Navy Score Prediction Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Tulane 17
Navy 21

I can see the outcome going either way honestly. Wake Forest, we saw where we needed to improve. Southern, that was a confidence booster and let us get playing time/experience for many players. Now can we put it all together?

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Aberzombie1892
Swell

I still don't know if Kennedy/Wilson will be back.

Assuming that neither will play:
Navy 30
Tulane 24

Assuming that both will play:
Navy 20
Tulane 17
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tough game to predict.
Navy 27
Tulane 24
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Mandeville Wave
High Tide

tpstulane wrote:Tough game to predict.
Navy 27
Tulane 24
This is so tough to call. Assuming Wilson/Kennedy do not play I will say

Navy 24
Tulane 21.

With Wilson/Kennedy

Tulane 21
Navy 17
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

I'm calling it for the good guys. At the beginning of the season I didn't think this would be a winnable game, but looking at Navy's last 2 performances, this is a winnable game, especially at home.

TU: 27 Navy: 17

I hope it's the start of a new era and Brantley becomes the admiral of our ship. Roll Wave! Happy Tuesday!
RobertM320
Green Wave

Aberzombie1892 wrote:I still don't know if Kennedy/Wilson will be back.

Navy 30
Tulane 24

Navy 20
Tulane 17
Adding two defensive linemen costs our offense 7 points?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

Navy still does a pretty good job against the run. I think UConn averaged less than 3 yards per attempt. If that happens again, I don't think we can pass well enough yet to win this. If we get the running game going, we can win.

Navy 27
Tulane 20
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
JDTulane
Riptide

Head: Navy 21 Tulane 17
Heart: Tulane 43 Navy 21
Gut: Tulane 38 Navy 35
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

JDTulane wrote:Head: Navy 21 Tulane 17
Heart: Tulane 43 Navy 21
Gut: Tulane 38 Navy 35
JD...you must be in pre-med... U have a career in Medicine !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Aberzombie1892
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:I still don't know if Kennedy/Wilson will be back.

Navy 30
Tulane 24

Navy 20
Tulane 17
Adding two defensive linemen costs our offense 7 points?
Not directly. The Navy triple option and the Tulane option are designed to be effective by both gaining yards/scoring points and running time off of the clock to give your opponent less time to score. If Tulane cannot stop Navy's run attack effectively - a team that will probably attempt less than 12 passes against Tulane - Navy will have more time to use it's offense and run time off of the clock and that will result in less time for Tulane's offense to be on the field. This isn't always obvious in a game, but it becomes clear when people track the Time of Possession stats once a game is over. To contrast this, it would be different if Tulane was playing a 70%+ pass spread team, since those types of teams don't run the clock down as much during their possessions as a 70%+ run team will. The additional Tulane points would come from a 2 minute offense to try to catch up/win.
Last edited by Aberzombie1892 on Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

According to Scott Kushner, Brantley is getting the starting nod this week while GC coming in on certain packages. The Brantley era has begun. Roll Wave!
RobertM320
Green Wave

Guerry Smith ‏@Guersmith 7m7 minutes ago
Freshman Johnathan Brantley will start for #Tulane at QB v. Navy after stellar game against Southern. Glen Cuiellette the backup.
Wavetrader
Low Tide

Tulane 17
Navy 13

My early season prediction has this one as a loss but with Brantley starting, we pick up a surprise win. We also beat ULaLa, Umass, UCF, SMU and UConn. I had Wake in the loss column along with Memphis, Tulsa and Temple. UH is a problem.
"There is winning and there is misery". BP
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Mandeville Wave wrote:
Navy 27
Tulane 24

Navy 24
Tulane 21.

With Wilson/Kennedy

Tulane 21
Navy 17
Fritz says he's not ready to rule out Badie or Wilson playing this week. Don't know about Kennedy.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
anEngineer
Riptide

Even though Navy is a much better team, anyone who saw Brantley run last week realizes how strong a running he is. I was surprised by how big he was in the huddle. The consensus has been that he struggles throwing but the TD pass that Dace dropped was impressive. Brantley stood tall in the pocket with his feet planted and waited for Dace to clear. Then he delivered a perfect pass. Maybe these coaches have already made him better.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:
Mandeville Wave wrote:
Navy 27
Tulane 24

Navy 24
Tulane 21.

With Wilson/Kennedy

Tulane 21
Navy 17
Fritz says he's not ready to rule out Badie or Wilson playing this week. Don't know about Kennedy.
Full quote ends w/ him saying he doesn't rule ANYBODY out during the week. Hope they both play but I would be surprised .
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
greenphantom
Swell

Wave takes it 27-20. Feeling pretty good about this one after seeing Brantley last week
GreenLantern
Riptide

Greenies prevail in a very low-scoring game: 17-13
Houma de Wave
Swell

Navy 20, Tulane 14.
wave97
Swell

I think we hang some points on them with Brantley attacking the edges and the speed of our RB's. Our o-line shouldn't be outplayed by the Middies d-line. If Sean Wilson and Robert Kennedy are not playing that really hurts our ability to keep our LB's & DB's clean from Navy's o-lineman. A good chance of a high scoring game from both sides.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I think this game could go either way. I also think Navy held on for dear life against UConn, and the game goes the exact opposite this week. Brantley's speed surprises Navy and we jump to an early lead. But Navy wears us down and in the end it's:

Navy 27 Tulane 24

Hope I'm wrong, and that this is the beginning of a new era and Coach Fritz gets his first AAC victory.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
OUG
Riptide

Whomever wins the turnover battle will win this game.

I think Tulane takes it 31-23. But yeah, I could see it going the other way too. If on the road, I would probably take Navy.
Wave QB
Swell

Tulane 17
Navy 20
Bigschtick
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote:Guerry Smith ‏@Guersmith 7m7 minutes ago
Freshman Johnathan Brantley will start for #Tulane at QB v. Navy after stellar game against Southern. Glen Cuiellette the backup.

Also reported on Nola.com
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Wave755
Tsunami

Wave 31
Navy 17

I think our offense is for real and we have found our quarterback who will only get better game after game. And, the Wave defense will play tough to the very end.