Green Wave Fan Advisory Comittee

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
TURVS71
Swell

Hey, don't blame me...just posting the FACTS. If you want to "cheerlead" there is already a board for that. And, no more PM's please!

Flunkie/JTS wanna be...party of one!

'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
winwave
Top of the WAVE

TURVS71 wrote:Hey, don't blame me...just posting the FACTS. If you want to "cheerlead" there is already a board for that. And, no more PM's please!

Flunkie/JTS wanna be...party of one!
This describes you well. ^

As anyone w/a brain on this site knows the committee is no big deal. I have never made it out to be. My views have not changed. The only thing that has changed is the leadership from Dannen and the good hires he has made. I am positive about those as most are. That all took place before the committee's existence. If I was now calling Yulman the bomb you would have a point but you don't. Back to your bitter party.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
TURVS71
Swell

I believe 700 Posts in 2 months says it all.
As you so eloquently put it, anyone with 1/2 a brain could see the change. Oh and it takes 1/2 a brain to spend THAT amount of time on a message board. Consider yourself fortunate that we LET you post here. Try that crap elsewhere and see what happens.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

You don't post much b/c your views aren't shared by others and were shot down early on this site. You even posted way back then about demanding respect just b/c it was your sons site. A lot has happened since June. Pierce leaving and now the Big XII stuff. Like I said anyone w/a brain and no agenda would see that my views haven't changed. Go back through those post and show one that has me changing from my long held views.

You really need to let this go as you are really showing your ass here.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
TURVS71
Swell

Not going to let you or anyone turn this site into a "rah rah" site or allow the "steering"
Of opinions and keep my son out of this or you WILL be taking a little vacation to get your mind right. While you found it necessary to argue with Rick Jones at a football game, almost coming to blows AND causing the loss of a baseball recruit,
We have taken concrete actions and stands on matters. Many of these actions helped in the changes we now see.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

TURVS71 wrote:Not going to let you or anyone turn this site into a "rah rah" site or allow the "steering"
Of opinions and keep my son out of this or you WILL be taking a little vacation to get your mind right.
You are the one on the attack. I am just defending myself accordingly. I have done nothing to steer every topic positive. There is no substance to your absurd allegations. This site was declared censor free. Is it or not?

I never fought w/Rick at a football game or anywhere else. That story is an outright lie. Rick has admitted it is an outright lie.
Last edited by winwave on Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
msdos
Swell

Turvs,
the fact that winwave can come here and say whatever he wants is why many of us choose this site over the other one.

if you ban or alter his posts in any way, this site is no better

even if you are correct in your assertions, this is what comes with running a free open forum
netshorty
Surge

i do love conspiracy theories. In a few minutes of research by randomly picking 5 pretty active board contributors i found that activity level the last 3 months is much greater than the 3 months previous. Here's the results, names have been altered to protect the innocent ;)

average posts per month
user last 3 / prev 3 % inc.
ww 312 / 120 260%
jj 162 / 78 208%
tp 175 / 141 124%
gn 131 / 74 177%
dct 132 / 65 204%

A very small sample set but I believe trends toward increase activity based on events occurring within our program vs. an agenda. though I could see others arguing the other side still.

As a seldom contributor but active consumer of this forum i appreciate reading both sides to most arguments but the personal attacks as what materialized in this thread are ridiculous.

anyway, hope I didn't offend those I used for the quick analysis...
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

netshorty wrote:i do love conspiracy theories. In a few minutes of research by randomly picking 5 pretty active board contributors i found that activity level the last 3 months is much greater than the 3 months previous. Here's the results, names have been altered to protect the innocent ;)

average posts per month
ww 312 / 120 260%
jj 162 / 78 208%
tp 175 / 141 124%
gn 131 / 74 177%
dct 132 / 65 204%

A very small sample set but I believe trends toward increase activity based on events occurring within our program vs. an agenda. though I could see others arguing the other side still.

