Major Announcement

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

TD tweeted that he will announce a major athletic donation next week.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
OUG
Riptide

Let's hope this is attached to a serious capital project.
Robert1969
Riptide

Excited to find out what it is.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

we are buying Audubon Blvd !!!!! NIMBY's be dammmed !!!!...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Robert1969
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote:we are buying Audubon Blvd !!!!! NIMBY's be dammmed !!!!...
Lol. That would be awesome.
Robert1969
Riptide

It would be nice if the gift includes some buy out of the agreement with the NIMBYs.
Robert1969
Riptide

I guess this is related to that meeting with Doug Hertz earlier this year.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:TD tweeted that he will announce a major athletic donation next week.
Just making sure the check cashes. :mrgreen:
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Robert1969 wrote:It would be nice if the gift includes some buy out of the agreement with the NIMBYs.

Robert....buying out the NIMBY's at a reasonable price is not that hard...TD will not however, place Horse's Heads in their beds while they are sleeping
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote:
Robert1969 wrote:It would be nice if the gift includes some buy out of the agreement with the NIMBYs.

Robert....buying out the NIMBY's at a reasonable price is not that hard...TD will not however, place Horse's Heads in their beds while they are sleeping
No, he'll have his cousin do the dirty work!

A buy out of the agreement with the NIMBY's would be huge. Or just buying enough properties on The Boulevard to vote down the agreement would be even sweeter. Imagine the drawing card for coaches if/when Fritz is no longer here: An expanded to 40k Yulman and a beautiful home on Audubon Blvd.

Or, we could be the neighbors from hell and raise the houses and build the IPF there! :lol:
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
msdos
Swell

DfromCT wrote:An expanded to 40k Yulman
That way Southern can outnumber us 5:1 rather than 3:1
Robert1969
Riptide

msdos wrote:
How about win, win, win, and then Tulane has so many fans, that Southern can only get 3,000 of 40,000 seats?
ajcalhoun
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Robert....buying out the NIMBY's at a reasonable price is not that hard
Golf it's not hard as long as you think paying $300/sq ft is easy. Uptown real estate is insane these days.
God Bless Everyone!
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Of course Dannen is getting things done.

Depending on what qualifies as "major", this could be helpful with the Big12. If we were to announce an IPF or some other football related facility, it could be related to expansion.
Robert1969
Riptide

Seriously, what do you guys think it is? We are obviously not going to buy Audubon Blvd.

I think it is going to have something to do with the Athlete's Village. My hope is IPF.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Robert1969 wrote:Seriously, what do you guys think it is? We are obviously not going to buy Audubon Blvd.

I think it is going to have something to do with the Athlete's Village. My hope is IPF.
Are we really still talking about the "athletes village"? The athletes village is a Dickson delusion and Dannen knows many things are NEEDED before we can talk about some project for non-revenue sports. Safe to say we won't hear about any "athletes village" any time soon.
Robert1969
Riptide

jonathanjoseph wrote:
Robert1969 wrote:Seriously, what do you guys think it is? We are obviously not going to buy Audubon Blvd.

Are we really still talking about the "athletes village"? The athletes village is a Dickson delusion and Dannen knows many things are NEEDED before we can talk about some project for non-revenue sports. Safe to say we won't hear about any "athletes village" any time soon.
Where would we put an IPF but there?
lurker123
Swell

msdos wrote:
Just curious were you at the game or is there a missing word in your point like "band?"

Yes the Southern Band outnumbered the Tulane band by 4:1 but that was it. If you were there you know what the composition of the fans was and there were more Tulane fans...

Sorry but I'm just sticking with believing my lying eyes because I was there....
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Robert1969 wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:

Where would we put an IPF but there?
The athletes village, as it was named by Rick Dickson, was his view of the final piece of the puzzle because the revenue sports had been addressed. Or so he thought. The athletes village was primarily for non-revenue sports. That whole project is not feasible until the revenue sports are fixed, and the revenue sports have enormous facilities shortcomings. Because we have access to the Saints IPF, it is less of a need and it's farther down the list of new priorities.

Point being, the "athletes village" should be a memory just like Rick Dickson. Meanwhile, someone just gave him an award. :wallbash:
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

ajcalhoun wrote:
golfnut69 wrote: Robert....buying out the NIMBY's at a reasonable price is not that hard
Golf it's not hard as long as you think paying $300/sq ft is easy. Uptown real estate is insane these days.
300.00 per sq ft...to live in NOLA....there really are some insane individuals in the world...damn I thought metro Austin was nuts at 125.00 to 150.00....
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:
300.00 per sq ft...to live in NOLA....there really are some insane individuals in the world...damn I thought metro Austin was nuts at 125.00 to 150.00....
Just bought my house in LGD 4 months ago at around $275 per square feet... There's a lack of inventory and everything goes at a premium.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Hopefully it's for the football ops. building.

As far as buying up Audubon I take it those people are joking. You'd have to buy both sides from one end to the other. Over $100 million easy. Plus the myth that it was 5 neighbors is just that. It was people throughout the neighborhood. Both sides of Claiborne. Just trying to give a realisic picture of the situation.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

lurker123 wrote:
msdos wrote:
Just curious were you at the game or is there a missing word in your point like "band?"

Yes the Southern Band outnumbered the Tulane band by 4:1 but that was it. If you were there you know what the composition of the fans was and there were more Tulane fans...

Sorry but I'm just sticking with believing my lying eyes because I was there....
It was a very even split of fans.
JerseyWave
Riptide

A football operations building has to be the first priority. I saw the pictures of the renovated locker room and and squad meeting room and they still no where near what the P5 schools have in their Football buildings. Unless a donor specifies what they want their money used for then Football has to be addressed first, then basketball and so on.
Wavetime
Swell

winwave wrote:Hopefully it's for the football ops. building.

As far as buying up Audubon I take it those people are joking. You'd have to buy both sides from one end to the other. Over $100 million easy. Plus the myth that it was 5 neighbors is just that. It was people throughout the neighborhood. Both sides of Claiborne. Just trying to give a realisic picture of the situation.

Pardon my ignorance, and I don't want to hijack the thread, however, has anyone ever seen or read the NIMBY agreement. I know the whole story etc of what happened. But what is the agreement (I know building height, etc), how long is the agreement for, will we ever be able to have non-Tulane events there like High School games?