Wave loses 24-14

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Jaxwave
Swell

The tough thing about Cuillette is that he only makes the right read on the option about 60% of the time.

JerseyWave
Riptide

Window dressing touchdown.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Haha I'm not even going to count that garbage qb draw td, but hey at least we still fighting.
RobertM320
Green Wave

I've noticed Glen flexing his shoulder a lot. I think its still bothering him.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Please gambling gods do not let them Memphis score.
Ruski
Swell

Jaxwave wrote:Unfortunately, to get good in the Fritz offense you have to devote inordinate amount of time to the running game which means not a lot of time to develop a passing attack. Going to be very frustrating over the next few years until we find a good dual threat QB.
Shouldn't be that hard. I think 4 out of the top 25 duel threat QBs for 2017 class are in LA. Should be priority #1 with recruiting.
JerseyWave
Riptide

Mike Novell looks a lot older than 35.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

He had a mulligan and it was still an ugly kick.
Jaxwave
Swell

Worst execution of an onsides kick I have ever seen.
Ruski
Swell

brutal. some how we did all the hard stuff right. and royally fucked up the stuff that's supposed to be easy :x :x :x :x
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Ruski wrote:brutal. some how we did all the hard stuff right. and royally f**ked up the stuff that's supposed to be easy :x :x :x :x
Yeah that's a good assessment. On the bright side, we had a legitimate chance going into the 4th quarter whereas last year, we were long gone by the 4th.
JerseyWave
Riptide

1. Special teams were terrible.
2. Cuiellette regressed tonight. Throwing shoulder might be bothering him.
3. I'm sick of the QB draw.
4. We won't win conference games until we have a legitimate pass attack.
5. Have to recruit better talent and the talent has to develope. We need playmakers on offense.
6. Fritz still looking for first conference win.
Ruski
Swell

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
Ruski wrote:brutal. some how we did all the hard stuff right. and royally f**ked up the stuff that's supposed to be easy :x :x :x :x
Yeah that's a good assessment. On the bright side, we had a legitimate chance going into the 4th quarter whereas last year, we were long gone by the 4th.
Just feel terrible for the defense. How many of them are seniors?
msdos
Swell

JV coach, JV results.

I'm so sick of having a stellar defense that can hang with anyone only to also have a head coach try and force a bullshit offense. 10 years of the same old shit.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Ruski wrote:
GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
We are losing Tanzel Smart, Nico Marley, and Allen Richard on defense after this year. Tanzel and Nico are huge contributors and probably will be playing on sunday.
RobertM320
Green Wave

JerseyWave wrote:1. Special teams were terrible.
2. Cuiellette regressed tonight. Throwing shoulder might be bothering him.
3. I'm sick of the QB draw.
4. We won't win conference games until we have a legitimate pass attack.
5. Have to recruit better talent and the talent has to develope. We need playmakers on offense.
6. Fritz still looking for first conference win.
That's pretty harsh. #5's pretty obvious. We play a lot of inexperienced guys at QB and WR, so you expect us not to be proficient passing in only six games. And six games is hardly enough time to develop. #6, he's only played two conference games, and the two teams are a combined 9-2 with a win over a top ten team. You're setting the bar pretty high in season one, don't you think?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Best team won. We're not to the Memphis level yet.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

tpstulane wrote:Best team won. We're not to the Memphis level yet.
Direct result of them having juco level admission requirements and then eligibility :lolgreen: :lolgreen: :lolgreen:
Ruski
Swell

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
Ruski wrote:
GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
We are losing Tanzel Smart, Nico Marley, and Allen Richard on defense after this year. Tanzel and Nico are huge contributors and probably will be playing on sunday.
Those 3 are definitely gonna be missed but that's not as bad as I would've guessed. Nickerson, Marbely, and Aruna were all coming up huge today.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Aruna's becoming a beast. I love his tackling technique. He's textbook. I still wonder if its because he didn't play football early, which meant he didn't pick up bad habits.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Best team won. We're not to the Memphis level yet.
Direct result of them having juco level admission requirements and then eligibility :lolgreen: :lolgreen: :lolgreen:
No question.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Just a poor experience. Memphis is not any good. They just aren't. That's not D-1 football. It's not a D-1 stadium and the atmosphere is awful. Poor play by the offense and ST's. I feel sorry for the D. We are really going to miss Smart. He does it all. I'll put the game day experience in the proper thread.

This conference is nowhere near a P5 status. It is light years away from it. That will only worsen when the P5 votes to have 100 scholarships. Just really sucks.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
wave97
Swell

When Tanzel leaves after this season our defense will have to adjust to 11 on 11 football. Right now it is our 11 against their 10.
JUCO d-line ASAP & a true dual threat QB.
Nico won't play on Sunday.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
puffy
Surge

Immediate post game narratives thus far:

Game 1: Defense is great! But whooo-boy, that is some HS-level play calling on offense. We'll never score any points with GC running the quadruple option.

Game 2: Wow! Is that what the quad can look like when a legitimate option qb is running it! Brantley is the future!

Game 3: Yikes, that offense is putrid. Brantley can't throw the ball at all. I thought Fritz was a better decision maker than that; what was he doing putting in GC cold in the final possession? Disappointing all around. We need a new kicker, like, yesterday. I'm surprised the defense doesn't walk off the field, they get no support from the O.

Game 4: Whoooo-boy! That's what I'm talking about! GC all the way bay-bay! I always knew DiRocco would come thru in the clutch!

Game 5: Ba-Boom! Complete game! Never had any doubts, even when Tulane was down 14 early and I had already switched over to Fixer Upper reruns on HGTV.

Game 6: Terrible, awful, disgusting, insulting. The offense stinks, Fritz is Pop-Warner level, the stadium needs to be leveled yesterday, special teams was more like spatial teams! I'm done, DONE until next weekend!!!