Troy Dannen

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
TURVS71
Swell

I don't want to beat a dead horse BUT if anyone DOES NOT SEE that Troy Dannen is like a piece of gold compared to that piece of s*** Dickson they must be a moron, idiotic or just plain brain dead. From the media, to the Athletic Department employees NO ONE can argue for Dickson (that includes you, Mr. Ed Daniels). To include Dickson in ANY sort of Hall of Fame ceremonies or honorees equates to honoring Adolph Hilter for his abilities as German leader. Troy Dannen has done in 7+months what Dickson either could not or didn't want to do in his over-stayed tenure at Tulane. From management improvements, fan relations and media relations, he has it all, in my opinion. Only unknown factor is the success of his coaching hires but his management style and method of operation should prove his hires successful. I will be very surprised if this does not pan out. The only negative point of having an AD like Dannen is that he will probably move on to bigger and better things sooner than later. Only thing that may prevent this is a relatively quick entry into a P5 Conference. So, here we are "honoring" Dickson...how disgusting....he doesn't have the status to wipe Troy Dannen's butt. Yes, I am happy to have played whatever part I could, along with the rest of the loyal fans, to drive Mr. Dickson away.....I am not naive enough to believe that that was the case but I/We did what was needed.

'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

TURVS71 wrote:I don't want to beat a dead horse BUT if anyone DOES NOT SEE that Troy Dannen is like a piece of gold compared to that piece of s*** Dickson they must be a moron, idiotic or just plain brain dead. From the media, to the Athletic Department employees NO ONE can argue for Dickson (that includes you, Mr. Ed Daniels). To include Dickson in ANY sort of Hall of Fame ceremonies or honorees equates to honoring Adolph Hilter for his abilities as German leader. Troy Dannen has done in 7+months what Dickson either could not or didn't want to do in his over-stayed tenure at Tulane. From management improvements, fan relations and media relations, he has it all, in my opinion. Only unknown factor is the success of his coaching hires but his management style and method of operation should prove his hires successful. I will be very surprised if this does not pan out. The only negative point of having an AD like Dannen is that he will probably move on to bigger and better things sooner than later. Only thing that may prevent this is a relatively quick entry into a P5 Conference. So, here we are "honoring" Dickson...how disgusting....he doesn't have the status to wipe Troy Dannen's butt. Yes, I am happy to have played whatever part I could, along with the rest of the loyal fans, to drive Mr. Dickson away.....I am not naive enough to believe that that was the case but I/We did what was needed.
I could not agree more. Anyone that's in the Tulane Hall of Fame should be insulted that Rick Dickson is getting in. I hope that we can hold onto Troy Dannen at least through the middle of the next decade, after the next round of TV contracts and Conference re-shuffling. We should be thinking outside the box of ways to make Dannen want to stay. (At the right time) Buy him a house; make him one of the highest compensated AD's in G5. Give him serious $$ incentives to get us into a P5. In other words, make it so that Troy Dannen wants to have Tulane be his last job. He gets us into a P5, and gets rewarded with a lottery type bonus.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
nawlinspete
Riptide

D/Ct, what do you think Tulane is doing every day ? Everything being done by Mr Dannen cements him in a little more. Just as he says, success is what we demand and it will be up to Tulane to make our successful coaches and athletic staff, and professors, offers they cannot refuse to remain on the good ship Green Wave.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Troy was named to the Competition Oversight Committee by the NCAA. I think it's recognition that Troy is well respected among his peers, as this isn't the top Competition Committee, but it's probably the 2nd most important.
The Competition Oversight Committee will have oversight responsibility of regular season and championships administration in sports other than football and men's and women's basketball, including supervision of qualification and/or selection procedures for Division I and National Collegiate Championships.
It's a four year term, running July 1st (this year) through June 30, 2021.

Congrats, Troy!
ROLL WAVE!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:07 pm Troy was named to the Competition Oversight Committee by the NCAA. I think it's recognition that Troy is well respected among his peers, as this isn't the top Competition Committee, but it's probably the 2nd most important.
The Competition Oversight Committee will have oversight responsibility of regular season and championships administration in sports other than football and men's and women's basketball, including supervision of qualification and/or selection procedures for Division I and National Collegiate Championships.
It's a four year term, running July 1st (this year) through June 30, 2021.

Congrats, Troy!
ROLL WAVE!
almost as important as being in charge of Sal's Sno-Balls on metry rd !!! Now that is some real responsibility !!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !