Tulane sweeps LSU 4-1 at Turchin

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Did I see Tricky Rick D sitting down low wearing a sky blue sweater?

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Pepper
Swell

Terrible call by Chapman to give LSU its 1st run.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Wave755
Tsunami

Wave Sweeps LSWho!!!

A One, A Two, A Helluva Hullabaloo
A Hullabaloo Ray Ray
A Hullabaloo Ray Ray
Hooray-Hooray Vars Vars Tee Ay
Tee Ay, Tee Ay Vars Vars Tee Ay
Tulane!

Roll Wave Roll!!!
JDTulane
Riptide

Roll damn Wave!!
GreenLantern
Riptide

Sweet. Now let's imagine this happening with LSU football.

#RollWave
nawlinspete
Riptide

The CBS broadcast crew at tonight's game was appalling; they must have mentioned at least a dozen times LSU's national ranking and never once mentioned our ranking.

They repeatedly talked about LSU having what it takes to get to the WS but never opined about whether we were worthy. As it became more apparent that we were likely to win they doubled up on how great LSU was, again never discussing us.

Who says not being in one of the Power Five conferences is irrelevant... oh to be in the SEC, BIG XII....

A completely biased broadcast that repeatedly inferred that the game was meaningless for LSU and "life or death" for us.

Grrr....
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Great night at the ball park. JP took care of business w/another great outing against a tough line-up. We played well all the way around.

Dunleavy stole the show by throwing out a basketball for the first pitch. Threw a strike w/it. WTG MD.

Sadly WF gets his first black mark. He was there but he did not wear a Tulane shirt. In fact he had no green on at all. Come on coach you know better. :mrgreen:
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
netshorty
Surge

hmmm, i watched the telecast and while I found the commentary to be amateurish, i didn't hear the overwhelming bias you mention...
lurker123
Swell

winwave wrote:Great night at the ball park. JP took care of business w/another great outing against a tough line-up. We played well all the way around.

Dunleavy stole the show by throwing out a basketball for the first pitch. Threw a strike w/it. WTG MD.

Sadly WF gets his first black mark. He was there but he did not wear a Tulane shirt. In fact he had no green on at all. Come on coach you know better. :mrgreen:
The shirt might have had a lowkey TU emblem somewhere but I couldn't see it either. He came to the game. He interacted easily with the crowd and football fans and did not hide behind an entourage. Great great leadership from him. He scored a ten on my card.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

lurker123 wrote:
winwave wrote:Great night at the ball park. JP took care of business w/another great outing against a tough line-up. We played well all the way around.

The shirt might have had a lowkey TU emblem somewhere but I couldn't see it either. He came to the game. He interacted easily with the crowd and football fans and did not hide behind an entourage. Great great leadership from him. He scored a ten on my card.
Did you notice the green smiley? :mrgreen:
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
lurker123
Swell

winwave wrote:
lurker123 wrote:

Did you notice the green smiley? :mrgreen:
Point taken. A nice emotional win. I guess I'm blinded by the the shock and awe of having a staff that cares about promoting all Tulane sports and extras like TUMB. I'm now willing to be MLTN that WF and the football team somehow show up to support the Women's Club Rugby team when it plays for the national championship in a few weeks.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Houma de Wave
Swell

Jake Rogers had one helluva game. I couldn't believe they had Fraley attempt a steal. Jake nailed him a t second.
TURVS71
Swell

Was privileged to witness that ole lsu fan behavior again last night!
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
Houma de Wave
Swell

Coach Fritz sat just a few folks away from me. He did indeed have on a gray Shrt with the Tulane logo on it. It was great to see him at the game.
Pepper
Swell

I thought the broadcast was definitely amateurish. LSU continues to live on reputation which is why those clowns gave them so much coverage. I'm just happy the game was televised.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

TURVS71 wrote:Was privileged to witness that ole lsu fan behavior again last night!
Yep!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:5-1 against the top 20:

http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... iver_index

Lenny the Tiger's take from sportsnola
http://sportsnola.com/tulane-jp-france- ... ay-vs-lsu/
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
JDTulane
Riptide

JP France:
“I’ve been going to Tulane games since I was 5 or 6,” France said. “It’s huge beating the Tigers. It’s a big win.”

Then he paused and added, “Two big wins.”
:mrgreen:
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Pepper wrote:I thought the broadcast was definitely amateurish. LSU continues to live on reputation which is why those clowns gave them so much coverage. I'm just happy the game was televised.
I went in person but recorded the game. My wife turned down the sound and listened to Graff on the call. I'm with you on the reputation part but if we're playing anyone else that game is not on national TV. The facts are we have the better team this year.
Tulane Class of 1981
Pepper
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
Pepper wrote:I thought the broadcast was definitely amateurish. LSU continues to live on reputation which is why those clowns gave them so much coverage. I'm just happy the game was televised.
I went in person but recorded the game. My wife turned down the sound and listened to Graff on the call. I'm with you on the reputation part but if we're playing anyone else that game is not on national TV. The facts are we have the better team this year.
Agree totally. I did hear the announcers say they will be televising our series at Houston.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:Even more dominant tonight:

http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com/sp ... s-lsu-bats
a pre game...with a mention of when the game was played in the superdome, which many youngsters do not know was built to also attrack a major league team

http://theneworleansadvocate.com/sports ... in-stadium
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Pepper wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Agree totally. I did hear the announcers say they will be televising our series at Houston.
Great!
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:
Pepper wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Great!
+1