As a seldom contributor but active consumer of this forum i appreciate reading both sides to most arguments but the personal attacks as what materialized in this thread are ridiculous.

Damn .. I see I made the list...just to be clear, I do not think Oswald acted alone !!!!...No way a Marine, with the worse weapons rating of "marksman" using that Italian piece of crap bolt action rifle, which required him to re-engage his sight picture, after each shot hit his moving target three times in less than 8 seconds !!! I do think he was involved, but there were other shooters, The debris of his brains being on the trunk of the car shows at least one shot was fired from the front of the vehicle...you can plainly see Jackie climbing onto the trunk to retrieve the debris....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
TURVS71
Swell

msdos wrote:Turvs,
the fact that winwave can come here and say whatever he wants is why many of us choose this site over the other one.

even if you are correct in your assertions, this is what comes with running a free open forum
Nobody is deleting or changing anyone's post. It just my opinion , based on some info , that there is an agenda...and frankly, I don't like it since we have been that route already. I am entitled to my opinion...and thank you for explaining to me how an open forum works! I'm
Done on the subject.
sader24
Tsunami

What is going on in here?
RobertM320
Green Wave

sader24 wrote:What is going on in here?
Passing time until football season... :mrgreen:
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

TURVS71 wrote:
msdos wrote:Turvs,

Nobody is deleting or changing anyone's post. It just my opinion , based on some info , that there is an agenda...and frankly, I don't like it since we have been that route already. I am entitled to my opinion...and thank you for explaining to me how an open forum works! I'm
Done on the subject.
For the record, multiple posts of mine have been deleted from this thread.
TURVS71
Swell

Sorry dude but that's BS...nothing deleted ...
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

netshorty wrote:i do love conspiracy theories. In a few minutes of research by randomly picking 5 pretty active board contributors i found that activity level the last 3 months is much greater than the 3 months previous. Here's the results, names have been altered to protect the innocent ;)

average posts per month
ww 312 / 120 260%
jj 162 / 78 208%
tp 175 / 141 124%
gn 131 / 74 177%
dct 132 / 65 204%

Bravo on the research, but maybe it's just because we've hired a MBB coach, BB coach and found ourselves in the middle of Big12 expansion rumors with a new AD who is bringing excitement and there's no need to be searching for conspiracy theories.
RobertM320
Green Wave

JJ, I think that's basically what he's saying.
A very small sample set but I believe trends toward increase activity based on events occurring within our program vs. an agenda.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

Just out of curiosity I figured mine out as well. 171/79, so I was at 216% of a normal 3 month period. Its the events and topics, not a conspiracy or agenda.
Wave755
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote:
Damn .. I see I made the list...just to be clear, I do not think Oswald acted alone !!!!...No way a Marine, with the worse weapons rating of "marksman" using that Italian piece of crap bolt action rifle, which required him to re-engage his sight picture, after each shot hit his moving target three times in less than 8 seconds !!! I do think he was involved, but there were other shooters, The debris of his brains being on the trunk of the car shows at least one shot was fired from the front of the vehicle...you can plainly see Jackie climbing onto the trunk to retrieve the debris....
Actually, Nut, in December of 1956 while in the U. S. Marine Corps Oswald scored 212 - Sharpshooter; a good shot by Marine Corps standards and a "very good shot" when compared to the U.S. population in general. And, the 3rd and final shot which struck Pres. Kennedy's head was only from a little over 88 yards, well within the effective range of Oswald's Carcano rifle, the Italian carbine he fired from the 6th Floor window of the Texas School Book Depository Building. If you haven't already done so, you really should visit the 6th Floor Museum at Dallas. :)
austxwave
High Tide

Once again, I agree with Golfnut. I am not a conspiracy theorist, but I do think big brother is out to get us. :D

With that being said, there are 2 things in life that I am completely confident: Oswald did not act alone and much to my dismay, ain't no way Tulane gets an invite to the Big 12. We have many great intangibles, but our main sports are too inferior to warrant an invite. Plus our fan base is too small.

