Staff coming together

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
ExileWave
Surge

Jonathan wrote:Does anyone know when coach Fritz will formally announce and introduce his assistant coaches and the balance of his staff?
When he is ready? Let the man enjoy the holidays, look for players, and move family. We don't play another game for 9 months. He has time and this is "not his first rodeo" as they say in Texas. :mrgreen:

Jonathan
Riptide

I expect the formal announcements shortly after the holidays. A lot of recruiting and retainage of our commits to be done before signing day. Seems like Coach Fritz is bringing all of his top assistant coaches with him but I did not see Lunsford's name. Is he coming?
Last edited by Jonathan on Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ExileWave
Surge

Jonathan wrote:I expect the formal announcements shortly after the holidays. A lot of recruiting and retainage of our commits to be done before signing day.
Recruiting "Dead Period" until January 13, 2016.

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files ... otball.pdf
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

look for the announcement to be made on the first Monday of Janurary ...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bigschtick
Riptide

Jonathan wrote:I expect the formal announcements shortly after the holidays. A lot of recruiting and retainage of our commits to be done before signing day.

Like to answer your own questions!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

ExileWave wrote:

Dead period means coaches cannot go into the homes or schools to see recruits. Contact IS allowed. A whole lot gets done between now and Jan 13th.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
RobertM320
Green Wave

DfromCT wrote:
ExileWave wrote:

Dead period means coaches cannot go into the homes or schools to see recruits. Contact IS allowed. A whole lot gets done between now and Jan 13th.
Actually, no DIRECT contact is allowed, even on campus. Electronic communication is allowed, meaning email and texts, etc. No phone calls though.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
ExileWave wrote:

Actually, no DIRECT contact is allowed, even on campus. Electronic communication is allowed, meaning email and texts, etc. No phone calls though.

Actually I believe phone calls are allowed.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
2ndGenWave
High Tide

"During a dead period a college coach may not have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents, and may not watch student-athletes compete or visit their high schools. Coaches may write and telephone student-athletes or their parents during a dead period." - NCAA.com
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

2ndGenWave wrote:"During a dead period a college coach may not have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents, and may not watch student-athletes compete or visit their high schools. Coaches may write and telephone student-athletes or their parents during a dead period." - NCAA.com
so it is really not a "dead period", but a time of year that is put on on "life support' or an "induced coma" or being in "guarded condition"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

2ndGenWave wrote:"During a dead period a college coach may not have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents, and may not watch student-athletes compete or visit their high schools. Coaches may write and telephone student-athletes or their parents during a dead period." - NCAA.com
Thanks for clearing that up.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

Per Advocate, "Fritz to now bring at least 6 assistants with him to Tulane." So, we are getting just about the entire Georgia Southern staff with only secondary coach Jason Rollins held over from CJ. For next year a whole, "New Wave."

And, needless to say, Fritz' assistants greatly respect and want to coach for him.

http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com/ne ... nt-coaches
Last edited by Wave755 on Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonathan
Riptide

Recent Advocate article is a good read. Excited about the assistant coaches that he is bringing over from Georgia Southern. Great group but where is Lunsford? Did not here his named mentioned.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Oh man, GSU fans must be pissed. Dell McGee is coming to Tulane with Fritz. From reading their boards I know a lot of them wanted him to stay on staff with the new coach.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Dell McGee has an impressive resume, and seems like an up and coming coach. He'll be the Associate Head Coach. I hope he stays a long time.

