Green Wave Fan Advisory Comittee

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
greenphantom
Swell

netshorty wrote:i do love conspiracy theories. In a few minutes of research by randomly picking 5 pretty active board contributors i found that activity level the last 3 months is much greater than the 3 months previous. Here's the results, names have been altered to protect the innocent ;)

average posts per month
user last 3 / prev 3 % inc.
ww 312 / 120 260%
jj 162 / 78 208%
tp 175 / 141 124%
gn 131 / 74 177%
dct 132 / 65 204%

A very small sample set but I believe trends toward increase activity based on events occurring within our program vs. an agenda. though I could see others arguing the other side still.

As a seldom contributor but active consumer of this forum i appreciate reading both sides to most arguments but the personal attacks as what materialized in this thread are ridiculous.

anyway, hope I didn't offend those I used for the quick analysis...
How many of those posts made the Tanner Lee thread?

Fat Harry
Low Tide

This is silly. The Fan Advisory Committee is not tasked with increasing positive posts on GOTULA.NET.
netshorty
Surge

greenphantom wrote: How many of those posts made the Tanner Lee thread?
not sure if you were kidding but "only" total of 45 Tanner Lee mentions last 3 months, 26 the 3 months prior. no legwork to break it down by user since basically non-factor (small %) in the 5 user sample...
chain gang x man
Swell

If you did not get picked last year you have another chance this year

#Tulane Athletics now accepting applications for the 2017-18 Green Wave Fan Advisory Committee

Read: bit.ly/2tpBv6c

https://twitter.com/tulaneathletics/sta ... 1357303809
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

chain gang x man wrote:If you did not get picked last year you have another chance this year

#Tulane Athletics now accepting applications for the 2017-18 Green Wave Fan Advisory Committee

Thanks. Was rejected last year so I assume I'm not the fan they are looking for. I'll pass.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
nawlinspete
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:
chain gang x man wrote:If you did not get picked last year you have another chance this year

Thanks. Was rejected last year so I assume I'm not the fan they are looking for. I'll pass.
You were not "rejected" last year; last year names were pulled out of a hat !
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

nawlinspete wrote:
tpstulane wrote:

You were not "rejected" last year; last year names were pulled out of a hat !
Pete.. I may be wrong, but I think the only names in the "Hat" were the names of those they wanted on the committee !!!...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

As usual you are completely wrong. As several posters here noted when a few complained they hadn't been picked those people were in groups that the athletic department hears from all the time. The committee doesn't meet often. Usually right before the start of a season to get ideas of what fans want gameday wise and then meets again when the season is over. The committee is full of life long diehard Tulane fans that give of their time without getting anything in return. You're welcome.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:As usual you are completely wrong. As several posters here noted when a few complained they hadn't been picked those people were in groups that the athletic department hears from all the time. The committee doesn't meet often. Usually right before the start of a season to get ideas of what fans want gameday wise and then meets again when the season is over. The committee is full of life long diehard Tulane fans that give of their time without getting anything in return. You're welcome.

OK... your post confirmed what I posted, the names they did not want to communicate with, or ones they felt they had too much communication with, were not in the "hat" ....
Last edited by golfnut69 on Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:
winwave wrote:As usual you are completely wrong. As several posters here noted when a few complained they hadn't been picked those people were in groups that the athletic department hears from all the time. The committee doesn't meet often. Usually right before the start of a season to get ideas of what fans want gameday wise and then meets again when the season is over. The committee is full of life long diehard Tulane fans that give of their time without getting anything in return. You're welcome.

OK...so let's select those who do not communicate with Tulane often...sounds like a sound game plan
It's those that don't get to. But feel free to cary on your juvenile agenda.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:

OK...so let's select those who do not communicate with Tulane often...sounds like a sound game plan
why do they not get to communicate,...no internet or phone...no mail delivery system...and FYI, I did not begin the thread regarding who was and who was not selected
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Simple. You have a fan base. It's obvious they can't all get one on one time with thise in charge. Usually that time is reserved for the heavy hitters. This process allows the long time die hards who have been going to the games religiously for years to be heard.
GreenLantern
Riptide

In the off season, the most entertainment I get from gotula.net is from the member flame fights and the pictures from the Russian bride ads which consistently populate the right margin. BTW, they've recently gotten a bit racier (the Russian bride pictures...not the flame fights...the infighting is the same predictable character assassination as always).

