Lets show Fritz/Dannen love: Come out for MBB tomorrow

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Forever TU
Low Tide
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:18 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:47 pm

Hey all,

So regardless of your feeling for Conroy the team or basketball in general - I urge you to come out to the game tomorrow. Tix are not that expensive. Both Dannen and Fritz will be there and this is a huge opportunity to show these guys the passion we have.

Lets get Devlin rocking!


User avatar
GreenLantern
Swell
Posts: 1712
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:41 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:08 pm

I'll be there!
User avatar
JTLiuzza
Swell
Posts: 1254
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:10 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:46 pm

"Lets show Fritz/Dannen love"

Why?

How about Tulane show us some "love" instead of showing us the finger which is pretty much all they're good at? I'm happy that we appear to have a course change. I'll wait for some actual results. Tulane deserves nothing more. In fact, Tulane deserves nothing period.

Tulane should be apologizing to each and every one of us for their arrogance, stupidity, and malfeasance. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. I get your enthusiasm. I used to bite on that crap as well.

Let Fritz/Dannen put a product on the field that is not a total embarrassment. Then I'll give them all the accolades they deserve. But not before they've merited it. Not fair to them? Give them a chance? Screw them. They're paid a lot of money. Let's see results dammit. After all the bullsh!t I've seen coming out of my crap alma mater for so long and all the "love," i.e. MONEY I've poured into the LIES, I'm entitled.

I know I'll get flack for that but so be it. The way I see it Tulane is lucky I'm still around and paying any attention to their lame loser to the bone arses. Tens of thousands of people bailed long ago, for good reason.

Do something, and I'm back on board. And changing the actors is not quite it. RESULTS. Otherwise they get the same finger from me that I have seen from them for far too long.
Forever TU
Low Tide
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:18 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:50 pm

Dude if you can't see the sea change that is going on then I have no pity for you. Seriously the negativity is getting old.
User avatar
JTLiuzza
Swell
Posts: 1254
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:10 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:16 pm

Forever TU wrote:Dude if you can't see the sea change that is going on then I have no pity for you. Seriously the negativity is getting old.
Sure "dude." There is not one negative word in my post. Lack of blind giddy optimism is not negativity. My genuine optimism is grounded in a refusal to buy until you know what you're getting, especially when the seller, well, doesn't have too good a reputation.

This is the last go 'round for me. Tulane needs to get it straight this time, with results not shiny brochures, road maps, and all the other amateur night hijinks. Those things are what is old. When the new hires actually win, I'll be the first in line to shake their hands and show them "love." In the meantime, they have my best wishes and support.

They took jobs in a perennial loser. They get paid a lot of money. They know they have a tough job ahead of them. One of the observations made by certain folks supporting the schools they are leaving is that, paraphrasing, Tulane is going to be a cake walk. Win 7 or 8 games a year and they'll commission a bust of you on Ben Weiner Dr. I'm not throwing rose petals before anybody until they earn their salaries by putting forth a winner, consistently. And both of them know that's they way it usually is in the rest of the universe. But at Tulane, just getting hired merits being shown "love."
Robert1969
Riptide
Posts: 2677
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:45 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:42 pm

JTLiuzza wrote:"Lets show Fritz/Dannen love"

Why?

How about Tulane show us some "love" instead of showing us the finger which is pretty much all they're good at? I'm happy that we appear to have a course change. I'll wait for some actual results. Tulane deserves nothing more. In fact, Tulane deserves nothing period.

Tulane should be apologizing to each and every one of us for their arrogance, stupidity, and malfeasance. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. I get your enthusiasm. I used to bite on that crap as well.

Let Fritz/Dannen put a product on the field that is not a total embarrassment. Then I'll give them all the accolades they deserve. But not before they've merited it. Not fair to them? Give them a chance? Screw them. They're paid a lot of money. Let's see results dammit. After all the bullsh!t I've seen coming out of my crap alma mater for so long and all the "love," i.e. MONEY I've poured into the LIES, I'm entitled.

I know I'll get flack for that but so be it. The way I see it Tulane is lucky I'm still around and paying any attention to their lame loser to the bone arses. Tens of thousands of people bailed long ago, for good reason.

Do something, and I'm back on board. And changing the actors is not quite it. RESULTS. Otherwise they get the same finger from me that I have seen from them for far too long.
Dude, who cr@pped in your roast beef po-boy?

Chill, there is reason for optimism.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12611
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:16 pm

Let me say this. I've never met JT but he's clearly someone who has over the years invested a lot of time and money in Tulane athletics. He's clearly entitled to his position on things. Everyone always says they just wish people could be honest . Well he's being very honest here and yet people want to trash him. I used to get mad at people who walked away and called them fair weather fans. Then over time I realized they had every right to walk away and w/good reason. Hell at times I wished I could pull myself away from this train wreck. I agree that this is a time of optimism. I've been clear on that. But I respect others demanding to see results first before they buy back in.
High School Stadium Gets You High School Football
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave
Posts: 9299
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:54 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:23 pm

JTLiuzza wrote:"Lets show Fritz/Dannen love"

Why?

