Articles on Willie Fritz

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
RobertM320
Green Wave

A no-nonsense guy for sure. Is it September Yet?

http://footballscoop.com/news/willie-fr ... ts-an-art/

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I am posting this here, only because Fritz's name is mentioned

https://athlonsports.com/college-footba ... aches-2016
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

golfnut69 wrote:I am posting this here, only because Fritz's name is mentioned

Interesting article. They ranked all 128 coaches. Fritz is all the way up at #53.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:I am posting this here, only because Fritz's name is mentioned

Interesting article. They ranked all 128 coaches. Fritz is all the way up at #53.
He is ranked #2 of the new 28 coaches recently hired. Graded an A+ hire.
https://athlonsports.com/college-footba ... hires-2016
2. Willie Fritz, Tulane
Previous Job: Georgia Southern Head Coach
Career Record: 154-69 (Central Missouri, SHSU, Georgia Southern)

Fritz doesn’t have the national recognition of a Mark Richt or Kirby Smart, but Tulane is one of the biggest winners in the coaching carousel by landing the former Georgia Southern coach. Fritz has been a proven winner throughout his career, with 193 victories over four different stops. He worked at Blinn College from 1993-96, Central Missouri from 1997-2009 and Sam Houston State (2010-13) before landing at Georgia Southern and helping the program make a successful transition to the FBS level. Under Fritz’s watch, the Eagles went 17-7 and lost only two conference games in two years. Fritz also guided Sam Houston State to two appearances in the FCS title game. The American Athletic Conference’s West Division is tough – Houston, Tulsa, SMU, Memphis and Navy – but Tulane has the right coach in place to compete with the rest of the division.

Final Grade: A+
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

Yes, but he's also #53 in the overall list, ahead of some coaches that were pretty hot commodities this last coaching hire cycle. He's listed ahead of Tuberville at Cincy, Frost at UCF, Brohm at W.Ky, and Ruhle at Temple.
Last edited by RobertM320 on Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:Yes, but he's also #53 in the overall list, ahead of some coaches that were pretty hot commodities this last coaching hire cycle.
He has to win this year to keep or move up from that status.
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:Yes, but he's also #53 in the overall list, ahead of some coaches that were pretty hot commodities this last coaching hire cycle.
He has to win this year to keep or move up from that status.
That's the impression I get. A lot of the coaches at the very bottom could be good, but haven't been a head coach before. I guess over the years you move up or down depending on how you produce.
Show Me
Tsunami

Thanks for posting Robert and it was great article.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks for the link.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Mines the old link from March. Thank golfnut for posting the athlon link.
RobertM320
Green Wave

I think this is a local blog.

http://bigeasybeliever.com/2016/07/07/f ... at-tulane/
Willie Fritz has a specific plan that he has used for 16 years.

The plans are like blueprints to a winning team. Fritz has done it over and over again everywhere. Tulane fans will have a reason to hope. The fans will eventually come around to certainty when the W’s start coming.

This is certainty. Fritz winning at Tulane will happen………
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks for the link.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:Thanks for the link.
I opened this posted link...VIRUS ALERT !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

Nut, its because you clicked on the word link in winwave's post. Use the link in the original post.

This is one of the things I really don't like about the infolinks ads. It creates links out of all kinds of meaningless words. Steve, I know you have to monetize the site, but couldn't you just use Google Adsense ads instead?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:Nut, its because you clicked on the word link in winwave's post. Use the link in the original post.

This is one of the things I really don't like about the infolinks ads. It creates links out of all kinds of meaningless words. Steve, I know you have to monetize the site, but couldn't you just use Google Adsense ads instead?
Robert...Thank you for the info... it is really appreciated !!!!
wave97
Swell

How nice will it be to observe in-game and half-time adjustments by this coaching staff? Just think how our defense will respond to our offense sustaining drives of more than three plays while eating up time.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It will be fun!
Jonathan
Riptide

Great article. We have a great head coach.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

This will be one of the best "conditioned" Teams since Jim Pittman and Bennie Ellender
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:
This will be one of the best "conditioned" Teams since Jim Pittman and Bennie Ellender
Bowden also
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
Bowden also
No doubt. They will be a well bonded team too due to his methods.