http://www.gseagles.com/coaches.aspx?rc ... h=football
wave97
Swell

Jonathan wrote:Recent Advocate article is a good read. Excited about the assistant coaches that he is bringing over from Georgia Southern. Great group but where is Lunsford? Did not here his named mentioned.
Wasn't Lunsford a hold over from Jeff Monken? Maybe he's headed to Army.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote:
Jonathan wrote:Recent Advocate article is a good read. Excited about the assistant coaches that he is bringing over from Georgia Southern. Great group but where is Lunsford? Did not here his named mentioned.
Wasn't Lunsford a hold over from Jeff Monken? Maybe he's headed to Army.
I don't think he was a holdover. I believe he coached at GSU, took a couple years away, then returned with Fritz. But it wouldn't be beyond reasonable for him to work with Monken OR with the new GSU staff. The one holdover coach (to my knowledge) was a DL coach that has now followed Fritz to Tulane. I didn't double check the GSU Eagles website, so its possible I am mistaken.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Lunsford is staying at GSU

Coach Chad Lunsford ‏@chadlunsford 30m30 minutes ago
Proud to say I am Fired up to be #TrueBlue and can't wait to get started working with @TysonSummersGSU #HailSouthern
rollinggreen
High Tide

Can't wait for this era to begin! Once this so called basketball coach is fired, all will be well! Baseball being ranked 19th in the preseason will bridge the gap to the new era of Tulane football!!! Bye bye Conroy!
Jonathan
Riptide

Must be because of family ties and that he is life long Georgian. Big mistake not coming to Tulane in that he could make much more money and further his career here at Tulane to maybe in the future to become a head coach. He is going nowhere with Georgia Southern in the Sunbelt with zero tv cable exposure.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Perhaps Fritz didn't offer him a job at Tulane? Or he doesn't want to live in New Orleans (or move anywhere for that matter.) There could be any number of reasons for him not working on the Tulane staff. I'm not worried about a coach that stayed at GSU. I am concerned with whom we have on board, and how willing the current players are to buy in to the new coaching staff's systems.

If they're able to get an "all in" out of the current players and the 2016 recruiting class, we could be playing this time next year. I truly believe there's enough talent that, with good coaching, can win 7 or 8 games next year. The schedule is much easier than last year, and the coaching blunders (game management 101, bad play calling, inept special teams, same mistakes made game after game after game) getting cleaned up will have Tulane in a bowl game next year.

And, as much as I don't want to be a team that runs 85% of the time, as others have said "if we win games, who's to complain?"
greenphantom
Swell

DfromCT wrote:Perhaps Fritz didn't offer him a job at Tulane? Or he doesn't want to live in New Orleans (or move anywhere for that matter.) There could be any number of reasons for him not working on the Tulane staff. I'm not worried about a coach that stayed at GSU. I am concerned with whom we have on board, and how willing the current players are to buy in to the new coaching staff's systems.

If they're able to get an "all in" out of the current players and the 2016 recruiting class, we could be playing this time next year. I truly believe there's enough talent that, with good coaching, can win 7 or 8 games next year. The schedule is much easier than last year, and the coaching blunders (game management 101, bad play calling, inept special teams, same mistakes made game after game after game) getting cleaned up will have Tulane in a bowl game next year.

And, as much as I don't want to be a team that runs 85% of the time, as others have said "if we win games, who's to complain?"
+1. No reason we can't win 7 or 8 games. As bad as CJ was as a coach, we do have more talent than when he took over. He and Rollins were good at finding those diamond in the rough recruits.
GreenLantern
Riptide

This article describes our new coaching staff:
  • OC/QB coach Ruse: "...innovative offensive mind....implementing his record-breaking offense....led scoreboard-busting attacks"
  • Offensive line coach Alex Atkins: "...regarded as one of college football's best young offensive line coaches"
They're talking about Tulane's coaching staff, people!!

The written word can certainly generate enthusiasm. Here's hoping we feel the same way at the end of next football season.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote:
This article describes our new coaching staff:
  • OC/QB coach Ruse: "...innovative offensive mind....implementing his record-breaking offense....led scoreboard-busting attacks"
  • Offensive line coach Alex Atkins: "...regarded as one of college football's best young offensive line coaches"
They're talking about Tulane's coaching staff, people!!

The written word can certainly generate enthusiasm. Here's hoping we feel the same way at the end of next football season.
+1