Fan Advisory Committee

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

TURVS71 wrote:Oh God, just had a dreadful thought!
What if Jts is on the Committee!! We are all doomed!!!!
Could be possible. If he applied his application would go in the "out of state" fan pile which probably had the fewest applicants which would give him a greater chance of being selected. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:
Could be possible. If he applied his application would go in the "out of state" fan pile which probably had the fewest applicants which would give him a greater chance of being selected. :oops: :oops: :oops:

The TD hiring and almost complete clean out of the athletic department shows just how off that clown JTS has been with his support of the Cowen/RD years. Not to mention the subtle shots the new admin has taken at the way the old admin operated. A complete rebuke.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

mbawavefan12 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:

The TD hiring and almost complete clean out of the athletic department shows just how off that clown JTS has been with his support of the Cowen/RD years. Not to mention the subtle shots the new admin has taken at the way the old admin operated. A complete rebuke.
How shocking that with the emergence of TD's team and agenda that JTS/GreenWave is no where to be found.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote:
If he was, it's important that folks who know him speak up. Dannen needs to know when there are folks who edited and deleted Tulane fan feedback and covered/lied for Dickson and those folks certainly cannot be allowed to give further input.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

BTW, this whole thread is hilarious.

1) You know when telemarketers call or you see a pop-up on a web page asking you to take a survey and you either hang up or close the pop up window out of disgust? Well it's hilarious to see so many people angry because they can't take the survey. That's really all this is.

2) This is another result of the unhealthy dynamic of the past 15 years. People are so desperate to be heard that they are arguing over who gets to volunteer.

3) If it were me picking the "committee"? I would choose no one over the age of 40. I would choose LSU fans who live in NOLA. I would choose students who don't bother to walk 2 blocks to the stadium for games. I would definitely not choose any Greenbackers or regular forum posters. These aren't the opinions that matter for this exercise. The goal of this committee is to learn about fan behaviors and attitudes, this isn't some purity test that if you pass you get some golden ticket. If the process is successful, it will inform Dannen how to reach and bring new fans into the program.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I don't think this is about how to bring new fans in. I think this is about how to better handle their business w/regards to their current fans. I don't really think it's all that big a deal which is why I am surprised at the vitriol surrounding this. I applied b/c I want to help in any way big or small to help Tulane athletics get better. As for how to try to lure new fans I am sure TD knows what that entails: WINNING CONSISTENTLY AGAINST QUALITY OPPOSSITION. He's doing those things.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
sader24
Tsunami

Winning is 95% of the equation. I would assume this committee is about how to maximize that winning when it happens in terms of fan experience, marketing, pricing, etc. I haven't seen anything that vitriolic on here. Like I said, I think it's good there are people who still want to be involved after the Dickson/Cowen/JTS era. Passion is better than indifference.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Here's the irony of why some are upset. A few longtime booster club members went to the previous administration with a similar proposal. We volunteered to start a Fan Committee that would bring suggestions on how to improve the gameday fan experience. We were told that it was a great idea and they'd let us know something in the future. No one was contacted about it. Finally when we got that email requesting volunteers we thought that was our proposal and that naturally some of our members would be selected. When no members were selected many people naturally got upset. We wrote a letter to Brandon Macneill asking for an explanation as to why none of our members were accepted. And by the way we do have new members in their 20's that applied.
Like I said before it's a good idea and long overdue. I glad some from here are on the committee. I'm glad TD implemented it.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

The one thing we all know is that if Rick Dickson started this committee, it would only have his supporters on board. They'd be giving him all sorts of accolades, and nothing would get done.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote:The one thing we all know is that if Rick Dickson started this committee, it would only have his supporters on board. They'd be giving him all sorts of accolades, and nothing would get done.
Ain't that da truth...has there been an RD sighting in the last month ?
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:The one thing we all know is that if Rick Dickson started this committee, it would only have his supporters on board. They'd be giving him all sorts of accolades, and nothing would get done.
Ain't that da truth...has there been an RD sighting in the last month ?
A friend of mine told me he was seen dragging a big garbage bag crossing Freret St.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
nawlinspete
Riptide

winwave wrote:I don't think this is about how to bring new fans in. I think this is about how to better handle their business w/regards to their current fans. I don't really think it's all that big a deal which is why I am surprised at the vitriol surrounding this. I applied b/c I want to help in any way big or small to help Tulane athletics get better. As for how to try to lure new fans I am sure TD knows what that entails: WINNING CONSISTENTLY AGAINST QUALITY OPPOSSITION. He's doing those things.

"This" is all about bring new fans in. Fans attend games game in and game out.

