Fan Advisory Committee

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
sader24
Tsunami

Did anyone on here get selected? I didn't make the cut apparently.

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

sader24 wrote:Did anyone on here get selected? I didn't make the cut apparently.
No here. You make it 0-5 for Greenbackers that applied. Lol.
So far everyone I know that applied didn't make the cut.
The committee is probably just a way to stroke the egos of the big donors so they feel more important and more willing to donate more. We're the average loyal to a fault fans, not as valuable.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
TURVS71
Swell

That's ok. Stick with the true Fan Advisory Committee, GOTULA! We know how to get things done!!
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

TURVS71 wrote:That's ok. Stick with the true Fan Advisory Committee, GOTULA! We know how to get things done!!
Plus one from me !!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Show Me
Tsunami

Just in, Rick Dickson, Scott Cowen and Jonathan/Pete made the cut. :o
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote:Just in, Rick Dickson, Scott Cowen and Jonathan/Pete made the cut. :o

Please say it aint so!

I heard GreenWave was on it too, but then again, he and Rick Dickson have never been seen in the same place at the same time...
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote:
Show Me wrote:Just in, Rick Dickson, Scott Cowen and Jonathan/Pete made the cut. :o

Please say it aint so!

I heard GreenWave was on it too, but then again, he and Rick Dickson have never been seen in the same place at the same time...
at present I am somewhat disappointed... I was really hoping a true cross section of alumni and everyday fans would be selected
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
nawlinspete
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:
sader24 wrote:Did anyone on here get selected? I didn't make the cut apparently.
No here. You make it 0-5 for Greenbackers that applied. Lol.
So far everyone I know that applied didn't make the cut.
The committee is probably just a way to stroke the egos of the big donors so they feel more important and more willing to donate more. We're the average loyal to a fault fans, not as valuable.
No special privileges; tps on suicide watch.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:

Please say it aint so!

at present I am somewhat disappointed... I was really hoping a true cross section of alumni and everyday fans would be selected
That's fine. Bottom line is win and fans will be happy. I'll be there thick and thin.
Tulane Class of 1981
Bearwave
High Tide

If Johnny isn't on it, it's a bogus committee. No fan more loyal than him.
Bears are Ready to Rhule! Sic'em
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Bearwave wrote:If Johnny isn't on it, it's a bogus committee. No fan more loyal than him.
Big Mike an alum, president of a booster club, holder and attender of 5 different sports season tickets, 40 years in football didn't make the cut as a fan. Lol.
Funny I got an email right after that from Tulane asking me to join the closed group for the class of 1981 HC committee. I declined.
Tulane Class of 1981
sader24
Tsunami

How in the hell did he not make the cut? Literally every player, fan, coach, and non fan knows who he is.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

sader24 wrote:How in the hell did he not make the cut? Literally every player, fan, coach, and non fan knows who he is.
Exactly. He's not "fan" worthy I guess. Lol
It kills any credibility not selecting him.
Tulane Class of 1981
LSU Law Greenie
Surge

Maybe he didn't make the cut because they already know what he thinks and it's not like he doesn't have access to give suggestions. Just a thought.
My name is T J Acosta and I approve this message!
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

First time I've heard about this fan advisory committee. I've been getting more mail from LSU asking me to donate and informing me of what's going on with LSU athletics than my own alma mater, and the kicker is I never even attended a class at LSU....
winwave
Top of the WAVE

LSU Law Greenie wrote:Maybe he didn't make the cut because they already know what he thinks and it's not like he doesn't have access to give suggestions. Just a thought.
I was thinking the same thing. Same could be true for tps. As for me I will be proudly representing gotula.net on the board .
Last edited by winwave on Tue May 17, 2016 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote:
LSU Law Greenie wrote:Maybe he didn't make the cut because they already know what he thinks and it's not like he doesn't have access to give suggestions. Just a thought.
I was thinking the same thing. Same could be true for tps. As for me I will be proudly representing this fine board .
This means if there's anything you need to vote on, you're going to put up a poll here first, right?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:
winwave wrote:
I was thinking the same thing. Same could be true for tps. As for me I will be proudly representing this fine board .
This means if there's anything you need to vote on, you're going to put up a poll here first, right?
Of course. :mrgreen:
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:First time I've heard about this fan advisory committee. I've been getting more mail from LSU asking me to donate and informing me of what's going on with LSU athletics than my own alma mater, and the kicker is I never even attended a class at LSU....
Then you have a lot in common with many an LSU Athlete!

:lol: :roll: :mrgreen: :lol:
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Surprised that so far all of the fans I spoke to at the game tonight have been rejected. One in the Hall of Fame with his number retired. The first problem with the committee is that the first meeting is scheduled the same day as our Conf tournament. Brilliant scheduling there.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Is Rick Dickson in charge of the whole committee process? That would explain a lot.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:Is Rick Dickson in charge of the whole committee process? That would explain a lot.
Lol
Super Greenie Gal fan Fergie got cut as well.
Tulane Class of 1981
LSU Law Greenie
Surge

Full disclosure, I got selected for the committee as well.
My name is T J Acosta and I approve this message!
austxwave
High Tide

Not selected; figured my 24 years working in sports would be an advantage, but in hindsight, I guess it was a hinderance.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

LSU Law Greenie wrote:Full disclosure, I got selected for the committee as well.
Congrats.