Tulane Women's Golf

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
GreenLantern
Riptide

The ladies are ahead of some pretty big names in the UCF tournament. Current tournament leaderboard may be found here.

Here are the scores after round 2:

DrBox
Riptide

This team should be really good. they had a bad fall for some reason, but looks like they are getting it back together for the spring.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DrBox wrote:This team should be really good. they had a bad fall for some reason, but looks like they are getting it back together for the spring.
I agree, the fall season was a nite mare !!!...but the spring season is when it happens !!!.. I look forward to another NCAA tournament, hopefully on close enough for me to attend !!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Finished 2nd. +22 to Houston's +21
Lost 7 strokes with two holes to play.
:oops:
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

I think this bodes very well for the season. Tulane was the only team to shoot even par or better on the par 5s. That tells me that we've got some length off the tee. #RollWave #WaveUp
RobertM320
Green Wave

So with two holes to play, we were in the lead? Damn. Would have been nice to win the whole tournament. But a great showing nevertheless.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:So with two holes to play, we were in the lead? Damn. Would have been nice to win the whole tournament. But a great showing nevertheless.
+16
Tulane Class of 1981
dpm wave
Swell

Ladies back in action. This time in Coral Gables at the historic Biltmore course.

Had gotten up to 2nd from 5th earlier in today's 2nd round but are once again faltering on the latter holes.
For some reason the Golfstat.com site is showing one Wave golfer carded a 50 on the 15th hole. Not sure how that's possible.
This dropped her from 3rd overall to more than 30 shots worst than last place.

http://golfstatresults.com/public/leade ... m&tid=8332
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

dpm wave wrote:Ladies back in action. This time in Coral Gables at the historic Biltmore course.

Had gotten up to 2nd from 5th earlier in today's 2nd round but are once again faltering on the latter holes.
For some reason the Golfstat.com site is showing one Wave golfer carded a 50 on the 15th hole. Not sure how that's possible.
This dropped her from 3rd overall to more than 30 shots worst than last place.

http://golfstatresults.com/public/leade ... m&tid=8332
Thanks forgot they were playing.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
dpm wave
Swell

HUGE improvement getting into the clubhouse today.
The +55 on one hole was a scorers error and has been corrected. :roll:
Team shot (-2) over the final 2 holes and will tee off with the leaders tomorrow morning.
dpm wave
Swell

Ladies finish 4th behind Northwestern, Iowa St and Miami (home course).

Also, notable is Tulane finished ahead of conference mates ECU and USF.
Also ahead of 9 P5 schools.

Emily Penttila had a final round 66 (-5) to finish in a solid solo 2nd.
dpm wave
Swell

2nd round of lsu tourney tomorrow. Had to play one short today for some reason.

http://www.golfstatresults.com/public/l ... m&tid=9130
dpm wave
Swell

dpm wave wrote:2nd round of lsu tourney tomorrow. Had to play one short today for some reason.

Head into final round 7th, just ahead of lsu. Very tough course and conditions.
Will tee off tomorrow with lsu and KY. Could finish as high as 3rd or 4th. Or as low as 13th/14th.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

dpm wave wrote:
dpm wave wrote:2nd round of lsu tourney tomorrow. Had to play one short today for some reason.

Head into final round 7th, just ahead of lsu. Very tough course and conditions.
Will tee off tomorrow with lsu and KY. Could finish as high as 3rd or 4th. Or as low as 13th/14th.
Big time bump, now tied for third!
RobertM320
Green Wave

All alone in 3rd now, behind only the #3 and #4 teams in the country.

Madison Opfer is 2nd overall in individual player scoring.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Final...finished third, with the third best round of the day at plus 9... One hell of an effort on everyone's part...congrats to the Ladies

http://www.golfstatresults.com/public/i ... nt_id=9130
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote:Final...finished third, with the third best round of the day at plus 9... One hell of an effort on everyone's part...congrats to the Ladies

I don't follow Women's golf as closely as I do the $$ sports, but being a golfer, and working last year at a prestigious country club, I'm always interested. Those of you that know more about NCAA golf, can you explain why Tulane, with back to back strong NCAA finishes and often finishing above high-ranked opponents this year, is not ranked higher than 45? Seems to me like we should be in the high teens.

Great job ladies!

ROLL WAVE!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Good job .Congrats!
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DrBox
Riptide

DfromCT wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:Final...finished third, with the third best round of the day at plus 9... One hell of an effort on everyone's part...congrats to the Ladies

I don't follow Women's golf as closely as I do the $$ sports, but being a golfer, and working last year at a prestigious country club, I'm always interested. Those of you that know more about NCAA golf, can you explain why Tulane, with back to back strong NCAA finishes and often finishing above high-ranked opponents this year, is not ranked higher than 45? Seems to me like we should be in the high teens.

Great job ladies!

ROLL WAVE!
As per above, they had a dreadful Fall for some reason. Probably not even top 100.
The golf rankings are done statistically...no human opinion involved (to my understanding). So the fall results still count in the compilation of rankings.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

A very nice PIC on this link....a young lady dressed in Green and White...holding a trophy in front of a table draped in purple and gold

http://www.tulanegreenwave.com/sports/w ... 16aab.html
dpm wave
Swell

Ladies REALLY struggling in the AAC Championships at Palm Harbor, FL.
Seems they are more adverse to winds that the rest of the conference.
I think they'll have to finish in the Top 4 or 5 to get a Regional Berth.

http://golfstatresults.com/public/leade ... 10050.html

Hope they get the early tee times tomorrow. Winds will be very light until around 10.
DrBox
Riptide

After playing terribly all fall, they had a good spring up until the SMU tourney where they tanked. And they're tanking in the AAC tourney.
Everyone returned from a top 20 team except for 1 player. How does this happen? ....so often at Tulane?
dpm wave
Swell

DrBox wrote:After playing terribly all fall, they had a good spring up until the SMU tourney where they tanked. And they're tanking in the AAC tourney.
Everyone returned from a top 20 team except for 1 player. How does this happen? ....so often at Tulane?
True dat. I good back 9 today (front 9 for them since they started on the back 9) could have put them in 5th. Instead, another classic Tulane choke job.
I see no problem if the committee leaves them out of Regionals.
anEngineer
Riptide

Although they improved every day, a disastrous first round really did them in. It was a disappointing season for a team with 3 seniors.