Wave wins over UMASS on the road 31-24

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Let's do this. Lat two times we were 2-2 and won we ended up going Bowling.

http://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2016/9/ ... umass.aspx
Last edited by winwave on Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
GreenLantern
Riptide

It must be terrible being a UMASS Minuteman! (Don't expect much out of them after the first quarter)
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

GreenLantern wrote:It must be terrible being a UMASS Minuteman! (Don't expect much out of them after the first quarter)
Too good GL +1000000! Anyone in that region like D can give us update on weather? Let's go mean greenies! Roll damn Wave!
Houma de Wave
Swell

Currently (11am) light rain in Foxborough. Weather forecast has it Cloudy with no rain from 2pm-7pm; so, may be no rain during the football game.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Houma de Wave wrote:Currently (11am) light rain in Foxborough. Weather forecast has it Cloudy with no rain from 2pm-7pm; so, may be no rain during the football game.
Game is in amherst.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
Too good GL +1000000! Anyone in that region like D can give us update on weather? Let's go mean greenies! Roll damn Wave!
The game is in Amherst, which is about 75-100 miles inland from Foxborough, which is about 5 miles from the coast (more rain along the coast). It starts at 3:30 local time, 2:30 N'awlins time.

We're currently enjoying a typical New England fall day. It's not very cold, not really raw, but very cloudy and humid, with temps in the mid/upper 50's, steady breeze and a slight chance for a shower at any time throughout the afternoon. The weather channel hourly forecast now says only 15% chance of rain at gametime, increasing to 20-25% during the second half. It's certainly not going to be played in a downpour, though there's a chance of a shower or brief heavy rain.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Houma de Wave
Swell

mbawavefan12 wrote:
Houma de Wave wrote:Currently (11am) light rain in Foxborough. Weather forecast has it Cloudy with no rain from 2pm-7pm; so, may be no rain during the football game.
Game is in amherst.
Sorry, I checked the CBS Sports website and they had the location wrong. Hence, currently misting (11:20am CDT) and showers are expected for the first 30 to 60 minutes of the game.

Thanks for the correction mba!
JerseyWave
Riptide

Our guys have been playing football in heat and humidity for the last two months. Today's weather should be a welcomed relief as long as there's no precipitation.
JerseyWave
Riptide

I was surfing around UMass official football website. To put things in perspective, two years ago UMass opened a $34.5 million Football Performance Center, which houses their coaches offices, locker room, weight room and so on. No IPF. Tulane has a long way to go as far Football operations facilities are concerned.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

JerseyWave wrote:I was surfing around UMass official football website. To put things in perspective, two years ago UMass opened a $34.5 million Football Performance Center, which houses their coaches offices, locker room, weight room and so on. No IPF. Tulane has a long way to go as far Football operations facilities are concerned.
Have you seen their football field? It holds 17,000 and looks like Tad Gormley Stadium... They should have put their money elsewhere.
JerseyWave
Riptide

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:I was surfing around UMass official football website. To put things in perspective, two years ago UMass opened a $34.5 million Football Performance Center, which houses their coaches offices, locker room, weight room and so on. No IPF. Tulane has a long way to go as far Football operations facilities are concerned.
Have you seen their football field? It holds 17,000 and looks like Tad Gormley Stadium... They should have put their money elsewhere.
I was looking at photos on line and their Stadium makes Yulman look like the Jerry Dome, but their Football Operations building makes Dannen's locker room/meeting room renovation look like lipstick on a pig.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Anyone find the game scheduled on any channel? I cannot locate a listing on ESPN3 (or any other ESPN sub-channel) although they do show powerhouses SELa and Lamar.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote:Anyone find the game scheduled on any channel? I cannot locate a listing on ESPN3 (or any other ESPN sub-channel) although they do show powerhouses SELa and Lamar.
Glad you brought this up, I cannot find it on ESPN3 either!

Now I'm pissed! It's not on ESPN3 (or not listed) and we don't get NESN in this part of CT!
Last edited by DfromCT on Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:
GreenLantern wrote:Anyone find the game scheduled on any channel? I cannot locate a listing on ESPN3 (or any other ESPN sub-channel) although they do show powerhouses SELa and Lamar.
It's not on ESPN3. UMASS doesn't have an ESPN affiliation. It's only on Direct TV NESN 1171 New England Area. Cox 37, Charter 815 and WHNO Ch 20 Cox and Charter Ch 14 and over the air free locally.

http://sportsnola.com/whno-televise-9-c ... ames-fall/
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
It's not on ESPN3. UMASS doesn't have an ESPN affiliation. It's only on Direct TV 1171 New England Area. Cox 37, Charter 815 and WHNO Ch 20 Cox and Charter Ch 14 and over the air free locally.

It's 628.1 here in CT, and most places with Direct TV don't get it!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
It's not on ESPN3. UMASS doesn't have an ESPN affiliation. It's only on Direct TV 1171 New England Area. Cox 37, Charter 815 and WHNO Ch 20 Cox and Charter Ch 14 and over the air free locally.

Right. It's not on Direct TV here.
Tulane Class of 1981
OUG
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:
DfromCT wrote:

Our other American Sports Network game this year, vs. Navy, was streamed on ESPN3. I believe all the games are but I could be wrong. Tulane has certainly said it would be on ESPN3.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

OUG wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
DfromCT wrote:

Our other American Sports Network game this year, vs. Navy, was streamed on ESPN3. I believe all the games are but I could be wrong. Tulane has certainly said it would be on ESPN3.
I called UMASS directly and they told me it would not be on ESPN3 because they are not affiliated with ESPN.
Tulane Class of 1981
Forever TU
Surge

tpstulane wrote:
OUG wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
DfromCT wrote:

I called UMASS directly and they told me it would not be on ESPN3 because they are not affiliated with ESPN.
UMass Football twitter says they are troubleshooting the ESPN3 connection, indicating they expect it to be on ESPN3.....I'm confused.
RobertM320
Green Wave

This graphic put up by UMass football shows it on ESPN3 as well.

https://twitter.com/UMassFootball/statu ... 0423711744
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
GreenLantern
Riptide

Forever TU wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
OUG wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
DfromCT wrote:

Never trust or assume Tulane is for correct for all information. I know this from past experiences. I called UMASS directly and they told me it would not be on ESPN3 because they are not affiliated with ESPN.
UMass Football twitter says they are troubleshooting the ESPN3 connection, indicating they expect it to be on ESPN3.....I'm confused.
Well, damn! Hope Graf isn't on paternity leave as it appears I'll be listening to him while watching the Ryder Cup afternoon matches.

Also, the schedule for WHNO (local) does not indicate they will be showing the game. Perhaps their schedule has not been updated.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Had I known, I would have gone to the game. None of my friends, including alumni in the metro NYC area, wanted to go. Rather than listen to Graf (and watch Ryder Cup) I'd go by myself. Now it's too late. DAMN!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

It's on here Charter cable.
Tulane Class of 1981
shorebreak
Ripple

DfromCT wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
DfromCT wrote:

I'm in Colorado and I get 628-1, obviously not anywhere near New England. Could it be your bundle?
Ruski
Swell

ESPN's website says it will be on ESPN3, although I can't find it on ESPN3