Wake Forest Score Prediction Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

nawlinspete wrote: Your recent posts indicate you are concussed. Do not buy anything on line, sign contracts or operate a vehicle.
Keep calm and
TROLL ON.

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wake's offense has been pretty bad too. Hopefully our D will realize its potential under this staff. I'd like to believe we can surprise them w/our Offense but as we know in this day and age it is very easy to go on line and find footage of his time at SHSU. We have had fans do it on various sites. They clearly won't be up for us and will be up for our first game. The Wave takes a close one 20-17.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
GreenLantern
Riptide

It seems to be an obvious pick:

GreenGears
Low Tide

Wave 24
Wake 21
JerseyWave
Riptide

Tulane 38 Wake Forest 24

Defense scores a TD and the running game dominates.
Aegis
High Tide

TU 27
Wake 23

I can see Badie and Hilliard getting chuncks to the outside with Thompson pounding the middle for big gains. I' also like to see fakes to the outside with the QB popping tall and hitting Wadleigh or Thompson for a quick hitter over the middle. Just Too many options for Fritz and company. Plus our D is experienced and will be well prepared/
breaker
Ripple

Those of you expecting Tulane to score in the 20's are delusional. Wake's defense is pretty stout. They shut out BC, held FSU to 24, Louisville to 20, and even holding Clemson to 33 is 15 pts below Clemson's average. I believe they return 8 starters from that D. With Tulane having zero QB experience and Wake's defense being highly successful against the ACC last year - I'd be shocked if TU scores in double figures. 24-6 Wake. Vegas nails it yet again.
GreenLantern
Riptide

I predict that no matter if Tulane wins big or loses big at WF, there will be a lot of I-told-you-so-posts here.

For the next 48 hours, I'm giving myself the gift of wild optimism. I think we're about to see something very memorable take place.
JDTulane
Riptide

I'm wrong 99% of the time so may as well enjoy my prediction:

Tulane 31 Wake Forest 27
OUG
Riptide

I have a CBS SportsLine Pro subscription (which is CBS' handicapping and analytics site), for, uh, entertainment purposes...

Anyway, they love the Wave ATS here. Both their data analyst and one of their top handicappers are picking us ATS:

The data analyst says:
TULANE +17
My simulations show this game being much closer than the Vegas odds. Projections have these teams separated by less than 20 total yards, so I have no idea how Wake Forest will be able to beat the big spread if that is indeed the case. With nearly one-third of simulations pointing to a straight-up upset by Tulane, taking the Green Wave to cover is a much easier play.

The handicapper is mostly just fading Wake, based on the size of the spread.

TULANE +17
Wake Forest is a big home favorite for its opener against Tulane after the Demon Deacons' encouraging finish last season. Wake's defense kept the team competitive; the Deacs lost to Florida State, Louisville, Duke and Indiana by eight or fewer points. The Green Wave, meanwhile, lost six of their last seven games in 2015 and their young roster is filled with question marks. But with Wake's propensity for offensive lulls, 17 points is too many. Grab the dog.

The way they index value, they have Tulane +17 as a 98 out of 100, which is their strongest play of the weekend I think.

They also like us on the moneyline, saying we win 33% of simulations. So at +600ish, its a better than average value. The money line is moving toward Tulane, going from +650 to +550 in the past week or so.

Of course their computers have Terren Encalade out for the game and Devin Powell starting for us at QB. So take these computers and picks for what they're worth.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I see a very slim chance that Wake comes out fired up, we come out tentative, and get blown out.

I see a good chance that we come out fired up, Wake is fired up, but we surprise them running the spread out of the shotgun formation most of the game. They're confused and panicking on D, and we roll to a double digit victory.

I also see a good chance that the same scenario above happens, but we make critical mistakes, allowing Wake to stay in the game and win at the end.

There's also the possibility that Wake rides emotions and Wave mistakes early, then we settle in and have a chance to win at the end. Heck this is all a crapshoot. My point is that I don't think we get blown out, I love the Wave plus the points. And to make a few posters and one person crazy, I'll stick with my prediction of:

Tulane 22
Wake Forest 21

Two point conversion to win late.

Roll Wave!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
batonverde
Ripple

24 - 10 RollWave! We will rush for 254 yards and pass for 127 yards. D will have a pick six.
TURVS71
Swell

WF 24
TU 14

As much as I want my Green Wave to win, I believe we will take our lumps this year. Hope I'm wrong! Concerned about our size, don't think we have the power or depth to adequately compete on a consistent basis.

The GOOD thing is that we start a season free of "Dead Weight Dickson" ..That alone has me excited for the season!!
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
sader24
Tsunami

WF 38 Tulane 7.
Wave755
Tsunami

Wave 20
Wake 10

Roll Wave Roll !!!
Show Me
Tsunami

WF 34
TU 3
dz1
Ripple

TU 22 WF 20 Defense gets big turnover late to seal it.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

OUG wrote:I have a CBS SportsLine Pro subscription (which is CBS' handicapping and analytics site), for, uh, entertainment purposes...

Anyway, they love the Wave ATS here. Both their data analyst and one of their top handicappers are picking us ATS:

The data analyst says:
TULANE +17
My simulations show this game being much closer than the Vegas odds. Projections have these teams separated by less than 20 total yards, so I have no idea how Wake Forest will be able to beat the big spread if that is indeed the case. With nearly one-third of simulations pointing to a straight-up upset by Tulane, taking the Green Wave to cover is a much easier play.

TULANE +17
Wake Forest is a big home favorite for its opener against Tulane after the Demon Deacons' encouraging finish last season. Wake's defense kept the team competitive; the Deacs lost to Florida State, Louisville, Duke and Indiana by eight or fewer points. The Green Wave, meanwhile, lost six of their last seven games in 2015 and their young roster is filled with question marks. But with Wake's propensity for offensive lulls, 17 points is too many. Grab the dog.

The way they index value, they have Tulane +17 as a 98 out of 100, which is their strongest play of the weekend I think.

They also like us on the moneyline, saying we win 33% of simulations. So at +600ish, its a better than average value. The money line is moving toward Tulane, going from +650 to +550 in the past week or so.

Of course their computers have Terren Encalade out for the game and Devin Powell starting for us at QB. So take these computers and picks for what they're worth.
Despite your last sentence, the rest makes complete and total sense. Tulane's defense will be good, perhaps very good. Wake's offense will be mediocre, at best (that's kind given their performance last year). I don't even think Wake scores 17 total points.

The point spread is 100% pure Cow/Dick perception and legacy of losing. People expect us to get blown out, even by a team that can't score.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote:
OUG wrote:I have a CBS SportsLine Pro subscription (which is CBS' handicapping and analytics site), for, uh, entertainment purposes...

The data analyst says:
TULANE +17

TULANE +17

Despite your last sentence, the rest makes complete and total sense. Tulane's defense will be good, perhaps very good. Wake's offense will be mediocre, at best (that's kind given their performance last year). I don't even think Wake scores 17 total points.

The point spread is 100% pure Cow/Dick perception and legacy of losing. People expect us to get blown out, even by a team that can't score.
I see people predicting WF to score over 20+ points which is kind of mind boggling. This is the same team last year that averaged less than 17 points per game. They are also breaking in a new running back and qb. So where is all this offensive power coming from?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:

The data analyst says:
TULANE +17

TULANE +17

I see people predicting WF to score over 20+ points which is kind of mind boggling. This is the same team last year that averaged less than 17 points per game. They are also breaking in a new running back and qb. So where is all this offensive power coming from?
But....But....They are a P-5 Team, and have superior shoes and jerseys and everything !!!!...even their water bottles are cool looking !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

And don't forget locker rooms and IPFs!
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote:
GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:

The data analyst says:
TULANE +17

TULANE +17

But....But....They are a P-5 Team, and have superior shoes and jerseys and everything !!!!...even their water bottles are cool looking !!!!
They are not breaking in a new QB tmk. They both stunk last year but played.
OUG
Riptide

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:

The data analyst says:
TULANE +17

TULANE +17

I have them scoring over 20 because I think we will hand them some points. We are still a very mistake prone and mentally soft football team, and I think Fritz will fix that, but it's not going to change over night in a road opener. I would say the same if we were playing ULM on the road, btw. It's not about P5. Wake will score points on defense/ST or on a short field, at least once and maybe more.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:I see people predicting WF to score over 20+ points which is kind of mind boggling. This is the same team last year that averaged less than 17 points per game. They are also breaking in a new running back and qb. So where is all this offensive power coming from?
Well, their starting QB isn't "new" - 60% accuracy last year (rushed for 261 and 3 tds) and had more interceptions than touchdowns, but was 12-15 for 148 yards and an interception in the spring game so it looks like there may be some improvement at the QB position over the last year. The starting RB is an 3* true freshman early enrollee that beat out a redshirt freshman and a sophomore for that spot (it also looks like Wake will at least cycle in the other two QBs). These guys aren't world beaters, but it wouldn't be surprising to see Wake field a better offense than last year, and, while our defense should be decent, it will be difficult to tell how good it is until Tulane faces ULL (Navy's unique offense and Southern won't be good barometers, while Wake could be a crapshoot depending on what happens with our offense).

That's not even looking at possible Tulane turnovers.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
GreenPuddleSplash wrote:I see people predicting WF to score over 20+ points which is kind of mind boggling. This is the same team last year that averaged less than 17 points per game. They are also breaking in a new running back and qb. So where is all this offensive power coming from?
Well, their starting QB isn't "new" - 60% accuracy last year (rushed for 261 and 3 tds) and had more interceptions than touchdowns, but was 12-15 for 148 yards and an interception in the spring game so it looks like there may be some improvement at the QB position over the last year. The starting RB is an 3* true freshman early enrollee that beat out a redshirt freshman and a sophomore for that spot (it also looks like Wake will at least cycle in the other two QBs). These guys aren't world beaters, but it wouldn't be surprising to see Wake field a better offense than last year, and, while our defense should be decent, it will be difficult to tell how good it is until Tulane faces ULL (Navy's unique offense and Southern won't be good barometers, while Wake could be a crapshoot depending on what happens with our offense).

That's not even looking at possible Tulane turnovers.
I agree that it wouldn't be surprising if WF has a better offense, but the same goes for the flip. I wouldn't be surprised if WF's offense is just as bad as last year. They aren't dealing with the same type of problems that we have had, namely, bad coaching. Regardless, kick off is less than 5 hours away. Roll Wave!