Baseball

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
greenphantom
Swell

chain gang x man wrote:Sorry it's Jackson Johnson two last names
We were at 46 when fall practice started
Any relation to Jonathan Joseph?

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

For those last minute reservations for the San Diego trip, may I suggest the Marriott or Hilton in Del-Mar...great location
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
chain gang x man
Swell

6 days to go

http://collegebaseballcentral.com/colle ... ane/12921/

Gibbs and France pitched today. Both were strong. I left after 5 innings and both were still pitching. Neither had given up a run.

Jordan Gross and Evan Rutter were wearing braces on their throwing arms. Not a good sign.
OGSB
Swell

chain gang x man wrote:6 days to go

Gibbs and France pitched today. Both were strong. I left after 5 innings and both were still pitching. Neither had given up a run.
I hope that doesn't mean we can't hit again.
Livin' rent free
winwave
Top of the WAVE

chain gang x man wrote:6 days to go

Jordan Gross and Evan Rutter were wearing braces on their throwing arms. Not a good sign.
Thanks for the update and the link.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
VerdeGeaux
Low Tide

Anyone that has seen the practices would think opposite. Our pitchers have been getting rocked by the hitters, but past performance tells me not to worry. I think we are gonna be very good. This year we will probably break the draft record for Tulane....looking at 7-10 players drafted depending on how the season goes!
chain gang x man
Swell

Today was an example of good pitching stops good hitting

Gibbs is hitting between 89-91 and is keeping the ball down. He seems to be the pitcher we all thought he would be coming out of Jesuit. He should be the Saturday starter

France was overpowering at times. He did have control problems at times but was able to work out of them without giving up any runs.

Jeremy Montalbano caught a foul tip in the throat area. Andy took him in to be checked out hope he is okay
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Bearwave
High Tide

Delicious Jambalaya.....are you kidding me. LOL
Bears are Ready to Rhule! Sic'em
chain gang x man
Swell

Coach Pierce has trimmed the roster to 35
Evan Rutter was one of the cuts
chain gang x man
Swell

Will Johnson also not on roster
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
VerdeGeaux
Low Tide

Yes HUGE loss! By his absence alone we added two wins to our season and likely propelled us as the favorite in conference. He was gonna be one of the first pitchers taken next yrs draft. Still have to play the games but that was definitely the player not to lose....must've done something pretty bad!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I'll predict he'll be brought back during conference time. On or before May 1st.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

VerdeGeaux wrote:Yes HUGE loss! By his absence alone we added two wins to our season and likely propelled us as the favorite in conference. He was gonna be one of the first pitchers taken next yrs draft. Still have to play the games but that was definitely the player not to lose....must've done something pretty bad!
Their # 2 starter gets suspended indefinitely, and that makes us that much better? He could be back next week, next month, next year or not at all.

The most interesting thing I read was the name of the school against which he threw a 1 hitter in a regional game last year.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
cajunfanatico
Swell

ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
VerdeGeaux
Low Tide

he may not be friday but that doesnt mean hes not their ace. There is a reason they match him against Sunday guys...automatic win. He is the best pitcher houston has period! He will be one of the top lhps taken next year. He may be back by the time we play but if not its a huge blow.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Please merge with the already existing "Baseball' thread, which is complete with tournament projections
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Dropped one spot to #20 in this weeks Collegiate Baseball Poll
http://baseballnews.com/collegiate-base ... l-2-22-16/
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane baseball about to get screwed:
Louisiana State legislator has proposed the following:
TOPS couldn't be used at for-profit schools and private colleges.

Two bills have been filed to restrict the type of schools TOPS can be used to attend.

Students can now use TOPS to attend a private Louisiana college or for-profit colleges. A Senate proposal would restrict TOPS to students who attend public institutions only.
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

Pat Taylor must be turning over in his grave. He develops a plan to encourage kids to get good grades so they can go to college for free. Not enough kids make the grades, so they lower the standards so more kids can get free college. But that costs the state too much, so let's punish the kids that really did put the effort in by telling them they have to accept a lesser education if they want the reward. It would make more sense to just raise the bar back to what it was originally set at.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:Pat Taylor must be turning over in his grave. He develops a plan to encourage kids to get good grades so they can go to college for free. Not enough kids make the grades, so they lower the standards so more kids can get free college. But that costs the state too much, so let's punish the kids that really did put the effort in by telling them they have to accept a lesser education if they want the reward. It would make more sense to just raise the bar back to what it was originally set at.
+1
Tops is now in peril because of politicians.
Tulane Class of 1981
cajunfanatico
Swell

DfromCT wrote:The most interesting thing I read was the name of the school against which he threw a 1 hitter in a regional game last year.
Can I assume you wouldn't have cared for the promos in last week's Shriner's College Classic from Houston?

ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.