Wave loses opener 7-3

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We've arrived:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q1OQ19c-iQ

Less than 24 hours till kick-off baby.so it's GAMEDAY!

ROLLWAVEROLL!
Last edited by winwave on Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

ArtVandelay
Ripple

Isn't the game supposed to be on ESPN3 tomorrow night? I don't see it listed in the link -

http://www.espn.com/watchespn/index/_/c ... /20160901/
RobertM320
Green Wave

ArtVandelay wrote:Isn't the game supposed to be on ESPN3 tomorrow night? I don't see it listed in the link -

Its on the ACC Digital Network. I've been told that's also broadcast through the WatchESPN App, but I don't know that to be a fact.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Line down to 16 1/2. The under has stayed at 43. If I was betting it I would take Tulane and the points. As for the over/under I would take the under. Both teams have question marks on offense and both are ok on defense. Looking forward to it.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Robert1969
Riptide

Perhaps this is an advantage. Clawson used Georgia Southern video to prep his team. Looks like he's one of many who believs Tulane is going to be running the triple option. He should have been looking at Sam Houston video instead.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Robert1969 wrote:
Perhaps this is an advantage. Clawson used Georgia Southern video to prep his team. Looks like he's one of many who believs Tulane is going to be running the triple option. He should have been looking at Sam Houston video instead.
I thought that as well, but after looking at GSU highlights they ran out of the pistol formation, just like we're going to do. The big difference I think is going to be that we will throw more from the formations than GSU did.
Last edited by RobertM320 on Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Mandeville Wave
High Tide

Rain expected Tonight for Wake game.....
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Mandeville Wave wrote:Rain expected Tonight for Wake game.....
Honestly, that could help Tulane out a lot.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:
Robert1969 wrote:
I thought that as well, but after looking at GSU highlights they ran out of the pistol formation, just like we're going to do. The big difference I think is going to be that we will throw more from the formations than GSU did.
Right. They are looking at the right film. If you read the article you'll see them talk about his use of multiple backs on plays. As for how much we pass at this stage I think it will be more 75-25 towards the run. If it's 50-50 tonight I think that means we got behind early and it won't bode well for us.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Game day is here! The men of Team 127 (1893 was TUs first team and I assume we fielded a team every year after) will kick off the season in hours! Let's go mean greenies! Roll wave!
JDTulane
Riptide

If a game day thread is started the day before gameday is it still a gameday thread? ;D

Roll Wave! It was game day in Paris!
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
Robert1969 wrote:
Right. They are looking at the right film. If you read the article you'll see them talk about his use of multiple backs on plays. As for how much we pass at this stage I think it will be more 75-25 towards the run. If it's 50-50 tonight I think that means we got behind early and it won't bode well for us.
Agreed. And if its raining as well, I expect even more running.
OUG
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote:
ArtVandelay wrote:Isn't the game supposed to be on ESPN3 tomorrow night? I don't see it listed in the link -

Its on the ACC Digital Network. I've been told that's also broadcast through the WatchESPN App, but I don't know that to be a fact.
It is on the ACC Extra, which is the digital platform for the new ACC network.

That is offered via the Watch ESPN app. It is techniquely not ESPN3, because it is a separate brand, like the Longhorn Network or SEC+. But it is on the same platform as ESPN3.

This is important: you have to update your Watch ESPN App if you are watching on a tablet or your phone. Because ACC Extra is new this year, it is only on the most recent version of the Watch ESPN App. The game won't show up if you don't have the latest version.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

OUG wrote:It is on the ACC Extra, which is the digital platform for the new ACC network.

That is offered via the Watch ESPN app. It is techniquely not ESPN3, because it is a separate brand, like the Longhorn Network or SEC+. But it is on the same platform as ESPN3.

This is important: you have to update your Watch ESPN App if you are watching on a tablet or your phone. Because ACC Extra is new this year, it is only on the most recent version of the Watch ESPN App. The game won't show up if you don't have the latest version.
Also, if you don't have cable/satellite, my understanding is that the Sling tv orange package will allow you to watch the game on a device (phone/computer/etc.) since you can log into WatchESPN with your Sling credentials.

http://help.sling.com/articles/en_US/FA ... SPN-app-26

EDIT: And if you have an Xbox and Sling Orange, you can download the Watch ESPN app on the Xbox and you should be able to watch the game on tv through your xbox.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
RobertM320
Green Wave

Houma de Wave
Swell

Thunderstorms predicted for the 7pm EDT hour. Then, hourly after that, AccuWeather is not predicting any rain.
Wave755
Tsunami

Line moves only 1/2 pt. to Wake Forest 16 1/2 pts. > Wave (nos. 137-138 for sheet)

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-foo ... las-vegas/