Green Wave Fan Advisory Comittee

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
TURVS71
Swell

For those interested, you can see a list of the members by going to:

Tulanegreenwave.com
Inside Athletics
Green Wave Fan Advisory

'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
TURVS71
Swell

Now that all can see a list of the members, perhaps certain members have been given the task of policing these forums and bombarding them with nothing but positive comments and discrediting those that post negative comments. We all would hope that is not the case as it would just continue what we already know happened on the other board. There is no need to name any names but one has only to have a little smarts to put 2 and 2 together to notice on here numerous posts and increased traffic on this site. This is obvious as all of those certain posts have amazingly gone positive. What a coincidence that would be. There is nothing wrong with positive posts but the idea of "policing" social media to try and quell posts that are not too favorable is just sad. Positive posts are here naturally and will continue to come as positive outcomes arise. We finally have the AD and President that we all wanted. No need for a "mole" to police and steer posts to a certain conclusion.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

TURVS71 wrote:Now that all can see a list of the members, perhaps certain members have been given the task of policing these forums and bombarding them with nothing but positive comments and discrediting those that post negative comments. We all would hope that is not the case as it would just continue what we already know happened on the other board. There is no need to name any names but one has only to have a little smarts to put 2 and 2 together to notice on here numerous posts and increased traffic on this site. This is obvious as all of those certain posts have amazingly gone positive. What a coincidence that would be. There is nothing wrong with positive posts but the idea of "policing" social media to try and quell posts that are not too favorable is just sad. Positive posts are here naturally and will continue to come as positive outcomes arise. We finally have the AD and President that we all wanted. No need for a "mole" to police and steer posts to a certain conclusion.
I think we can safely rule out any conspiracy theories.
TURVS71
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote:
TURVS71 wrote:Now that all can see a list of the members, perhaps certain members have been given the task of policing these forums and bombarding them with nothing but positive comments and discrediting those that post negative comments. We all would hope that is not the case as it would just continue what we already know happened on the other board. There is no need to name any names but one has only to have a little smarts to put 2 and 2 together to notice on here numerous posts and increased traffic on this site. This is obvious as all of those certain posts have amazingly gone positive. What a coincidence that would be. There is nothing wrong with positive posts but the idea of "policing" social media to try and quell posts that are not too favorable is just sad. Positive posts are here naturally and will continue to come as positive outcomes arise. We finally have the AD and President that we all wanted. No need for a "mole" to police and steer posts to a certain conclusion.
Don't make book on that JJ!!
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

TURVS71 wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
Don't make book on that JJ!!
If there is I'm not smart enough to figure it out. I don't recognize a single name on that list anyway. I also know what Dannen thinks of internet forums.
nawlinspete
Riptide

What is winwave's name, y'all ? ! ?
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
nawlinspete
Riptide

TURVS71 wrote:For those interested, you can see a list of the members by going to:

Tulanegreenwave.com
Inside Athletics
Green Wave Fan Advisory
Is that ShowME calling TURVS71 out because he can not post a link ?
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
winwave
Top of the WAVE

jonathanjoseph wrote:
jj- he has lost his mind w/bitterness over not getting selected for the committee. If there is any increased traffic it comes from him feeding BS to others to trash the committee. As i have explained countless times the committee is no big deal. Tulane never made it out to be a big deal. It is not a big deal. They are trying to get in depth follow up on the surveys they did for the most part. It just consist of loyal Tulane fans that are willing to give their time to offer some guidance in how they can do better by their fans.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
TURVS71
Swell

You will treat me, my son and this site with respect or you can take it elsewhere.No more emails to us complaining.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

TURVS71 wrote:You will treat me, my son and this site with respect or you can take it elsewhere.
LOL. So much for this site not being censor free.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
TURVS71
Swell

Censorship and respect are different ...if you don't show respect you CAN take it
Elsewhere
winwave
Top of the WAVE

TURVS71 wrote:Censorship and respect are different ...if you don't show respect you CAN take it
Elsewhere
You should listen to yourself and show some respect.
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave, I got the impression he was referring to pete, not you. Unless you've been emailing him, then I stand corrected.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Waverunner
Ripple

Don't want to interrupt,but first Tulane coach in ANY sport to be inducted into a natl HOF has been announced.Funny it didn't make this board,it's Winwave's old chum RJ!!
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

TURVS71 wrote:Censorship and respect are different ...if you don't show respect you CAN take it
Elsewhere
Not really. Especially since there are plenty of personal attacks occurring on this forum with regularity. Banning or censoring anyone for personal reasons will end this forum's credibility immediately.
lurker123
Swell

Waverunner wrote:Don't want to interrupt,but first Tulane coach in ANY sport to be inducted into a natl HOF has been announced.Funny it didn't make this board,it's Winwave's old chum RJ!!
Off the top of my head Bernie Bierman, Monk Simons, Clark Shaughnessy and Lester Lautenschlaeger are all Tulane coaches in the College Football HOF. Cliff Wells is in Basketball HOF. A little research would probably identify others.

Congrats to Coach Jones for a great accomplishment and joining these other Tulane coaches in national HOFs.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

lurk- WR isn't a Tulane fan and especially not a Tulane baseball fan. He is a RJ fan. He hates to see the program have success w/out him so the last two years have been very rough on him. It's why he took glee in the assistant coaching hire having to be rescinded.
lurker123
Swell

winwave wrote:lurk- WR isn't a Tulane fan and especially not a Tulane baseball fan. He is a RJ fan. He hates to see the program have success w/out him so the last two years have been very rough on him. It's why he took glee in the assistant coaching hire having to be rescinded.
Well I don't know who's rooting for whom. I'm just providing facts but I thought the baseball asst coach post was a little weird. I'm sorry the candidate lacked the education to qualify for the job. I'm sure he has a family to support. I hope this encourages him to finish his degree so he can get back into college coaching.

Nonetheless assistant coaches change jobs all the time. Didn't WF lose two assistants like in his first month? It might be more.

Back to the main point: Tulane has an incredible athletic tradition with multiple coaches in HOFs across all sports. Stockton may make the basketball one after her retirement. That's why I'm excited about the entire slate of new coaches that TD has brought in to see if any/all can join these folks in HOF-qualifying success.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Same here lurker.
DrBox
Riptide

Winwave's a Tulane fan who gives his money, his time, his heart to Tulane. He buys tickets and regularly attends games.
I don't agree with him on everything (such as the stadium and its effects). Nevertheless, he's exactly who we want on the committee.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

DrBox wrote:Winwave's a Tulane fan who gives his money, his time, his heart to Tulane. He buys tickets and regularly attends games.
I don't agree with him on everything (such as the stadium and its effects). Nevertheless, he's exactly who we want on the committee.
:yes:
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

jonathanjoseph wrote:
DrBox wrote:Winwave's a Tulane fan who gives his money, his time, his heart to Tulane. He buys tickets and regularly attends games.
:yes:
I agree, but at the same time, he has sort of become a negative post policeman on the site over the last month or two. I don't always agree with him, but he is a true Tulane fan, for sure.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
TURVS71
Swell

FYI...Since June 1 of this year, several days after the first meeting of the Fan Advisory Committee, Winwave has had 700 posts....just sayin'... all of a positive nature......trying to steer topics..... as directed, maybe?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

TURVS71 wrote:FYI...Since June 1 of this year, several days after the first meeting of the Fan Advisory Committee, Winwave has had 700 posts....just sayin'... all of a positive nature......trying to steer topics..... as directed, maybe?
I have stayed consistent in all my views. Bitter, party of one. :roll: