Baseball Coaching Search

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

sader24 wrote:So far as I've been told if the job is offered to Cannizaro he's taking it.
That would be great.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote:
winwave wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:http://www.kaarejohnson.com/iheart-feed/

June 30th show.

At the 1:45ish mark he outright says minority scholarships and endowment size is an issue....he does say stacking isn't an issue but he never says we are equal to Vandy/Rice.

Re-listening I am less bullish overall. Lots of work. The academic stuff is a little much.
He didn't say minority scholarships are an issue. He says before that those riding the stacking horse are wrong and then later says he will look into a minority type program . He goes on and says that Vandy ,Rice and Tulane recruit the same subset of players.
So he brought up the minority scholarship issue in the context of baseball because.......? Are we now trying to gain an advantage over the Rice/Vandy's of the world by talking about minority schollies that are currently not offered or are we in fact catching up? Come on.
The quote from the pitching coach is enough, a guy with no skin in the game at that time said TU is behind but is working to catch up.

TU is still a good job, but still behind the other elite privates cause of endowment and minority schollies. It's obvious imo.
He brought it up to say it is something Rice does that he thinks we can do. Like I said there are differences but not to the level that some here have carried on about for years. That's always been my point. As noted by Lurker we have the legislative scholarships that others don't have. We have TOPS. TD was emphatic that we had the pieces in place to succeed. Also as I noted the Miss. St. coach has no skin in it but he said Tulane has a better scholarship situation than Alabama. Then there is all the other obvious factors such as the candidate pool, the transfers and the return to post season that show that the program is in fact well supported by the school .
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote:
winwave wrote:
Show Me wrote:
winwave wrote:You and yours have painted a picture that the program can't draw good players and coaches b/c of this supposed huge gap. I have always said there is no huge gap. There's not and TD said so. He also emphatically said you and yours are wrong.
Not saying that. All I'm saying is our coaches are at a disadvantage if they are not even. Just as you blame Yulman and Fogelman. In baseball we are at a tuition disadvantage. It doesn't need to be a huge gap.
The impression you and yours have long tried to give is that the program is sunk if we are not exactly even. All the evidence is against you and TD said so . We are getting good coaches, we are getting good players , we are getting transfers and we are back in the post season.

Baseball has all the facilities it needs and the money situation is much better than some have tried to imply. Totally different from football and basketball where the facilities are greatly lacking.
It's never been even. The difference is I'm willing to admit it and support our coaches in their fight. You however are not. As Dannen stated its because of our endowment.
What Dannen stated is that you are wrong. As for me I have always said that the problem is not near the magnitude that you claim it to be and the facts are clear that that is the case. I have always supported the program.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
winwave wrote:

June 30th show.

At the 1:45ish mark he outright says minority scholarships and endowment size is an issue....he does say stacking isn't an issue but he never says we are equal to Vandy/Rice.

Re-listening I am less bullish overall. Lots of work. The academic stuff is a little much.
He didn't say minority scholarships are an issue. He says before that those riding the stacking horse are wrong and then later says he will look into a minority type program . He goes on and says that Vandy ,Rice and Tulane recruit the same subset of players.
So he brought up the minority scholarship issue in the context of baseball because.......? Are we now trying to gain an advantage over the Rice/Vandy's of the world by talking about minority schollies that are currently not offered or are we in fact catching up? Come on.
The quote from the pitching coach is enough, a guy with no skin in the game at that time said TU is behind but is working to catch up.

TU is still a good job, but still behind the other elite privates cause of endowment and minority schollies. It's obvious imo.
He brought it up to say it is something Rice does that he thinks we can do. Like I said there are differences but not to the level that some here have carried on about for years. That's always been my point. As noted by Lurker we have the legislative scholarships that others don't have. We have TOPS. TD was emphatic that we had the pieces in place to succeed. Also as I noted the Miss. St. coach has no skin in it but he said Tulane has a better scholarship situation than Alabama. Then there is all the other obvious factors such as the candidate pool, the transfers and the return to post season that show that the program is in fact well supported by the school .
One bench player with high academics. And Tulane baseball has no say so in who gets them.
https://www2.tulane.edu/government_affa ... 5-2016.pdf
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote:
winwave wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
winwave wrote:

June 30th show.

One bench player with high academics. And Tulane baseball has no say so in who gets them.
This would start to smell like the old Nebraska "County Ride" scholarships, which did not have a "grade point" attached to it..but it seemed like all recipents played sports...that is why many marveled at the Nebraska Walk On Program and how they had 200 kids on the football team...finally the Big 8 schools got sick and tired of it and then Texas and Texas A&M got involved after forming the Big 12...and so did the NCAA..and ever since, Nebraska has just been another "good" team and no where the elite team is was in a not so distant earlier life
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote:
winwave wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
winwave wrote:

June 30th show.

