2016 Football Season W-L Prediction

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Bigeasybeliever.com predicts a 5-7 2016 Tulane Season It's pretty interesting, with wins over Southern, ULL, SMU, UMass, and UCF.

http://bigeasybeliever.com/2016/08/12/n ... rediction/

JerseyWave
Riptide

I agree those are all very winnable games, plus I would add Tulsa, who we should have beaten last year, for the magic number of six wins and bowl eligibility. UConn is also winnable if we don't allow the weather to become a factor.
GreenLantern
Riptide

I think it is time for our annual 'How Many Games Will Tulane Win' thread. Let's rename this one and get underway with the predictions. It would certainly be more interesting than wild and ceaseless Big XII speculation.

My first prediction is that NawlinsPete will predict Tulane to finish 2-10 and that jj will forecast a 10-2 season.
Robert1969
Riptide

GreenLantern wrote:I think it is time for our annual 'How Many Games Will Tulane Win' thread. Let's rename this one and get underway with the predictions. It would certainly be more interesting than wild and ceaseless Big XII speculation.

My first prediction is that NawlinsPete will predict Tulane to finish 2-10 and that jj will forecast a 10-2 season.
I think JJ has already predicted 8.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Robert1969 wrote:
GreenLantern wrote:I think it is time for our annual 'How Many Games Will Tulane Win' thread. Let's rename this one and get underway with the predictions. It would certainly be more interesting than wild and ceaseless Big XII speculation.

I think JJ has already predicted 8.
I said 6 to 8, and I'm currently inclined to stick with that. I'd say 7 wins as of today.
Fat Harry
Low Tide

5-7, Fritz era off to a solid start.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

I would be surprised if we won more than two out of @UCF/SMU/ULL/@UConn, as those four games will be far more difficult than they appear. Remember, we may be circling a lot of those games as wins based off of the performances of those teams last season (except UConn), but each of those opponents are doing the same thing with us.
OUG
Riptide

5-7 for me.
nawlinspete
Riptide

You've got that right. Much better to prepare for the worst and appreciate a third and forth win than to expect six, seven or eight and be miserable for another year with "just" two, three or four. It is called managing expectations for mental health !
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Aberzombie1892 wrote:It's pretty interesting, with wins over Southern, ULL, SMU, UMass, and UCF.

I think tulane will lose to ULL but beat either Tulsa or UConn or maybe both to finish 6-6 and Fritz is AAC coach of the year
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
msdos
Swell

I was at the spring game and the article from the scrimmage Saturday didn't sound promising...

3-9
Bigschtick
Riptide

msdos wrote:I was at the spring game and the article from the scrimmage Saturday didn't sound promising...

3-9

We win 4 games, glad to be wrong though.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bigschtick wrote:
msdos wrote:I was at the spring game and the article from the scrimmage Saturday didn't sound promising...

3-9

I thought the same thing...4 wins..but as I look at the schedule, I think the QB's. OL's and WR's will pick it up after the first 4 games and not be the liability many of us think, so 4 but 6 wins if everything falls in place, which, with Fritz I think is very possible
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
ajcalhoun
Swell

Bigschtick wrote:

3-9

Same here.
God Bless Everyone!
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

ajcalhoun wrote:
Bigschtick wrote:

3-9

Same here.
In 19 years as a head coach Willie Fritz has never had a team with less than 5 wins.
ajcalhoun
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:
Bigschtick wrote:

3-9

Same here.
In 19 years as a head coach Willie Fritz has never had a team with less than 5 wins.
This is the first time he's had to follow CJ.
God Bless Everyone!
Wave755
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:It's pretty interesting, with wins over Southern, ULL, SMU, UMass, and UCF.

I think tulane will lose to ULL but beat either Tulsa or UConn or maybe both to finish 6-6 and Fritz is AAC coach of the year
I don't know Nut, ULALA could easily come to Yulman 0-3 having lost to Boise State, McNeese State and South Alabama? And, Boise State is now a 20 pt. favorite over ULALA @ Lafayette.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

ajcalhoun wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:
Bigschtick wrote:

3-9

Same here.
And here is another example of pure Dickson Disease.

Actually, Willie Fritz has a long history of coming into programs that were in equally bad shape and he turned all of them around basically immediately.

And CJ actually left a fair amount of talent for Fritz to work with.

edit: for reference, Blinn JC was 5-24 prior to WF arrival and then they went 39-5-1 and 2 JC national titles in 3 years.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

jonathanjoseph wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:
Bigschtick wrote:

3-9

Same here.

Actually, Willie Fritz has a long history of coming into programs that were in equally bad shape and he turned all of them around basically immediately.

edit: for reference, Blinn JC was 5-24 prior to WF arrival and then they went 39-5-1 and 2 JC national titles in 3 years.
Yeah..but the players at Blinn JC were being fed Blue Bell Ice Cream, which is located just down the street from campus
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:

I don't know Nut, ULALA could easily come to Yulman 0-3 having lost to Boise State, McNeese State and South Alabama? And, Boise State is now a 20 pt. favorite over ULALA @ Lafayette.
you could be very well be correct...I did not look at the LaLaf schedule...Boise will be a meat grinder...not sure about mcNeese with a new staff in place..So Bama should be a very interesting game
Wave755
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:

you could be very well be correct...I did not look at the LaLaf schedule...Boise will be a meat grinder...not sure about mcNeese with a new staff in place..So Bama should be a very interesting game
Yes, McNeese State was 10-1 last year (LSU game cancelled because of lightning) but HC Matt Viator left for UL-M, new HC is Lance Guidry. Just the same, McNeese State will be sky high for ULALA and USA beat ULALA last year.
msdos
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote:

Teevens left Bowden with a ton of talent.

Scelfo left Toledo with a good bit of talent - what I would say is our last truly great offensive line

I see more Toledo in Fritz than I do Bowden
sader24
Tsunami

I think we will be much better coached, but I don't see a Tommy Bowden type immediate turnaround. Shaun King was a 2 year starter with the exact skill set for the offense they wanted to run. We don't possess that currently. I got us at 5-7 with the big turnaround coming next season with hopefully an experienced QB. I do believe you will see this team steadily improve over the season, be disciplined, and well coached. I also think Special Teams will improve significantly over the season. In many if not all ways this staff is starting from scratch.
RobertM320
Green Wave

msdos wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:

Scelfo left Toledo with a good bit of talent - what I would say is our last truly great offensive line

I guess the question here is, how can you be sure CJ didn't leave Fritz with a lot of talent? You surely can't base it on what they did with him as a coach, because he was terrible. Just like when Bowden first came in, no one felt Teevens had left him "a ton of talent". Its what Bowden did with that talent that made it shine. Look at the number of players the last couple of years that have made it to the NFL. Quite a number of them are offensive talent. And yet our offense was so terrible we won only 6 games in the last two seasons.

I think you'll find there's more talent here than we realize.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
ajcalhoun
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:
msdos wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:

I guess the question here is, how can you be sure CJ didn't leave Fritz with a lot of talent? You surely can't base it on what they did with him as a coach, because he was terrible. Just like when Bowden first came in, no one felt Teevens had left him "a ton of talent". Its what Bowden did with that talent that made it shine. Look at the number of players the last couple of years that have made it to the NFL. Quite a number of them are offensive talent. And yet our offense was so terrible we won only 6 games in the last two seasons.

I think you'll find there's more talent here than we realize.
OK, I'll buy that. I'll stretch my prediction to five wins just based on the fact that we won three last year with a total buffoon at the helm.
God Bless Everyone!