Assistants to Join TJ

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
McWave
High Tide

Any "reliable" rumors regarding assistants TJ may be targeting? Jake Gautreau would be nice but I'd like to see a strong pitching assistant. I believe TJ is more of an offensive/hitting coach. I thought Schloss was the pitching guy when he worked with RJ. The combo of Bougecivic (sp) and Owens was nice in 2005. Having Aubrey in there as well at times was nice as well. I know I am leaving out many but those come to mind. Off the top of my head, I left out Romaro, and another kid who must have had 20+ saves in one year during the late 90's early 00's.

Jonathan
Riptide

No more Jones former players as assistants. They were all a disaster. We need to go nation wide to find the best assistants in the nation.
Pepper
Swell

McWave wrote:Any "reliable" rumors regarding assistants TJ may be targeting? Jake Gautreau would be nice but I'd like to see a strong pitching assistant. I believe TJ is more of an offensive/hitting coach. I thought Schloss was the pitching guy when he worked with RJ. The combo of Bougecivic (sp) and Owens was nice in 2005. Having Aubrey in there as well at times was nice as well. I know I am leaving out many but those come to mind. Off the top of my head, I left out Romaro, and another kid who must have had 20+ saves in one year during the late 90's early 00's.
Joey Charron was a great closer. I'd love to see Gaut back. He's an excellent recruiter.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

TJ hired two coaches today
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I think Giese was the pitching coach at OU at one time....I know nothing about the other coach named
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote:I think Giese was the pitching coach at OU at one time....I know nothing about the other coach named
His resume is impressive, I hope he's on board.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:I think Giese was the pitching coach at OU at one time....I know nothing about the other coach named
His resume is impressive, I hope he's on board.
One big plus for him....He knows how and where to recruit in Texas !!!...without Texas, OU would be Iowa State !!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Hiring coaches and keeping players:

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... e4b13.html
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.