Over the years we have used a ton of them and the coach certainly can influence who gets them. That bench player helped win some games for us this year. This is one reason AC or Riser would make a good coach is that they would have the contacts to utilize this for the program.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote:
Show Me wrote:
winwave wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
winwave wrote:

June 30th show.

Over the years we have used a ton of them and the coach certainly can influence who gets them. That bench player helped win some games for us this year. This is one reason AC or Riser would make a good coach is that they would have the contacts to utilize this for the program.
The good old days of that is gone. Otherwise Pierce would have used them.
Last edited by Show Me on Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

No they are not. The legislators have refused attempts to strip them away from them. That's why I say AC and MR have an advantage of knowing how to navigate that area.
chain gang x man
Swell

http://theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/16316 ... ob-wednesd

Back on track about coaching search
Paul Mainieri talked to TD last week and gave the strongest recommendation for Andy
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Good article. Thanks for the link.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote:No they are not. The legislators have refused attempts to strip them away from them. That's why I say AC and MR have an advantage of knowing how to navigate that area.
None the year before:
http://www2.tulane.edu/government_affai ... 4-2015.pdf
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Like I said we have used them forever and got a ton of them. They can still be had and hopefully our new staff will plug into them.
DrBox
Riptide

Bigschtick wrote:
DrBox wrote:
winwave wrote:With Andy getting the last interview you have to think it looks good for him.
That could work either way, frankly.

Doubt he will leave LSU. Hope I am wrong though there are some great candidates out there.
Of course he'll leave LSU. I just hope we offer.

That as a strong interview by Kaare Johnson. Spends plenty of time with TD and asked some excellent questions. Troy is a glib and a great interviewee. Troy going on a rant about sorry excuses....so refreshing.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Fox 8 had a good interview with RJ on the search. He spoke highly of both Andy and Matt.
Tulane Class of 1981
Profoundwizard
Swell

Anyone thinking Cannizaro won't leave LSU for Tulane needs to have their head examined
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Profoundwizard wrote:Anyone thinking Cannizaro won't leave LSU for Tulane needs to have their head examined
Today is AC's big day !!!...for those needing an exam of the head, may I suggest a frontal Lobotomy or electric shock.. I am told, those doing illegal botox butt injections have expanded into this area as well and a multi service discount may be applied

from the Advocate...no sure if it has been posted
http://theneworleansadvocate.com/sports ... ob-wednesd

from NOLA
http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... iver_index
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

I'm hearing that it is AC's to lose. Short of a belly flop in today's interview, AC will get it. Also, hearing that Gautreau may sign up as Asst. HC. We can only hope.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote:I'm hearing that it is AC's to lose. Short of a belly flop in today's interview, AC will get it. Also, hearing that Gautreau may sign up as Asst. HC. We can only hope.
That would be awesome.
Tulane Class of 1981
Highwave
Low Tide

tpstulane wrote:
HoustonWave wrote:I'm hearing that it is AC's to lose. Short of a belly flop in today's interview, AC will get it. Also, hearing that Gautreau may sign up as Asst. HC. We can only hope.
That would be awesome.
How? It might be awesome for some #tbt posts on the Tulane baseball social media accounts, but hardly seems like the staff TU's program needs/deserves. Has Gautreau even coached since 2014?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Highwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
That would be awesome.
How? It might be awesome for some #tbt posts on the Tulane baseball social media accounts, but hardly seems like the staff TU's program needs/deserves. Has Gautreau even coached since 2014?
He recruited most of the talent on this past regional team. Including Rogers and Alemais. He's currently scouting. He has a great eye for talent and he'd be recruiting coordinator. He knows the Tulane tuition situation and could possibly find workarounds. He was well liked by the current players. Wouldn't know if he'd want the job though since he's been there and done that.
If Andy does get the job I trust that he'll hire guys he's comfortable with that are solid baseball people.
Tulane Class of 1981
Pepper
Swell

I think he would be a great asset.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Pepper wrote:I think he would be a great asset.
IF, AC get's the job....Jake would be an asset....keep him in a primary scouting position.....Need to bring in one hell of a pitching coach...AC can handle the bat's
chain gang x man
Swell

Matt had his interview this morning
Andy's interview is at 3:00
nawlinspete
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:
That would be awesome.
Chirp, chirp tps, adding nothing except your fanning your own ego....
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
nawlinspete
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:
sader24 wrote:So far as I've been told if the job is offered to Cannizaro he's taking it.
That would be great.
Chirp, chirp tps adding nothing....
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .