Furman Series

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Hopefully we get some of these games in:

http://www.tulanegreenwave.com/sports/m ... 16aaa.html

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bearwave
High Tide

Breakfast at the ballpark Sunday! Might get one in Saturday night if weather moves as predicted, then early DH Sunday could work depending on flight schedules. Breakfast at the ballpark Sunday!
Bears are Ready to Rhule! Sic'em
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Ahhh the Paladins..."Have Gun, Will Travel" ....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
chain gang x man
Swell

http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com/sp ... ost-furman

Interesting that relief pitching is so bad that Coach Pierce is looking to have Montalbano throw relief. He hasn't pitched since high school.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

chain gang x man wrote:http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com/sp ... ost-furman

Interesting that relief pitching is so bad that Coach Pierce is looking to have Montalbano throw relief. He hasn't pitched since high school.
Good article. No doubt it's the bullpen that's holding us back.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

chain gang x man wrote:http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com/sp ... ost-furman

I am checking my transcipts to see if i have any eligibility left...if I do, I can join the team when they get to Austin...If I get hurt,will the Tulane Hospital- Doctors take my Medi Care card and Humana Supplement insurance ?
Last edited by golfnut69 on Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
swampnik
Surge

Would Trevor Simms or JP France be good in relief?
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
winwave
Top of the WAVE

swampnik wrote:Would Trevor Simms or JP France be good in relief?
Simms has been good in relief. He gave us 3 really good innings to win the ULL game. France started b/c it was a 5 game week. Otherwise he has been used in relief. He has good stuff but has been inconsistent as he comes back from injury. As CDP said we have lost 2 games trying to build the bullpen. It's what good coaches do as they realize that while it might cost a couple of games early it will have a much bigger payoff the rest of the season. We have to hope it works out that way.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
chain gang x man
Swell

Coach Pierce didn't sugar coat it
chain gang x man
Swell

When Hunter Williams returns I would not be surprised to see "Spoon" pitch some relief. A good throwing left hander
He did some pitching during practice scrimmage
RobertM320
Green Wave

Wave leads 5-3, top of the seventh. Four errors again tonight for Tulane.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

Now 10-3 Wave, after seven. Montalbano moves to the mound to start the eighth.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
GreenLantern
Riptide

Great night to be a Tulane fan!
Houma de Wave
Swell

We're at the baseball game with the "throngs" of fans and this was a tight game when we got the news on the basketball win. Then, we broke open this one! It has been a great night to be a Tulane fan. 11-6 over and out!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Nice start to the weekend. Enjoying the power display.
VerdeGeaux
Low Tide

I'll be happy when hunter Williams is back. These freshman are killing us defensively. I'm definitely questioning pierce and the recent lineups. How in the hell can you keep Cade Edwards on the field and bump wilsey, one of our top power bats and best defensive infielders?!!! Hopefully we get good news with alemais but I'm not betting on it.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Wave takes the second game, 10-6. A battle all the way. Good to see the power still there. Several doubles, a triple and a homer, not a bad day.
Houma de Wave
Swell

VerdeGeaux wrote:I'll be happy when hunter Williams is back. These freshman are killing us defensively. I'm definitely questioning pierce and the recent lineups. How in the hell can you keep Cade Edwards on the field and bump wilsey, one of our top power bats and best defensive infielders?!!! Hopefully we get good news with alemais but I'm not betting on it.
Willsey is struggling at the plate after a great start and Edwards makes things happen...walked twice and got a single, scored 3 runs. Willsey will get his chances to recoup. Hang in there. DP knows what he is doing.
chain gang x man
Swell

VerdeGeaux wrote:I'll be happy when hunter Williams is back. These freshman are killing us defensively. I'm definitely questioning pierce and the recent lineups. How in the hell can you keep Cade Edwards on the field and bump wilsey, one of our top power bats and best defensive infielders?!!! Hopefully we get good news with alemais but I'm not dbetting on it.
Williams was having his problems at the plate also but he is better defensively
When he and Alemais come back DP will have some options
Spoon can play leftfield moving Carthon to centerfield
Alemais goes back to short and Edwards moves to second

Willsey started off good but has fallen into a terrible slump. I'm not sure the HR's he hit were a good thing. He looks like he is swinging for the fences all the time now.
VerdeGeaux
Low Tide

I choose defense over offense everytime. Edwards is killing us in the field. He shouldn't be anywhere in the infield! Wilsey is the better option. Yes he is struggling but the team has more than made up for his struggles at the plate. Edwards cost us another run yesterday. He just doesn't have the range nor the arm for d1 middle infield...his bat has been good but at what cost? Again, hopefully we get our old infield back and move spoon to left.
VerdeGeaux
Low Tide

Btw- I thought Braud played very well at SS! Good for him.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Another dominant performance by our starting pitching. Its 8-0 now, bottom of the seventh. Gibbs has given up only two hits and a walk through seven, and has retired the last 14 batters he has faced. Another weekend sweep for the Wave is on the horizon!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

WTG Wave! This was a team we should sweep and we did. It's easier said than done so good job guys.
chain gang x man
Swell

Fantastic day at the ball park. Beautiful weather, great pitching performance by Gibbs and Matt Braud gets his first hit a HOME RUN The Jesuit connection.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

chain gang x man wrote:Fantastic day at the ball park. Beautiful weather, great pitching performance by Gibbs and Matt Braud gets his first hit a HOME RUN The Jesuit connection.
an HR ?!?!?....Holy TPS !!!!!.......it looks like the Paladins did not bring the big gun on this trip, I see no sign of Richard Boone playing in any game