Wake Forest Score Prediction Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Technically, we're less than a week away from the season kickoff, so let's get this ball rolling.

Coming only from the fact that we have a new head coach, I'll be optimistic.

Tulane 24
Wake Forest 21

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Angry Wave 35, Demon Deacon 17. I think we will catch the Demon Deacons by surprise since they won't really know what to prepare for. Heavy run game/ triple option? Maybe we get bold and air it out? Roll Wave!
OUG
Riptide

Wake Forest 31 - Tulane 20
Jaxwave
Swell

Oug is about right, I fear.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wake 30 Tulane 17
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
msdos
Swell

Wake 45
Tulane 10
BC Wave
Swell

Wave 13
Wake 24
Ernie McCracken
Ripple

Wake Forest 27
Tulane 13
Wavetrader
Low Tide

Wake's offense was putrid last year and will have trouble against our D. Wake 12 / Angry Wave 10. We lose a close one.
"There is winning and there is misery". BP
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Good lord the psychological damage Cow/Dick has done to this fanbase is hard to fathom.

There are 8 predictions so far. For those 8 predictions, the average prediction for Wake is 28.25 pts.

In 2015, Wake NEVER scored more than 24 in any game vs an FBS opponent and only twice all season did they top 20 points. As bad as we were on offense last year (and we were really bad), we topped 30 pts 3 times vs FBS opponents.

Really hard to predict with all the conflicting viewpoints and smokescreens about QB play and without seeing how quickly they are picking up the scheme. That being said, 28-14 good guys.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Wavetrader wrote:Wake's offense was putrid last year and will have trouble against our D. Wake 12 / Angry Wave 10. We lose a close one.
Putrid is right.

Meanwhile, I see almost no chance that a Willie Fritz football team only scores 10 points under any circumstances. Tulane will be able to run the ball.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Tulane 23, WF 19 Just a hunch.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

WF 13
TU 6
We have trouble scoring in scrimmages I don't see us scoring much in games.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote:WF 13
TU 6
That's because our defense is better than Wake Forest's defense.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

TU 6
Is this a serious prediction?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:
TU 6
That's what I'm hoping. Every year when we scrimmage against ourself it's really difficult to determine what we have on either offense or defense. We'll know more after next Thursday.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
TU 6
That's what I'm hoping. Every year when we scrimmage against ourself it's really difficult to determine what we have on either offense or defense. We'll know more after next Thursday.
As bad as we were on offense last year, we only scored as few as 6 points once. It's more likely that we score 35 than we score 6.
Eaglewave
Swell

Tulane 24
Wake 13

The Angry Wave defense is ready for battle. The running game will control the game. Tanner Lee is gone, so I doubt we have to worry about the ball being picked off and putting us into horrid situations. We also have a better coaching staff who will play the game safe. I think we are better than our depth chart looks.
Ball Sumrall!
Aberzombie1892
Swell

The Wave out-gains the Decons in terms of total yardage - even though neither offense gains a ton of yards - but is ultimately done in by turnovers.

Tulane 7
Wake Forest 17
Bigschtick
Riptide

I don't guess scores, I predict a win.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
swampnik
Surge

A "W" for the Wave!
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:
TU 6
Statistically, that was far from the case last year. Wake's D was ranked about twice as high (roughly 40 for them vs 80 for us) despite them playing a much tougher schedule. Wake's D is the strong part of their team, and their offense was almost as bad as ours, so they put their D in as bad position as we did to our D. Their team is very similar to ours (based on last year): they have problems scoring and moving the ball, yet the D is pretty good.

The best thing going for us is the fact that Wake won't know what to expect. Watching GSU films will not show them what our offense looks like. The worst thing going for us is it's game one in a new system with what many "experts" say is the least experienced QB's in FBS. Playing a MUCH tougher schedule, Wake gave up more than 31 points twice last year. Against mediocre ACC competition we gave up 102 in two games.

This is a winnable game, but we're not going to put any clinic on offensively. And it will be a significant upset, if we can pull it off. Yet I'm going out on a limb and making a homer call:

Tulane 22
Wake 21

Our two point conversion with 6 seconds left on the clock is the difference. Coach Fritz doesn't want to go to OT, and knows he can get us 3 yards for the win.

ROLL WAVE!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
nawlinspete
Riptide

DfromCT wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
TU 6
Statistically, that was far from the case last year. Wake's D was ranked about twice as high (roughly 40 for them vs 80 for us) despite them playing a much tougher schedule. Wake's D is the strong part of their team, and their offense was almost as bad as ours, so they put their D in as bad position as we did to our D. Their team is very similar to ours (based on last year): they have problems scoring and moving the ball, yet the D is pretty good.

The best thing going for us is the fact that Wake won't know what to expect. Watching GSU films will not show them what our offense looks like. The worst thing going for us is it's game one in a new system with what many "experts" say is the least experienced QB's in FBS. Playing a MUCH tougher schedule, Wake gave up more than 31 points twice last year. Against mediocre ACC competition we gave up 102 in two games.

This is a winnable game, but we're not going to put any clinic on offensively. And it will be a significant upset, if we can pull it off. Yet I'm going out on a limb and making a homer call:

Tulane 22
Wake 21

Our two point conversion with 6 seconds left on the clock is the difference. Coach Fritz doesn't want to go to OT, and knows he can get us 3 yards for the win.

ROLL WAVE!
Your recent posts indicate you are concussed. Do not buy anything on line, sign contracts or operate a vehicle.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
netshorty
Surge

http://www.oddsshark.com/ncaaf/tulane-w ... 016-729522
found this interesting though I would imagine they use stats from previous year, so our change in staff and offense probably makes this prediction baseless. Oddsshark.com has prediction of ~ 20-18 Wake. they show the action (nearly 60%) is on Wake giving the points.
greenphantom
Swell

Wave 13-10