Up Next: Navy

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
JDTulane
Riptide

I have Navy penciled in as a loss. A win here and I think we bowl at 6-6 (or look back at Wake in tears).

Show Me
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote:
winwave wrote:"This is not the Navy team we saw a year ago. Their option was totally shut down in the second half (UConn held them to 110 yards in the second half) and they lack the upperclass leadership they showed the last two years. I think this game is winnable, "

Sounds familiar. Was that said here all offseason?
No, what was said here all offseason was that Navy lost a great QB, and would be a much worse team as a result. You never accounted for the fact that their coach is as good as ours. Navy is a double digit favorite for a reason. The game is winnable, but we're still double digit underdogs, as we will be in most of our games.

I still don't believe that Fritz has magic pixie dust that you, the cheerleader of the board, thinks he does. And oh by the way, how did that "Big Day for AAC" turn out. Tulsa and UCF lost by over 80 points combined. Guess it was a big day for the B1G, NOT the AAC.
They also lost their starting QB for this season.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc ... /89889588/
RobertM320
Green Wave

That was two weeks ago in the Fordham game.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:That was two weeks ago in the Fordham game.
That was when their backup went into the game, the 3rd string guy was suspended and the 4th string guy was pulled out of the stands. The 4th stringer actually got into the game and played well, according to the article linked above! So I guess the point is that they not only lost their record setting 4 year starter to graduation, but they also lost the kid who watched him for three years and put up great stats (against Fordham) in the quarter he played before blowing out his ACL. They also lost most, if not all of their offensive line to graduation.

But they're well coached, so they continue to compete. That was my argument all spring/summer: Just because they lost players doesn't mean it's a game to pencil in as a W. Willie Fritz isn't the only good coach in this conference. Navy has run the same system since 2002, which means they're not learning on the fly.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Nobody is penciling it in as a win. Just saying it is winnable this season.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote:Nobody is penciling it in as a win. Just saying it is winnable this season.
I agree, "penciling it is as a win" is what you do with Southern or Maine. But this is definitely a winnable game.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

Spread's already down to +5 at the Wynn, and +5.5 at Caesars.

http://www.oddsshark.com/ncaaf/navy-tul ... 016-729709
sader24
Tsunami

I agree with TPS. This is a game I think we could steal and a game we need to get to a bowl game. Most important thing though is that we keep getting better.
greenphantom
Swell

They've lost a lot of talent but I caught a good bit of the UCONN game and they look pretty good. Certainly a bowl team. Should be an exciting game.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Brantley gets his first start. It's been posted in other threads but it certainly belongs here. Congrats and good luck.
Last edited by winwave on Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It would help clean the board up if the betting line thread was merged w/the game thread. No need for three threads.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Told you he'd start before the season was over. Didn't expect it to be game 3.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Same here. Called it the first time I saw him.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

Didn't realize the weekly press conference was on All-Access. Pay to watch a press conference? Not.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Going to be a color rush weekend for the Wave per twitter. All green including the helmet. Cresting Wave on the helmet:

https://twitter.com/greenwavefb
Last edited by winwave on Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

just so everyone knows I posted under the AAC ....SMU QB is done for the year
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve
Riptide

winwave wrote:Going to be a color rush weekend for the Wave per twitter. All green including the helmet. Cresting Wave on the helmet:

https://twitter.com/greenwavefb
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
RobertM320
Green Wave

Just bugs the crap out of me that the media doesn't give a damn about accuracy anymore. None of them. Les East has Brantley going 63 yards "for a touchdown" on his first carry. SMDH......

http://sportsnola.com/tulane-freshman-q ... navy-game/
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

The game will be on CST channel 1037 in NOLA on Cox Cable.
Ruski
Swell

This will be a battle of running games as both teams try to win the battle of the trenches. Navy has all the momentum heading into this one, with the triple-option attack taking just a little hit with the injury to Smith. Look for a quick game with the Midshipmen pulling away in the end. Anchors Away!

Navy vs. Tulane Score Prediction: Navy 27, Tulane 20
http://campusinsiders.com/news/navy-vs- ... 09-13-2016
Mandeville Wave
High Tide

Badie officially out for Navy. Still don't know about Wilson/Kennedy.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Sorry to hear it but like I said it looked bad. Probably out longer than one game unfortunately.