2016 Tulane Volleyball finishes with 18 wins

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
localvb
High Tide

Been waiting to see more on the website about the new coaches and team. Enjoyed reading this Q/A with Coach Barnes. He see's the big picture. Hearing great things from the Tulane community and players about the change.

http://www.tulanegreenwave.com/sports/w ... 16aab.html

localvb
High Tide

Just read on Twitter:
Tulane played their 2nd scrimmage of the spring today. They played 2 matches against McNeese State and won both. So that's 4-0 so far this Spring. Looks like they played without 3 of their best players who were gone playing on the Beach VB team, so that's pretty impressive even though it was McNeese.
localvb
High Tide

Tulane VB finished up their final Scrimmage of the spring going 7-1. Just as I expected there has been an immediate change. The team is set for a big season this Fall! I think all three new coaches will make big changes. My money is on Volleyball making the biggest jump in 2016/2017.
alumniwave
Low Tide

localvb wrote:Tulane VB finished up their final Scrimmage of the spring going 7-1. Just as I expected there has been an immediate change. The team is set for a big season this Fall! I think all three new coaches will make big changes. My money is on Volleyball making the biggest jump in 2016/2017.
Can't argue with that. Although more money will flow if football/basketball have big years but I agree VB could have the fastest improvements. Just the excitement among the base is a good sign for Tulane. This could be the beginning of a Phoenix type rise for Tulane Athletics. It appears they are thinking progressive now and doing whatever it takes to help the teams and coaches to compete. Can't do things the old way anymore!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
localvb
High Tide

Interesting story. I ran into a current player today and she was wearing the teams new practice shirt. On the back was a quote: Last to First. I asked what it meant. She said the team is making a bold statement that their goal is to be in first place in the AAC and be conference champs this season. The coach challenged them to give a first place effort in everything they do. She said the team is working like never before and there is a great confidence building. Sounded like she was incredibly excited about the team and coaches. Going to be a special turn around in my opinion and after hearing this I'm sure of it.
Bigschtick
Riptide

localvb wrote:Interesting story. I ran into a current player today and she was wearing the teams new practice shirt. On the back was a quote: Last to First. I asked what it meant. She said the team is making a bold statement that their goal is to be in first place in the AAC and be conference champs this season. The coach challenged them to give a first place effort in everything they do. She said the team is working like never before and there is a great confidence building. Sounded like she was incredibly excited about the team and coaches. Going to be a special turn around in my opinion and after hearing this I'm sure of it.

Very excited for the team!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
dpm wave
Swell

Let's make Tulane VB great again.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Looking forward to the resurrection of this program.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
alumniwave
Low Tide

I don't know if a sports team has ever gone from last place to first place in one year. I do like the challenge though. I've become a fan!
lurker123
Swell

alumniwave wrote:I don't know if a sports team has ever gone from last place to first place in one year. I do like the challenge though. I've become a fan!
The internet is an amazing thing. I'm sure there are many many more.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_N ... fore_first

Regardless of whether it's historic or not, good for the team and us as Tulane fans that Barnes has these expectations.
alumniwave
Low Tide

You got me thinking Lurker. So I looked to see if there were any FEMALE teams that have gone from last to first. Didn't see anything show up. I'm sure there is but not to the level of men's teams I suspect. Women don't forget easy. Men forget what happened 3 seconds ago:)
localvb
High Tide

Good luck to volleyball today as they open preseason camp. I believe we're going to see the best volleyball Tulane has ever had
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Looking forward to taking my daughter out to see them.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
localvb
High Tide

localvb
High Tide

AAC pre-season poll has Tulane at #8. After finishing 11th for back to back seasons this is actually a sign of respect for the team and Coach Barnes by being picked this high. I can see this team being in the top 5 for sure. Although the team seems to expect 1st. I like it!
localvb
High Tide

Team intra-squad Scrimmage is this Saturday at 4pm in Devlin. Scrimmages are good opportunities to see everyone play.

Heard the football team will be there.
localvb
High Tide

I didn't get to make it but heard from a friend who did that the team looked incredible. Shaw one of the new kids had 20 kills. Amazing for just 2.5 sets. He said they looked like a completely different team. Really fast offense. Great blocking and hustle.
Going to be a big year.
alumniwave
Low Tide

My wife and kids were in town and made it. They were blown away. She said the team was tall, fast and hit really hard:)
Was very impressed! Nice crowd for a scrimmage to.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Serious butt-kickin in game 1
GreenLantern
Riptide

Occurred to me that Troy Dannen is now undefeated with his coaching hires at Tulane. Hoping that stat holds true by next weekend.
localvb
High Tide

WOW 25-4!
Congratulations on the 1st of many wins for Tulane VB. We have a class act running the team and one running the department. Roll Wave!
RobertM320
Green Wave

Women pull off two 5 set victories today to win the Southern Miss Tournament. Now 3-0 on the season! Great start. They were down 0-2 to USM this evening, and came back and won three straight sets!
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:Women pull off two 5 set victories today to win the Southern Miss Tournament. Now 3-0 on the season! Great start. They were down 0-2 to USM this evening, and came back and won three straight sets!

WOW ....that is not easy to do, especially on the road !!!!...Congrats Ladies !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:Women pull off two 5 set victories today to win the Southern Miss Tournament. Now 3-0 on the season! Great start. They were down 0-2 to USM this evening, and came back and won three straight sets!
BC Wave made the road trip and Brett Favre was in the house. He was there to watch.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981