Give TD 5 years to right the ship, and it would be a totally different opinion.

golfnut69 wrote:

average posts per month
ww 312 / 120 260%
jj 162 / 78 208%
tp 175 / 141 124%
gn 131 / 74 177%
dct 132 / 65 204%

netshorty
Surge

RobertM320 wrote:JJ, I think that's basically what he's saying.
A very small sample set but I believe trends toward increase activity based on events occurring within our program vs. an agenda.
right, topics not conspiracy was my read on the increase...
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

RobertM320 wrote:JJ, I think that's basically what he's saying.
Correct. My tone did not accurately convey as much.
Wave755
Tsunami

austxwave wrote:Once again, I agree with Golfnut. I am not a conspiracy theorist, but I do think big brother is out to get us. :D

With that being said, there are 2 things in life that I am completely confident: Oswald did not act alone and much to my dismay, ain't no way Tulane gets an invite to the Big 12. We have many great intangibles, but our main sports are too inferior to warrant an invite. Plus our fan base is too small.

I know you are wrong on the first one, and hope you are wrong as well on the second. For the fourth spot for the Big XII expansion it just might come down to Tulane v. Memphis. Memphis is of the same academic caliber as an ULALA. I am hopeful UT & Oklahoma will want an AAU Tulane over Memphis and will recall as late as 2009 Baylor was still a football joke and for our last meeting in 2004 Tulane beat TCU.

And by the way, an 88 yard shot with a rifle for a "Louisiana Boy" is hardly impossible; and sadly, Oswald was a "Louisiana Boy." And further by the way, the U.S. Marine Corps conducts its rifle qualification for targets that are 200, 300, and 500 yards away shooting from the prone, sitting, kneeling, and standing positions. :D
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote:
austxwave wrote:Once again, I agree with Golfnut. I am not a conspiracy theorist, but I do think big brother is out to get us. :D

I know you are wrong on the first one, and hope you are wrong as well on the second. For the fourth spot for the Big XII expansion it just might come down to Tulane v. Memphis. Memphis is of the same academic caliber as an ULALA. I am hopeful UT & Oklahoma will want an AAU Tulane over Memphis and will recall as late as 2009 Baylor was still a football joke and for our last meeting in 2004 Tulane beat TCU.

And by the way, an 88 yard shot with a rifle for a "Louisiana Boy" is hardly impossible; and sadly, Oswald was a "Louisiana Boy." And further by the way, the U.S. Marine Corps conducts its rifle qualification for targets that are 200, 300, and 500 yards away shooting from the prone, sitting, kneeling, and standing positions. :D
I certainly understand the rifle qualifications...hate to tell ya Oswald graded out as a "Marksman" which is the lowest grade. At the time Oswald was in the Marines there was Marksman, Sharpshooter and Expert grades. I have Expert ratings in rifle and handgun, still have a valid Federal ID to carry a firearm. I too am a Louisiana Boy and can tell ya, he may have gotten all three shots to hit using and AR-15 which is not "bolt action" .. but with bolt action reloading and reacquiring a sight picture / window for accuracy.... NO WAY.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave755
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote:
Wave755 wrote:

I certainly understand the rifle qualifications...hate to tell ya Oswald graded out as a "Marksman" which is the lowest grade. At the time Oswald was in the Marines there was Marksman, Sharpshooter and Expert grades. I have Expert ratings in rifle and handgun, still have a valid Federal ID to carry a firearm. I too am a Louisiana Boy and can tell ya, he may have gotten all three shots to hit using and AR-15 which is not "bolt action" .. but with bolt action reloading and reacquiring a sight picture / window for accuracy.... NO WAY.
But Nut, 212 is Sharpshooter? :D Now, I still think there is a good chance UT & Oklahoma will choose us over "academic dreg" Memphis as the 4th team added to the Big XII. Fingers crossed. :1thumb:
RobertM320
Green Wave

The more I read, the more I realize Memphis is really AWFUL when it comes to academics.