Angry Wave

nowave
Ripple

Re: Angry Wave

Postby nowave » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:52 pm

winwave wrote:It got damaged in a fire at Kern studios. So no idea when it will go up.

so the wave was damaged in a fire?

if thats not the perfect metaphor for tulane athletics i dont know what is.

DfromCT
Tsunami

Postby DfromCT » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:03 pm

nowave wrote:
winwave wrote:It got damaged in a fire at Kern studios. So no idea when it will go up.

It suffered smoke damage, as I understood it. But I'm surprised smoke damage would be difficult to fix for something that's going to be outdoors for a long, long time. Maybe there's more to it.

" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your ongoing support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia

NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Postby NOLABigSteve » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:05 pm

DfromCT wrote:
nowave wrote:

It suffered smoke damage, as I understood it. But I'm surprised smoke damage would be difficult to fix for something that's going to be outdoors for a long, long time. Maybe there's more to it.

Entire floats have been CADed, engineered, built and lighting/fiber optics installed in less time than this concoction has taken to come to fruition.

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)

lurker123
Swell

Postby lurker123 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:59 pm

NOLABigSteve wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
nowave wrote:

Entire floats have been CADed, engineered, built and lighting/fiber optics installed in less time than this concoction has taken to come to fruition.

It's been reported that Kern is donating it to Tulane so you get what you pay for or literally in this case you don't get what you don't pay for.