How about Tulane show us some "love" instead of showing us the finger which is pretty much all they're good at? I'm happy that we appear to have a course change. I'll wait for some actual results. Tulane deserves nothing more. In fact, Tulane deserves nothing period.

Tulane should be apologizing to each and every one of us for their arrogance, stupidity, and malfeasance. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. I get your enthusiasm. I used to bite on that crap as well.

Let Fritz/Dannen put a product on the field that is not a total embarrassment. Then I'll give them all the accolades they deserve. But not before they've merited it. Not fair to them? Give them a chance? Screw them. They're paid a lot of money. Let's see results dammit. After all the bullsh!t I've seen coming out of my crap alma mater for so long and all the "love," i.e. MONEY I've poured into the LIES, I'm entitled.

I know I'll get flack for that but so be it. The way I see it Tulane is lucky I'm still around and paying any attention to their lame loser to the bone arses. Tens of thousands of people bailed long ago, for good reason.

Do something, and I'm back on board. And changing the actors is not quite it. RESULTS. Otherwise they get the same finger from me that I have seen from them for far too long.
+1. I'm quite optimistic about the Dannen-era so far but let's stop with the victim mentality. The way this situation gets fixed is when the people in charge of Tulane realize that it works the other way, that they need to show US love and not vice versa. And when I say us, I mean the customers/stakeholders. Dannen gets it and I have a great deal of confidence that he'll fix a lot of things, but he also understands that the reason he's here is the exact same reason there won't be a big cheering section at the game tomorrow.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave
Posts: 9299
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:54 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:24 pm

Forever TU wrote:Dude if you can't see the sea change that is going on then I have no pity for you. Seriously the negativity is getting old.
Part of the sea change is realizing that Dannen and co work for us, not the other way around. We don't have to "cheer" for him to do his job with pride. That's what 15 years of Dickson will do to your expectations.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave
Posts: 9299
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:54 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:26 pm

Robert1969 wrote:
JTLiuzza wrote:"Lets show Fritz/Dannen love"

Why?

How about Tulane show us some "love" instead of showing us the finger which is pretty much all they're good at? I'm happy that we appear to have a course change. I'll wait for some actual results. Tulane deserves nothing more. In fact, Tulane deserves nothing period.

Tulane should be apologizing to each and every one of us for their arrogance, stupidity, and malfeasance. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. I get your enthusiasm. I used to bite on that crap as well.

Let Fritz/Dannen put a product on the field that is not a total embarrassment. Then I'll give them all the accolades they deserve. But not before they've merited it. Not fair to them? Give them a chance? Screw them. They're paid a lot of money. Let's see results dammit. After all the bullsh!t I've seen coming out of my crap alma mater for so long and all the "love," i.e. MONEY I've poured into the LIES, I'm entitled.

I know I'll get flack for that but so be it. The way I see it Tulane is lucky I'm still around and paying any attention to their lame loser to the bone arses. Tens of thousands of people bailed long ago, for good reason.

Do something, and I'm back on board. And changing the actors is not quite it. RESULTS. Otherwise they get the same finger from me that I have seen from them for far too long.
Dude, who cr@pped in your roast beef po-boy?

Chill, there is reason for optimism.
There is reason for optimism, but there is supposed to be far more than reason for optimism at this point.
puffy
Surge
Posts: 540
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:14 am
Status: Offline

Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:30 pm

I've got no qualms about JT's post. It's honest and comes from having to deal with losing and the mentality that comes along with it.

It's time for results.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave
Posts: 9299
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:54 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:46 pm

puffy wrote:I've got no qualms about JT's post. It's honest and comes from having to deal with losing and the mentality that comes along with it.

It's time for results.
yep
wavemania
Surge
Posts: 642
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:34 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:08 pm

Exactly. If Tulane really wants fans there, give us a reason. Conroy as coach,I sure as hell will not waste my money on that crap. Now, if it is a free ticket to meet and greet them, I'm all for it. But no way will Tulane get a nickel from me with that douche still coaching.
User avatar
Eaglewave
Swell
Posts: 1913
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:36 am
Status: Offline

Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:36 pm

JTLiuzza wrote:
Forever TU wrote:Dude if you can't see the sea change that is going on then I have no pity for you. Seriously the negativity is getting old.
Sure "dude." There is not one negative word in my post. Lack of blind giddy optimism is not negativity. My genuine optimism is grounded in a refusal to buy until you know what you're getting, especially when the seller, well, doesn't have too good a reputation.

This is the last go 'round for me. Tulane needs to get it straight this time, with results not shiny brochures, road maps, and all the other amateur night hijinks. Those things are what is old. When the new hires actually win, I'll be the first in line to shake their hands and show them "love." In the meantime, they have my best wishes and support.

They took jobs in a perennial loser. They get paid a lot of money. They know they have a tough job ahead of them. One of the observations made by certain folks supporting the schools they are leaving is that, paraphrasing, Tulane is going to be a cake walk. Win 7 or 8 games a year and they'll commission a bust of you on Ben Weiner Dr. I'm not throwing rose petals before anybody until they earn their salaries by putting forth a winner, consistently. And both of them know that's they way it usually is in the rest of the universe. But at Tulane, just getting hired merits being shown "love."