This site has always been an EFO (equal flaming opportunity) site. We express equal disdain for one another as much as we do the occasional obnoxious and incendiary LSU and ULaLa trolls.
ajcalhoun
Swell

Hmmm. I don't get ads for Russian brides. I get ads for Corvettes.

I have a history of shopping for Corvettes online.

Not that that means anything.
God Bless Everyone!
GreenLantern
Riptide

ajcalhoun wrote:Hmmm. I don't get ads for Russian brides. I get ads for Corvettes.

I have a history of shopping for Corvettes online.

Not that that means anything.
Are you implying that my wife has been surfing websites for Russian brides? :o
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:

There he goes again, fearing losing an argument, winwave (whom won't post his name because he's afraid) starts in with the character assassinations. And oh by the way, our fan base is of the size that it would be VERY possible to have one on one conversations with the AD and each one of our fans. Give them 15 minutes each, it should take about 3 or 5 days.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:
winwave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:

There he goes again, fearing losing an argument, winwave (whom won't post his name because he's afraid) starts in with the character assassinations. And oh by the way, our fan base is of the size that it would be VERY possible to have one on one conversations with the AD and each one of our fans. Give them 15 minutes each, it should take about 3 or 5 days.
Ah so predictable. No way to lose this argument. I'm on the committee and know what I'm talking about. Golf even stated he may be wrong... Hardly anyone post by name on these sites but there you go with character assassination again. It's ridiculous to suggest that every one could meet with he AD but again that's right in line with the juvenile attacks on those of us serving on the committee b/c the favored few here didn't get picked. It's so ridiculous that the other poster here who got picked has stopped coming to this site.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Ah so predictable. No way to lose this argument. I'm on the committee and know what I'm talking about. Golf even stated he may be wrong... Hardly anyone post by name on these sites but there you go with character assassination again. It's ridiculous to suggest that every one could meet with he AD but again that's right in line with the juvenile attacks on those of us serving on the committee b/c the favored few here didn't get picked. It's so ridiculous that the other poster here who got picked has stopped coming to this site.
"He's doing it again!"

I hope the other poster that stopped coming here didn't let the door smash his a$$ on the way out. Why are you so afraid to use your name?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks for showing your ass to everyone again.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:Thanks for showing your ass to everyone again.
He's doing it again. NICE!

Now if we could just see those Russian babes' sweet behinds....we'd have something worth following.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

To be clear, I do not get the Russian Bride Ad's...do they put their names in a bucket to see who responses to your inquiries ?....I do get CarGuru's, Golf Club , Marriott and Hilton ads, where I have a gazillion points with each brand
ajcalhoun
Swell

GreenLantern wrote: Are you implying that my wife has been surfing websites for Russian brides? :o
God Bless Everyone!
Profoundwizard
Swell

TURVS71 wrote:Not going to let you or anyone turn this site into a "rah rah" site or allow the "steering" of opinions and keep my son out of this or you WILL be taking a little vacation to get your mind right. While you found it necessary to argue with Rick Jones at a football game, almost coming to blows AND causing the loss of a baseball recruit, we have taken concrete actions and stands on matters. Many of these actions helped in the changes we now see.
How did I miss this??? This thread is gold
chain gang x man
Swell

What were some of the suggestions the committee presented ?
Were any suggestions implemented ?
I have talked to Monica concerning the concession
She is new and is looking to make improvements but welcomed feedback
winwave
Top of the WAVE

chain there are about 30 people on the committee so I wouldn't know where to start as there have been many suggestions. Football season is coming so we'll see if anything will change. It was made clear that they needed more staffing, much better trained staff, more pop ups in areas where they used to have them. It was also made clear that they should return to doing the surveys after the football games especially after the first game so they can get a handle on things from the beginning.