left in the 4th quarter. :roll:
RobertM320
Green Wave

Houston has looked downright average tonight.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Aberzombie1892
Swell

After the events of this weekend, the AAC needs Navy to not lose again in order for the conference to even have a shot at the New Years Six slot, and Navy still has ND, Army, Tulsa, USF, and SMU remaining on its schedule.

If SMUs has indeed turned a corner, Tulane's season isn't going to end well.
Wave755
Tsunami

Final: SMU 38, UH 16. Look at the bright side, maybe we can beat Houston this year after all? ;) :D 8-) And, we can now conclusively say Tom Herman will not be coaching at LSU next year. :shakingno:
JerseyWave
Riptide

Now I am starting to wonder if Fritz running off Tanner Lee was a good idea. Lee has experience and NFL talent. There isn't a quarterback on Tulane's roster than can win in the AAC. If Fritz coached up Lee and tailored the offense to his strength would we be more successful? I can't stand the QB draw they run. You need a playmaker at QB for that to work. We don't have it! This cr@p won't work at this level of competition and Fritz has never coached at this level either. He better figure it out in the offseason. He also needs a recruiter on his staff. I don't think he has one. We will know if Fritz is the answer by next September. If he's still running this same shit in Year Two then Willie Fritz will be the next in line to fail at Tulane.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

DrBox
Riptide

Terrible all the way around.
19 pass attempts and 39 yards...that has to be a record

I certainly hope he didn't run off Lee. With a rosternotherwise devoid of a single pass attempt, that would have been nutty.
On paper Tulsa's recruiting hasn't been much better than ours if better at all. sMU's has, however.
puffy
Surge

The passing game's regression is concerning.

On a lighter note, Rounds is finally becoming the player CCJ always said he thought he was.
GreenLantern
Riptide

I awoke this morning from a troubled dream in which Curtis Johnson was coaching Tulane. There was poor special team play including muffed punts and missed short field goals. The quarterback play was suspect and there were a lot of confused and confusing play calls. In the dream there were incidents of Coach Johnson's signature poor-clock management and a number of bone-headed penalties. In summary it was a colossal beat-down curb-stomping. Gee am I glad that era is behind us.
lurker123
Swell

DrBox wrote:Terrible all the way around.
19 pass attempts and 39 yards...that has to be a record

I certainly hope he didn't run off Lee. With a rosternotherwise devoid of a single pass attempt, that would have been nutty.
On paper Tulsa's recruiting hasn't been much better than ours if better at all. sMU's has, however.
I guess it's time to restart the 100+ page thread on Lee. I certainly don't think WF ran him off. I think WF made it clear he was not going to run a pro-style offense and Lee thinking of both short and long term felt UN or anther pro-style offense was a better place for him. Ironically UN seems to have reawakened at the same time Lee showed up.

I do think after watching GC, Lee certainly could have run this offense. Too bad he left. Just my five cents.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

GreenLantern wrote:I awoke this morning from a troubled dream in which Curtis Johnson was coaching Tulane. There was poor special team play including muffed punts and missed short field goals. The quarterback play was suspect and there were a lot of confused and confusing play calls. In the dream there were incidents of Coach Johnson's signature poor-clock management and a number of bone-headed penalties. In summary it was a colossal beat-down curb-stomping. Gee am I glad that era is behind us.
Well, it's too soon to be concerned about the Fritz era as a whole, but it's not too soon to be concerned about next season given the recent on the field performances and the impending loss of an important handful of starters - Oklahoma, Army, USF, ECU, Cincinnati + AAC West, Grambling State, and a weak FIU make the 2017 schedule seem a lot more difficult than it did a couple of weeks ago.