If your only imput is going to be "just win and all will be fine" you need to resign now and hopefully you will be replaced with someone more thoughtful and insightful.
Last edited by nawlinspete on Fri May 20, 2016 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Even worse would be he and his co-dicktator Dave Browning. He actually banned more people than jts. He proudly proclaimed how he didn't care about the first amendment or our warriors who gave their lives to give us that right. He disappeared for a few years from that site. Then he re-appeared late in football season when people were violating their rule about not talking about firing coaches during the season. When a poster challenged him he had a total meltdown. He posted about how he had all the power and posters had none. He disappeared again shortly after. Of course being the hypocrite he is he still post here. Every time someone posts about jts they should lump him right in w/him. Those two along w/ SC/RD destroyed our program over all these years.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

winwave wrote:
Even worse would be he and his co-dicktator Dave Browning. He actually banned more people than jts. He proudly proclaimed how he didn't care about the first amendment or our warriors who gave their lives to give us that right. He disappeared for a few years from that site. Then he re-appeared late in football season when people were violating their rule about not talking about firing coaches during the season. When a poster challenged him he had a total meltdown. He posted about how he had all the power and posters had none. He disappeared again shortly after. Of course being the hypocrite he is he still post here. Every time someone posts about jts they should lump him right in w/him. Those two along w/ SC/RD destroyed our program over all these years.
I think this is actually important feedback for Dannen. Dannen understands social media and would understand the impact of spending 15 years banning and deleting a large number of fans. As we know, we aren't talking about moderators "cleaning up" questionable posts but mass censorship and a significant effort to cover for SC/RD lies. You are correct in pointing out this is a non-trivial contributor to our current problems.
chain gang x man
Swell

What's the latest on the Advisory Committee ?
Is the stacking or not to stack in regard to scholarships a topic for this committee to bring up for discussion ?
nawlinspete
Riptide

Are the out of town members being reimbursed for air fare, hotel, and or meals ? Are there back up members who will sit in incase a member has to resign, ala juries having back up jurors ?

Hopefully the first meeting will flush out the Facilities Report promised for this month.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
DrBox
Riptide

winwave wrote:
Even worse would be he and his co-dicktator Dave Browning. He actually banned more people than jts. He proudly proclaimed how he didn't care about the first amendment or our warriors who gave their lives to give us that right. He disappeared for a few years from that site. Then he re-appeared late in football season when people were violating their rule about not talking about firing coaches during the season. When a poster challenged him he had a total meltdown.
That's because he has no power over there. He relinquished that site to JTS a decade ago. He started acting like he was the owner last fall, and tried to push people around for criticizing Dickson...ironic considering a simple search will reveal many posts where he blasts Dickson (back around the time Scelfo was fired and he lost his field access for picture snapping). But Dickson gave him back his access, so buddies again.

I respect JTS because he did let anyone who wanted back to come back and because he actually does support the program with his wallet. And because I know him and I like him. And as win pointed out, most of the banning was done by Dave.
And last fall, when CJ and Dickson were collapsing, JTS let things alone...Dave tried to, closed a few threads, but it didn't have any effect.
Last edited by DrBox on Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DrBox wrote:
winwave wrote:
Even worse would be he and his co-dicktator Dave Browning. He actually banned more people than jts. He proudly proclaimed how he didn't care about the first amendment or our warriors who gave their lives to give us that right. He disappeared for a few years from that site. Then he re-appeared late in football season when people were violating their rule about not talking about firing coaches during the season. When a poster challenged him he had a total meltdown.
That's because he has no power over there. He relinquished that site to JTS a decade ago. He started acting like he was the owner last fall, and tried to push people around for criticizing Dickson...ironic considering a simple search will reveal many posts where he blasts Dickson (back around the time Scelfo was fired and he lost his field access for picture snapping). But Dickson gave him back his access, so buddies again.
Agree w/most of what you say there but he actually asserted some power when the calls for CJ's firings started. He deleted post left and right. Then he had the melt down and then disappeared.
DrBox
Riptide

winwave wrote:
DrBox wrote:
winwave wrote:
Agree w/most of what you say there but he actually asserted some power when the calls for CJ's firings started. He deleted post left and right. Then he had the melt down and then disappeared.
yes he's moderator. And he was very aggressive last fall, while the other guys (incl JTS) were not.
RobertM320
Green Wave

DrBox wrote:
winwave wrote:
DrBox wrote:
winwave wrote:
yes he's moderator. And he was very aggressive last fall, while the other guys (incl JTS) were not.
Which is when I got banned from there a second time. Not going to bother registering again. :)
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Sounds like another team with ties to the color Green we may know of...

http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2016/ ... 1462238976
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !