Wave loses opener 7-3

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
msdos
Swell

Offense is boring, all this passing talk was obviously just to use the media to throw off Wake.
Defense looking solid.

OUG
Riptide

I don't want to hear about our attendance woes again from P5 fans.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Wavetime wrote:
GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
puffy wrote:
greenphantom wrote:Don't like that at all to put Bradwell in at that point. Waste of good field position.
Bradwell really looked hesitant to let the ball fly, either via the pass or pitch.

Cuiellette looks like an effective enough runner. It's been tougher than expected trying to rush the ball with our rbs.
GC looks hesitant to pitch it to the outside too.

He had Badie on that pitch on the last drive. Probably would have gotten the first....

Sure is nice to talk about these kinds of things. It seems all to familiar that we were talking about penalties, pick 6's, blah, blah, blah,,,,,you know the drill...

Yep, we had some missed opportunities...we will correct that. Love the coaching as well.
I do love seeing Fritz being hands on during time outs and teaching technique. We are in a new era :mrgreen:
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Agree about the timing of putting Bradwell in being questionable. GC running bette than expected but we have to try passing some more. Kicking game looking good so far. We're in it. Now lets win it.

BTW, very classy of the other team honor our coach by wearing his initials and putting them at midfield.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
OUG
Riptide

I doubt our offense is this vanilla all year. We are playing low-risk right now, as we probably should be in this spot.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Halftime,

UT-Martin 7, Cincinnati 6. UT-M had the ball first and goal at the 8, ended up missing a FG that would have put them up 10-0. Cincy drove 80 yards in the last 3 minutes for a TD, but missed the PAT

Maine 7, UConn 7. UConn TOP 19:40 to 10:20. Maine misses a 37yd FG.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

OUG wrote:I doubt our offense is this vanilla all year. We are playing low-risk right now, as we probably should be in this spot.

Agreed. They'll get more comfortable with handling the ball as we go.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

JerseyWave wrote:I've seen several instances on offense where Fritz is over coaching himself.
C'mon, man! Give the guy a break! I think he's trying to keep the team in the game by not turning it over, something our previous regime could have really clued in on.

I wish we had Graf on the play by play!

Roll Wave!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
JerseyWave
Riptide

15 passing yards in first half. Tanner Lee must be laughing somewhere in Lincoln, Nebraska.
Wavetime
Swell

winwave wrote:Agree about the timing of putting Bradwell in being questionable. GC running bette than expected but we have to try passing some more. Kicking game looking good so far. We're in it. Now lets win it.

BTW, very classy of the other team honor our coach by wearing his initials and putting them at midfield.

Thought about that as well. Really cool...HA!
JerseyWave
Riptide

DfromCT wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:I've seen several instances on offense where Fritz is over coaching himself.
C'mon, man! Give the guy a break! I think he's trying to keep the team in the game by not turning it over, something our previous regime could have really clued in on.

I wish we had Graf on the play by play!

Roll Wave!
C'mon man. No reason to put Bradwell in that spot. Looked terrible. We should have at least gotten a field goal on that drive. Could be the difference in the ball game.
Eaglewave
Swell

JerseyWave wrote:15 passing yards in first half. Tanner Lee must be laughing somewhere in Lincoln, Nebraska.
I don't know why. If he was starting today, he would have killed us with picks right about now.
Ball Sumrall!
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Eaglewave wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:15 passing yards in first half. Tanner Lee must be laughing somewhere in Lincoln, Nebraska.
I don't know why. If he was starting today, he would have killed us with picks right about now.
:lolgreen:
Wave755
Tsunami

OK, and how I wish we would go outside more often. why we just don't run outside more I don't know?
Wavetime
Swell

We've had many plays where the swing man was open as the 2nd read or the pitch was there etc. When our QB gets experience this offense will really open up.
Wave755
Tsunami

We are getting stuffed up the middle but the outside is there. This is a big series.
Wavetime
Swell

Wake is supposed to have a pretty good line. Now, I'm not sure if they are good or we are struggling, but we are not winning that battle.
Wave755
Tsunami

Blitz is killing us, we look God awful every time they blitz.
JerseyWave
Riptide

So frustrating again blowing scoring opportunity. Can't find the endzone.
greenphantom
Swell

Ugh. Dumb play by Encalade staying up and losing 4 yards. Then Jacquet blocks no one on the left side on 3rd down.
OUG
Riptide

Putting Glen in a drop back look on 3rd and 8 from the 20 was a bad call by WF. Run the option outside. That way we at least get the FG and maybe pick up the first down.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I said 13-6. We just don't have a QB yet. We should be competitive most of the year. Well coached but just not enough offensive skill players yet. We going to have trouble scoring all year.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
greenphantom
Swell

tpstulane wrote:I said 13-6. We just don't have a QB yet. We should be competitive most of the year. Well coached but just not enough offensive skill players yet. We going to have trouble scoring all year.
I don't think Glen looks bad. Need to open up the offense a little
GreenGears
Low Tide

The offensive line continues to kill us.
Eaglewave
Swell

Damn. We can beat these guys. Our offense, (as usually), just can't get going.
Ball Sumrall!