ULL Game Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12648
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:21 pm



High School Stadium Gets You High School Football
cajunfanatico
Swell
Posts: 1131
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:10 am
Status: Offline

Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:54 pm

Should be a fun game tomorrow evening, hope the weather doesn't do this one in. I give the Wave the edge with your bats and home field advantage. This Cajun team if playing a lot like last year's at this point in the season, decent pitching but too many errors, still tinkering with the lineup to find the optimum combination, and hitting that is, well, hit or miss.

Who's Coach Pierce going to start on the mound?
Jonathan: I have nothing now to complain about on any TU coaches.
BC Wave
Surge
Posts: 802
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:40 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:06 pm

Freshman Ross Massey should start.
We also could see new freshman Cade Edwards at SS as Alemais is dealing with a separated shoulder.

Rest of the lineup looks set:
C- Rogers
1b - Witherspoon (fr) lhb/t
2b - Willsey
3b - Hope
LF - Carthon
CF - Brown
RF - Kaplan
DH - Montalbano (transfer)
cajunfanatico
Swell
Posts: 1131
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:10 am
Status: Offline

Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:14 pm

BC Wave wrote:Freshman Ross Massey should start.
We also could see new freshman Cade Edwards at SS as Alemais is dealing with a separated shoulder.

Rest of the lineup looks set:
C- Rogers
1b - Witherspoon (fr) lhb/t
2b - Willsey
3b - Hope
LF - Carthon
CF - Brown
RF - Kaplan
DH - Montalbano (transfer)
Thanks BC. Looks like we'll start our usual mid-week guy (was in last year's weekend rotation), Evan Guillory. He pitched against LaTech and McNeese, both were Cajun losses, but didn't get much help from Cajun batters.
Jonathan: I have nothing now to complain about on any TU coaches.
Highwave
Low Tide
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:06 am
Status: Offline

Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:12 am

This is a good opportunity for Tulane to pick off a top 25 opponent. The Cajuns have played poorly on the road - particularly in midweek road games. Hopefully we can keep up the momentum from this past weekend and jump on them early.
VerdeGeaux
Low Tide
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:52 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:15 pm

Anyone know if the game tonight will be streamed? Anyway to watch for non-residents?
Mandeville Wave
High Tide
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:15 am
Status: Offline

Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:05 pm

VerdeGeaux wrote:Anyone know if the game tonight will be streamed? Anyway to watch for non-residents?
Or Residents with Directv?
BC Wave
Surge
Posts: 802
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:40 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:06 pm

It is not listed on all access so I surmise it's not being streamed.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 18015
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:33 pm

CST only on Charter on the Northshore Ch 815 and Cox Ch 1037 on the Southshore. Not on Direct TV or AT&T. UNO game on Wed is also on CST should it be played.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12648
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:11 pm

It will be on ESPN3.
High School Stadium Gets You High School Football
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 18015
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:25 pm

winwave wrote:It will be on ESPN3.
Ok. But I thought it was blacked out here.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12648
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:21 pm

tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:It will be on ESPN3.
Ok. But I thought it was blacked out here.
It is but the posters above were asking if those who weren't locals could get it streaming somewhere.
High School Stadium Gets You High School Football
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 18015
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:35 pm

winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:It will be on ESPN3.
Ok. But I thought it was blacked out here.
It is but the posters above were asking if those who weren't locals could get it streaming somewhere.
OK that's true thanks
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
User avatar
chain gang x man
Swell
Posts: 1051
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 2:02 pm
Location: Destrehan
Contact:
Status: Offline

Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:03 pm

Alemais out again tonight
DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 6417
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:58 pm

Great stream, strong signal producing HD quality video.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
Houma de Wave
Swell
Posts: 1355
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:53 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:21 pm

5-3 win over ULL. We're 8-4. Trevor Simms is 3-0. Good win. Kaplan's and Montalbano's HR's were huge!
User avatar
GreenLantern
Swell
Posts: 1722
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:41 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:45 pm

Some wins are more fun than others. This was particularly satisfying.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12648
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:47 pm

Very good win. We are hitting for average and power. The starting pitching is excellent and the relief pitching is rounding into form. Great night at the Ball Park.

The only disappointing aspect was the small crowd. I was told by someone in charge they were expecting a near sell-out crowd and they had extra vendors working the stands and extra beer stands open on the concourse. Damn the weather scare.
High School Stadium Gets You High School Football
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 18015
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:43 pm

winwave wrote:Very good win. We are hitting for average and power. The starting pitching is excellent and the relief pitching is rounding into form. Great night at the Ball Park.

The only disappointing aspect was the small crowd. I was told by someone in charge they were expecting a near sell-out crowd and they had extra vendors working the stands and extra beer stands open on the concourse. Damn the weather scare.
+1
Being on TV made it easy to stay home as well.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
exflash
High Tide
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:36 am
Status: Offline

Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:17 am

Well congrats....Cajuns not there yet.... No doubt (well I hoe) that tv and weather kept the crowd down.....I was sitting with a former TU players dad and another former player...I said the bunt was coming and then the next pitch is the rocket to lField....Nice to be at a visiting venue without the purple and gold asshole mentality.
dpm wave
Surge
Posts: 964
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:43 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:37 am

exflash wrote:Well congrats....Cajuns not there yet.... No doubt (well I hoe) that tv and weather kept the crowd down.....I was sitting with a former TU players dad and another former player...I said the bunt was coming and then the next pitch is the rocket to lField....Nice to be at a visiting venue without the purple and gold a**hole mentality.
Here to say thanks and hoping a rivalry continues to develop.
Wanted to get in before JonaPete chimed in.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 18015
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:41 pm

phpBB [video]
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
ccap05
High Tide
Posts: 472
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:48 am
Status: Offline

Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:50 pm

TPS TULANE- Great highlights, thanks for posting.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami
Posts: 5217
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:17 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:31 pm

Great highlights.

RPI up to 57.

So is Alameis have a separation or what?

Follow me on this, RPI for baseball is a little bit of a misrepresentation. Unlike other sports where you face the same team (barring injuries) that others face, in baseball you face a different pitcher every night. This has a particular effect during mid week games where some teams save their best pitching (both starters and relievers) or do the opposite and burn pitching looking for a big win. For example, LA Tech decided to throw their #1 against LSU last night which drastically changes the quality of the LA Tech team on that night but LSU gets no extra credit. Just something I wanted to get off my chest.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 18015
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:32 pm

ccap05 wrote:TPS TULANE- Great highlights, thanks for posting.
Image
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Post Reply