+1


I am going to the game, but these guys will have to prove themselves as winners at Tulane before I celebrate the change in our staff. I am a fan who has been kicked in the ass too much by opponents for me to stand up and be happy.

I must say, I am extremely happy about Willie Fritz being hired. I begged for this type of hire and got my wish.
We want a Bowl Game in 2018!
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 8109
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:21 am

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
User avatar
Bigschtick
Swell
Posts: 2333
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:57 am
Location: Tucson, Az.
Status: Offline

Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:13 am

winwave wrote:Let me say this. I've never met JT but he's clearly someone who has over the years invested a lot of time and money in Tulane athletics. He's clearly entitled to his position on things. Everyone always says they just wish people could be honest . Well he's being very honest here and yet people want to trash him. I used to get mad at people who walked away and called them fair weather fans. Then over time I realized they had every right to walk away and w/good reason. Hell at times I wished I could pull myself away from this train wreck. I agree that this is a time of optimism. I've been clear on that. But I respect others demanding to see results first before they buy back in.




Exactly!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick!
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17990
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:30 pm

If anyone wants to go to the Tulane men's basketball game
Tonight at 7, they are letting football season ticket holders get extra tickets.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Jonathan
Riptide
Posts: 4207
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:03 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:09 pm

Who wants to go to aConroy game and see us lose to the third at home SWAC team supposed pre season patsy. Fire Conroy now.
DrBox
Riptide
Posts: 3114
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:49 am
Status: Offline

Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:49 pm

JTLiuzza wrote: Let Fritz/Dannen put a product on the field that is not a total embarrassment. Then I'll give them all the accolades they deserve. But not before they've merited it. Not fair to them? Give them a chance? Screw them. They're paid a lot of money. Let's see results dammit. After all the bullsh!t I've seen coming out of my crap alma mater for so long and all the "love," i.e. MONEY I've poured into the LIES, I'm entitled.
It' not their fault.
If we don't get people a chance to fix it, how will it ever get fixed?
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave
Posts: 9299
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:54 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:21 pm

DrBox wrote:
JTLiuzza wrote: Let Fritz/Dannen put a product on the field that is not a total embarrassment. Then I'll give them all the accolades they deserve. But not before they've merited it. Not fair to them? Give them a chance? Screw them. They're paid a lot of money. Let's see results dammit. After all the bullsh!t I've seen coming out of my crap alma mater for so long and all the "love," i.e. MONEY I've poured into the LIES, I'm entitled.
It' not their fault.
If we don't get people a chance to fix it, how will it ever get fixed?
He's not saying he's not going to give them a chance to fix it. He's saying that he'll be happy to "show love" once there's evidence of that happening. It's fair and appropriate.
User avatar
aus10dixon
Ripple
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:03 pm
Location: Livingston, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:22 pm

tpstulane wrote:If anyone wants to go to the Tulane men's basketball game
Tonight at 7, they are letting football season ticket holders get extra tickets.
I saw that, too. I wish they would've notified us a little earlier, but I guess that $10 ticket won't burn a hole in my wallet.

EDIT: Well, they just called me and comped me for my two tickets. Do they read this board? :lol:
Forever TU
Low Tide
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:18 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:45 pm

aus10dixon wrote:
tpstulane wrote:If anyone wants to go to the Tulane men's basketball game
Tonight at 7, they are letting football season ticket holders get extra tickets.
I saw that, too. I wish they would've notified us a little earlier, but I guess that $10 ticket won't burn a hole in my wallet.

EDIT: Well, they just called me and comped me for my two tickets. Do they read this board? :lol:
Actually yes. I did and they do :)
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12611
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:40 pm

It was nice to get to meet the coach and AD in person right before they left during halftime. Unfortunately the event was poorly handled. In the past they have always waited till halftime to let the coach address the crowd for a few minutes and get everybody fired up. Tonight they brought him out for 30 seconds during a time out early in the first half. We want a culture change and that means getting everything right all the way to the little things.
High School Stadium Gets You High School Football
JerseyWave
Riptide
Posts: 3836
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: New Jersey
Status: Offline

Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:41 pm

Most of the Georgia Southern staff will join Fritz at Tulane.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave
Posts: 9299
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:54 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:14 pm

winwave wrote:It was nice to get to meet the coach and AD in person right before they left during halftime. Unfortunately the event was poorly handled. In the past they have always waited till halftime to let the coach address the crowd for a few minutes and get everybody fired up. Tonight they brought him out for 30 seconds during a time out early in the first half. We want a culture change and that means getting everything right all the way to the little things.
Yeah no doubt if they screwed that up it's indicative of all that needs to change at the Wilson Center. But Dannen has literally done nothing except the football coaching search up to now. He might not have even met some of the operations staff yet.

Can't fix that stuff overnight. But neither do I think it's possible for Dannen to have accomplished more in the last week.

It's early, but this Dannen/Fritz duo is really promising so far. I was tough on Tulane's BOA and wasn't sure they were capable, and maybe it was luck, but this looks like two home runs hires so far.
Post Reply