Wave #20 in Baseball America Poll

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
TURVS71
Swell

Now, let's stay in and climb ....shoot for a Regional Host!

'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Flawed poll if they have USM at #14 ahead of us.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:Flawed poll if they have USM at #14 ahead of us.

Not really, you can't look at baseball in the strict context of head to head, especially considering those were mid week games, IMHO. USM has a far superior RPI. I suppose we should be ahead of LSU seeing how we beat them on the road? Maybe we shouldn't be ranked cause of the series loss to Cinci?

Frankly I am surprised we are even ranked, shows the respect the program still has nationally.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote:

Not really, you can't look at baseball in the strict context of head to head, especially considering those were mid week games, IMHO. USM has a far superior RPI. I suppose we should be ahead of LSU seeing how we beat them on the road? Maybe we shouldn't be ranked cause of the series loss to Cinci?

Frankly I am surprised we are even ranked, shows the respect the program still has nationally.
I know that. And RPI is different. We beat USM like a drum twice I saw them in person both games. They are not the 14th best baseball team in the country. The BA poll is bad. The D1 poll is a more accurate poll IMO. SELA is a better team than USM. LSU is overrated this year.
http://www.d1baseball.com/rankings/d1ba ... -april-25/
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:

I know that. And RPI is different. We beat USM like a drum twice I saw them in person both games. They are not the 14th best baseball team in the country. The BA poll is bad. The D1 poll is a more accurate poll IMO. SELA is a better team than USM. LSU is overrated this year.
http://www.d1baseball.com/rankings/d1ba ... -april-25/
College baseball polls are the most subjective of all the college sports because you have a totally different team depending on the SP. Same with college baseball RPI's.....I think D1 has the best poll as well. BA seems to really lean towards the baseball blue bloods.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

TURVS71 wrote:Now, let's stay in and climb ....shoot for a Regional Host!
+1. We are #22 in the D1 poll. Another big week for us that provides a great opportunity to really elevate our national profile. Let's get it done.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.