We don't want Kendal Briles...

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
austxwave
High Tide

hey, it worked once. Why not again?

Bigschtick
Riptide

Speak for yourself!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
austxwave
High Tide

He's too young and inexperienced.
Jonathan
Riptide

Do not tell us who we do not want. Our new AD will select the best candidate. Get a life.
austxwave
High Tide

I have a life, Jonathan. I am sorry that you life is so pathetic that you must troll message boards to put down other people.
Jonathan
Riptide

You are a very sick individual and needs major help.
austxwave
High Tide

Is that your reaffirmation speech that you say into a mirror every day?
greenphantom
Swell

My mind would be completely blown if it turned out Jonathan and austxwave were the same person and he was arguing with himself.
austxwave
High Tide

ha! that would be mindblowing but I can assure you that we are not one in the same.

I really don't want someone inexperienced like Briles so I figured i'd start this thread because it worked on BB.
DrBox
Riptide

While I do agree with this thread (too inexperienced; I don't trust the Briles'), we don't want them paying THAT much attention to these threads. After all, there is a "We want Larry Coker" thread, satire as it is.
Profoundwizard
Swell

He may not be my first choice, I wouldn't Mind him at all. Don't get the hate.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Profoundwizard wrote:He may not be my first choice, I wouldn't Mind him at all. Don't get the hate.
Limited coaching experience, has only worked for his dad and already been suspended by the NCAA, not a very deep / experienced resume...and again, what qualified assistants would want to work for him, except for this year he has zero track record...There are some people in Waco that want him fired !!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Profoundwizard
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
Profoundwizard wrote:He may not be my first choice, I wouldn't Mind him at all. Don't get the hate.
Limited coaching experience, has only worked for his dad and already been suspended by the NCAA, not a very deep / experienced resume...and again, what qualified assistants would want to work for him, except for this year he has zero track record...There are some people in Waco that want him fired !!!
There are some fans of every team who want their coach fired!!! That doesn't make them right!!!
He has years of track record as a good recruiter!!! He's learned from one of the best offensive minds in college football!!! He has done some playcalling before this season at Baylor as well!!!
OUG
Riptide

I think there's a difference between being a recruiter as an assistant and being the head coach. I think an assistant can be the cool young guy that buddies up to you. From the head coach, families and recruits expect something different. In loco parentis and all that (right or wrong).

Kendall is a bit of a DudeBro. I'm sure he is a great guy to have a beer with. I'm not seeing him as a HC at this point. You know how Dannen came in and right away demonstrated preparation, confidence, and a sense that he'd been there and done that? We need to duplicate that with our football hire.
GreenGears
Low Tide

OUG wrote:I think there's a difference between being a recruiter as an assistant and being the head coach. I think an assistant can be the cool young guy that buddies up to you. From the head coach, families and recruits expect something different. In loco parentis and all that (right or wrong).

Kendall is a bit of a DudeBro. I'm sure he is a great guy to have a beer with. I'm not seeing him as a HC at this point. You know how Dannen came in and right away demonstrated preparation, confidence, and a sense that he'd been there and done that? We need to duplicate that with our football hire.
+1
austxwave
High Tide

I trust TD, but OUG put it perfectly. Brohm is the guy.
austxwave
High Tide

I want proven, sustained success with a background at successful programs.

We cannot take another chance on a "recruiter" or someone with only 1 year of success as a HC (Monken) or someone with 1-2 years of success as a coordinator.

We don't have room for error this time. Other than the names I suggested in another thread (Brohm or Marrone), everyone else discussed has a hairy mole on their faces or a third nipple...figuratively speaking.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Profoundwizard
Swell

austxwave wrote:I want proven, sustained success with a background at successful programs.

We cannot take another chance on a "recruiter" or someone with only 1 year of success as a HC (Monken) or someone with 1-2 years of success as a coordinator.

We don't have room for error this time. Other than the names I suggested in another thread (Brohm or Marrone), everyone else discussed has a hairy mole on their faces or a third nipple...figuratively speaking.
Well my man, it's going to be pretty tough to find a guy who is just a perfect candidate. Those guys usually have pretty good jobs already and aren't going to take this job
austxwave
High Tide

Wizard, I don't disagree, but this would be a step up for Brohm. I have no connections with Brohm, but if you look at his bio objectively, he meets the criteria that I spelled out.

I fully believe the Tulane job is a big step up from the W. Kentucky job.

Who knows...maybe he isn't even interested?
TU23
High Tide

Brohm said today that he had options but is happy where he is and will be staying at WKU.
ajcalhoun
Swell

TU23 wrote:Brohm said today that he had options but is happy where he is and will be staying at WKU.
Excellent! Just like when Nick Saban said he wasn't leaving the Dolphins.
God Bless Everyone!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

OUG wrote:I think there's a difference between being a recruiter as an assistant and being the head coach. I think an assistant can be the cool young guy that buddies up to you. From the head coach, families and recruits expect something different. In loco parentis and all that (right or wrong).

Right on, OUG!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
wave to em
Surge

:ugeek:
Bigschtick wrote:Speak for yourself!
+1
Briles would bring energy, excitement and Speed to Tulane.
CuJo.
#SickEmWave
Jonathan
Riptide

Do not tell us who we want. The decision will be made by our new AD. The comments on this thread mean nothing.