Gameday experience

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
GreenLantern
Riptide

1989alum wrote: I stretch to give $25k per year to Tulane athletics and want to double it next year because I see progress being made finally.
My hat is off to you, sir. I have much gratitude to those who can afford generous gifts of this size to our alma mater. An annual donation of that amount is beyond my reach, but I do donate more each year because I see progress being made. Anyone that cannot recognize the magnitude of recent improvement is not paying attention.

Concerning the real issue of gameday concession shortcomings at Yulman, I like lurker's suggestion:
lurker123 wrote:..fill up at the pre-game tailgate and then just get beer/beverages and/or dessert from game vendors
Here's a simple solution: Donate a minimum of $500 annually to TAF (or Green Wave Club as I think they are called this year). Once you have become a TAF member you can bring a guest, show up a couple hours before kickoff, and go to the TAF tailgating tent and eat yourself silly. The burgers are good, the sides are very good and there are no shortages of available condiments. They even have gourmet cookies if you are so inclined. In addition to enjoying the tailgating atmosphere, you get a decent pre-game meal in the company of other Tulanians and have the satisfaction of knowing that you are making a modest contribution toward helping student athletes. When you get to the stadium, you can experience the game. I'm confident that if the laws of capitalism prevail and apply toward stadium vendors, some enterprising soul will unlock the mystery of how to attract game patrons by offering a superior product and service.

GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

GreenLantern wrote:
1989alum wrote: I stretch to give $25k per year to Tulane athletics and want to double it next year because I see progress being made finally.
My hat is off to you, sir. I have much gratitude to those who can afford generous gifts of this size to our alma mater. An annual donation of that amount is beyond my reach, but I do donate more each year because I see progress being made. Anyone that cannot recognize the magnitude of recent improvement is not paying attention.

Concerning the real issue of gameday concession shortcomings at Yulman, I like lurker's suggestion:
lurker123 wrote:..fill up at the pre-game tailgate and then just get beer/beverages and/or dessert from game vendors
Here's a simple solution: Donate a minimum of $500 annually to TAF (or Green Wave Club as I think they are called this year). Once you have become a TAF member you can bring a guest, show up a couple hours before kickoff, and go to the TAF tailgating tent and eat yourself silly. The burgers are good, the sides are very good and there are no shortages of available condiments. They even have gourmet cookies if you are so inclined. In addition to enjoying the tailgating atmosphere, you get a decent pre-game meal in the company of other Tulanians and have the satisfaction of knowing that you are making a modest contribution toward helping student athletes. When you get to the stadium, you can experience the game. I'm confident that if the laws of capitalism prevail and apply toward stadium vendors, some enterprising soul will unlock the mystery of how to attract game patrons by offering a superior product and service.
Funny how you have to donate $500 before you can get into an area for nicer concessions. One would think they would have nicer concession selections all over the stadium, not just in one area, especially when they are trying to lure fans.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
GreenLantern wrote:

Funny how you have to donate $500 before you can get into an area for nicer concessions. One would think they would have nicer concession selections all over the stadium, not just in one area, especially when they are trying to lure fans.
He's talking about the TAF (also known as the Green Wave Clut) tailgate. Eat a full meal there, and only worry about beverages in the stadium. Sounds like a win win for all. While I agree with your point, and think that there should be booths/stands of local food establishments all over the stadium, I'm pointing out that you're discounting a great option that keeps fans in the stands watching the game they paid to see, rather than spending time in the bowels of the stadium.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
GreenLantern
Riptide

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:Funny how you have to donate $500 before you can get into an area for nicer concessions. One would think they would have nicer concession selections all over the stadium, not just in one area, especially when they are trying to lure fans.
GPS, there is no charge for the food in the TAF tent for contributing members. I believe that $500 is the minimum donation for entry but I might be wrong. There may be a charge for alcohol...I'm not sure about this. I'm not a drinking man. I learned long ago that drinking alcohol made me think impure thoughts as well as making me think I could fight much larger people. Several broken facial bones and getting married 40 years ago cured me of both proclivities.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote:
GreenPuddleSplash wrote:Funny how you have to donate $500 before you can get into an area for nicer concessions. One would think they would have nicer concession selections all over the stadium, not just in one area, especially when they are trying to lure fans.
GPS, there is no charge for the food in the TAF tent for contributing members. I believe that $500 is the minimum donation for entry but I might be wrong. There may be a charge for alcohol...I'm not sure about this. I'm not a drinking man. I learned long ago that drinking alcohol made me think impure thoughts as well as making me think I could fight much larger people. Several broken facial bones and getting married 40 years ago cured me of both proclivities.
I think it's $1,500 and up. Coaches Corner level.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

GreenLantern wrote:
Ah that makes sense, and $1500 for coach's club? Yeah out of my budget. I guess I'd rather spend my $500 for another pair of season tickets (like I've done since inception of Yulman) instead of joining in on the TAF experience. This was the first time I actually learned about this, so it's great marketing by my ticket reps for letting me know this. Among the other problems I've had this year with the ticket reps, my seat-backs, the online ticketing system, and learning about this TAF tent, (not to mention their promised Angry Wave Lapel Pin that has yet to arrive, but the thank you post card from TAF has made it twice...) this has left a sour taste in my mouth... Going to redirect my money to TLS from here on out.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
GreenLantern wrote:
Ah that makes sense, and $1500 for coach's club? Yeah out of my budget. I guess I'd rather spend my $500 for another pair of season tickets (like I've done since inception of Yulman) instead of joining in on the TAF experience. This was the first time I actually learned about this, so it's great marketing by my ticket reps for letting me know this. Among the other problems I've had this year with the ticket reps, my seat-backs, the online ticketing system, and learning about this TAF tent, (not to mention their promised Angry Wave Lapel Pin that has yet to arrive, but the thank you post card from TAF has made it twice...) this has left a sour taste in my mouth... Going to redirect my money to TLS from here on out.
Tulane Athletics Fund Levels:
Crest, Riptide, Breaker, Navigator, Coach’s Corner, and President's Circle levels.

