Tulane v. Southern Score Prediction

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Since we are on the second game week and taking on Southern on Saturday, let's get the score prediction thread going.

My guess: Tulane 41 Southern 17

I'm predicting a big day on the ground to get TU started in terms of scoring. Then we are going to be backed up by a stifling defense that allows us to get some more game time for Bradwell and possibly see the emergence of Brantley. Roll Wave!

JerseyWave
Riptide

Southern 10 Tulane 28

Fritz doesn't like kicking field goals.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

This is a tough one to predict, but I'll say 31 Tulane 10 Southern. Personally, I feel like Tulane needs to win by at least 21 points, and, if Tulane is better than the 2014 team that beat a ranked SLU team 35 to 20, it should be able to do just that.
wave97
Swell

Why? Just win!
ajcalhoun
Swell

41-7 Wave
God Bless Everyone!
Bigschtick
Riptide

A win.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Tulane 24
Southern 10
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
OUG
Riptide

Tulane 41
Southern 7

(21-0 at half time)

We run the ball heavily and successfully. Glen focuses on making his pitch reads. We mix in a little (not a lot) of play action over the middle. We get results when we get inside the 30 yard line. The defense either scores or sets up a TD. The team has fun. Confidence restored going into Navy.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Before I opened the thread I thought about 41 points for Tulane, but that seems to be a popular number. So I'll go with:

Tulane 38
Southern 10

Both teams get a defensive or special teams touchdown. Tulane D only gives up a FG. Cuillette learns to make the pitch this week, and our RB's, particularly Hilliard and Badie, run wild.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane 20
Southern 6
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Houma de Wave
Swell

Tulane 35, Southern 13.
Wave QB
Swell

Southern 14
Tulane 16
Eaglewave
Swell

Wave QB wrote:Southern 14
Tulane 16
What is wrong with you Wave QB? We are going to run all over these guys! SU is not even the best team in the SWAC! In fact, I would be more worried about Grambling (who has like 38 transfers from FBS and JUCO) than Southern. Did you see how ULM put up all of those yards on them? We are going to look like we have found stride vs the Jags.

Tulane 42 Southern 7
Ball Sumrall!
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Eaglewave wrote:
Wave QB wrote:Southern 14
Tulane 16
What is wrong with you Wave QB? We are going to run all over these guys! SU is not even the best team in the SWAC! In fact, I would be more worried about Grambling (who has like 38 transfers from FBS and JUCO) than Southern. Did you see how ULM put up all of those yards on them? We are going to look like we have found stride vs the Jags.

Tulane 42 Southern 7
Ha Eagle, that made me smile this morning. ULM's offense didn't struggle one bit, and hopefully that means a TERRIFIC day for us. In no particular order, I hope we see improvement on the following:

1. Better GC reads/pitches
2. O-line improvement, especially on left side; maybe even moving the pocket or having QB roll out to non-wilted O-line side
3. working the edges, especially getting our burner backs on the edges like Badie. Good things happen when we get to the edge
4. More explosive/chunk plays to our WRs; get them the ball in space and let them work, Breaux has trackstar speed!
5. feed our running backs with more carries
6. See the red zone. find the red zone. enter the red zone. leave the red zone with points that aren't divisible by 3!
7. Win.

Happy Hump Day, Roll Wave! Beat Southern!

Roll Wave! :mrgreen:
JDTulane
Riptide

38-0 good guys
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wave 24
Jags 7
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

enuff of this trivial score stuff....let's get down to a serious issue....who will win the Band Contest ?!?!?!?
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:enuff of this trivial score stuff....let's get down to a serious issue....who will win the Band Contest ?!?!?!?
Hopefully this is the only Southern win this weekend! Southern's band is probably twice if not triple the size of TU's band and they have the ace in the hole: human jukebox.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:enuff of this trivial score stuff....let's get down to a serious issue....who will win the Band Contest ?!?!?!?
Hopefully this is the only Southern win this weekend! Southern's band is probably twice if not triple the size of TU's band and they have the ace in the hole: human jukebox.
here is my quarter....I select...A-13
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

GreenPuddleSplash wrote: 1. Better GC reads/pitches
2. O-line improvement, especially on left side; maybe even moving the pocket or having QB roll out to non-wilted O-line side
3. working the edges, especially getting our burner backs on the edges like Badie. Good things happen when we get to the edge
4. More explosive/chunk plays to our WRs; get them the ball in space and let them work, Breaux has trackstar speed!
6. See the red zone. find the red zone. enter the red zone. leave the red zone with points that aren't divisible by 3!
7. Win.

Breaux is a jumper; long jump and high jump. I only post this because I've seen references to his "track star speed" in a few threads now. He may be fast, but he's not a "track star". On the flip side, I believe he completed a higher percentage of his passes his Senior year of HS than any of our QB's! (67%)
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

DfromCT wrote:
GreenPuddleSplash wrote: 1. Better GC reads/pitches
7. Win.

Breaux is a jumper; long jump and high jump. I only post this because I've seen references to his "track star speed" in a few threads now. He may be fast, but he's not a "track star". On the flip side, I believe he completed a higher percentage of his passes his Senior year of HS than any of our QB's! (67%)
D, Mr. Breaux also ran on the 4 x 100 relay team his frosh year. His main events are jumping events, but he still has that speed.
Show Me
Tsunami

Wave finally gets into the end zone this week.
Tulane 17
Southern 14
RobertM320
Green Wave

Tulane 23, Southern 6.

I still think its going to take a few games for our offense to get going.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
GreenLantern
Riptide

Tulane 17 - Southern 7

Expect a more solid performance by Cuiellette. If we have a 10 point lead at halftime, watch for an appearance by both of the killer B's (Brantley and Bradwell).

#RollWave