I'm not sure if these levels still exist under the newly named Green Wave Club.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Everyone here that is noting the shortcomings is a season ticket holder and GWC donor. We have the right to complain. The solution is on Tulane. Not everyone has the time to get there two hours early.

GET IT FIXED TROY.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
GreenLantern wrote:
The club seats feature ketchup AND mustard for condiments, just another consideration.
msdos
Swell

winwave wrote:Everyone here that is noting the shortcomings is a season ticket holder and GWC donor. We have the right to complain. The solution is on Tulane. Not everyone has the time to get there two hours early.

GET IT FIXED TROY.
Nor does everyone have the means to donate $1000+ just for basic service that can be had at a high school game.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Here's a picture worth a thousand words.
Tried to exit by the stairs with 3 guests and were told no.
Nothing else to say. It's really becoming a pain in the a$$ to be a fan. I'll never invite another person to Yulman Stadium. I'm totally embarrassed.
Fix this Troy !!
It's a bush league.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:Here's a picture worth a thousand words.
Tried to exit by the stairs with 3 guests and were told no.
Nothing else to say. It's really becoming a pain in the a$$ to be a fan. I'll never invite another person to Yulman Stadium. I'm totally embarrassed.
Fix this Troy !!
It's a bush league.
I am only judging by the pic...but the "security official" looks like he does not see much sun light on a daily basis... he looks as tho he has overdosed on "Jenny Craig or Weight Watchers"....scares the hell out of me and I am sure he looking forward to 10-31 and his yearly blood sucking transfusion
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Mandeville Wave
High Tide

I brought 6 additional people to the game. I waited in line for a combined 30 min to get drink, food, etc. just to be told they were out of half of what we wanted. absolutely inexcusable. Other people in line around me were disgusted. I missed most of the first half waiting in line.

What a complete joke!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Throw in the record breaking heat and it was a pretty miserable experience.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
galvezwave
Swell

I don't generally get bothered by this stuff. I went to a game and had no problem. The ability of a team to stop a 3rd and 25 would go a long way in comforting some of the stadium inconveniences. I think when you're upset about the vending experience it gets magnified by football that's worse than the service.
Greenanyway
Ripple

I've been able to attend only 3 games this year. Every game concessions are terrible. They either don't have any of something or you are asked to wait lengths of time for something to be ready. Yesterday used free popcorn coupon from season ticket book, and it took approval from a person who looked like they had never seen one before and didn't know how to ring it up. And of course there's always the extremely loud repetitive announcements being blasted around campus to drive you crazy as well. Certainly not an environment conducive to growing or keeping a fan base. These are not minor issues, but blatantly obvious to anyone. How can TD not see them and correct them?!!!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: I am only judging by the pic...but the "security official" looks like he does not see much sun light on a daily basis... he looks as tho he has overdosed on "Jenny Craig or Weight Watchers"....scares the hell out of me and I am sure he looking forward to 10-31 and his yearly blood sucking transfusion
Be nice. He's only doing what he's told to do.
Barbara Burke use to take care of stadium issues almost immediately. I don't know who took her place in this regard. Stupid stuff happening week after week at Yulman. The fan experience has plummeted this season.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Actually the problem would be worse if we were wining. You wouldn't want to miss the action and the crowds would be bigger so the problems would be worse.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Greenie Gal president Fergie was stopped at the entrance of Yulman and her Tulane purse she's carried in for years was deemed a potential threat. Trump needs to look at hiring Yulman security to protect our borders.
Tulane Class of 1981
netshorty
Surge

Hopefully they cooked 11 hot dogs to make sure everyone in attendance had at least one.
sader24
Tsunami

I managed to get one person to come earlier this year, they told me it was the worst stadium experience they had ever had as far as employees go. Laughed when I asked them if they would ever come back. I feel like Tulane is stealing my season ticket $$ from me in more ways than one.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane missed on this for sure.
Where's JJ?
Introducing the future of the football stadium http://www.cnbc.com/id/104086608
http://www.cnbc.com/id/104086608
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

tpstulane wrote:Tulane missed on this for sure.
Where's JJ?
Introducing the future of the football stadium http://www.cnbc.com/id/104086608
http://www.cnbc.com/id/104086608
Hey, at least during the Temple game I could live broadcast my disdain with how bad GC was and our whole game plan that day, whereas when I was in Houston, I got 1 bar on my cell service (maybe it's AT&T Houston?) and couldn't do squat. Us millennials DEMAND WIFI CONNECTIVITY so we have something to do instead of paying attention to how awful the game is going. Happy Thursday and early happy holidays to all our faithfuls on this board! ROLL DAMN WAVE :mrgreen: