Tulane's New AD - Troy Dannen from UNI

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
LSU-MD
Low Tide

Joe Alleva will be gone next year.
If that is true, I will fly to NOLA and give you a big kiss.

Actually not really but I hope you are right.

Alleva isn't going anywhere. He makes the LSUAD and TAF alot of $$$.

LSU-MD
Low Tide

Is it correct LSU AD Alleva is leaving LSU at the end of the year?
I keep a pretty close check on LSU's rivals page, 247page, Dandy Don and once in a blue moon (when I am just really hating myself) I check Tigerdroppings, and I haven't heard anything about him leaving, but I was talking to a former LSU player the other day and he said there was some movement in TAF coming, and the boosters were not just mad they were pissed. They can't touch the Alexander since that is a political position, but Alleva could be mad the scapegoat. He got this 3rd hand from other LSU players, and they got it from sources (aka ppl that talk out of their sphincters) close to boosters. So I think it is hogwash and the only changes at LSU will be Johnny Jones, unless LSU pulls off a miracle run and wins the SEC tournament to go dancing. I just hope whatever team my cousin chooses (LaTech, Tulane, Memphis, USM, and Houston) goes to wins next year, and Richt gets the Canes on the right track so that I have distractions from the dumpster fire on the bayou.

A mens b-ball home and SKC between LSU and Toolame would be cool. It would be alot more interesting and probably bring in more $$$ than LSU playing (and losing to) the College of Charleston, and Toolame playing (and losing to ) a SWAC school during the early part of the season.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
ajcalhoun
Swell

When did Bruno's turn into a nursing home?
God Bless Everyone!
ExileWave
Surge

ajcalhoun wrote:When did Bruno's turn into a nursing home?
Be careful, ajcalhoun. This is is the only generation that still gives a flying eff and paid money to see games for the past 30 years. Without gray hair no one would have been in the stands. Senility or loyalty....not sure which. :D
Jonathan
Riptide

Troy Dannen Fire Ed Conroy now. 1-6 in early AAC play. Mega turnovers,no offense,cannot coach or recruit top players. We want to go back to the NCAA tournament every year and be a Top 25 team.. Email our new AD Troy Dannen to fire Conroy now!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

ExileWave wrote:
Be careful, ajcalhoun. This is is the only generation that still gives a flying eff and paid money to see games for the past 30 years. Without gray hair no one would have been in the stands. Senility or loyalty....not sure which. :D
What do you two mean? Those people are in their mid-30's--they just look much older from having followed Tulane football the past 15 years. :lol: :lol:
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote:
ExileWave wrote:
What do you two mean? Those people are in their mid-30's--they just look much older from having followed Tulane football the past 15 years. :lol: :lol:
Just remember 67 is the new 45.... and I agree, the people in the photo are the ones who put up the money, and many have Tulane Athletics written into their Will's.....besides after putting up with SC and RD that will age you faster
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

It was definitely an older crowd. Many former football players from the 1970's and 1980's.
Something I remember that Troy said that stuck out in my mind. "In today's climate a university president is more likely to lose his or her job over a bad athletic dept then academic issues."
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:It was definitely an older crowd. Many former football players from the 1970's and 1980's.
Something I remember that Troy said that stuck out in my mind. "In today's climate a university president is more likely to lose his or her job over a bad athletic dept then academic issues."
Look no further than the University of Texas @ Austin
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:It was definitely an older crowd. Many former football players from the 1970's and 1980's.
Look no further than the University of Texas @ Austin
True!!'
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

The sudden changes at Tulane remind of those Japanese soldiers that use to wander out of caves 20 years after WWII ended. Tulane has just wandered out of its cave, and in the blinding light of day is starting to see the modern collegiate world for what it actually is.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Jonathan
Riptide

Troy has done a great job in his hires but time now for him to dump fireEd Conroy now 1-6 in early AAC play.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Jonathan wrote:Troy has done a great job in his hires but time now for him to dump fireEd Conroy now 1-6 in early AAC play.
Please quit spamming every thread with this.
Troy will do what's best for Tulane.
Tulane Class of 1981
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

HoustonWave wrote:The sudden changes at Tulane remind of those Japanese soldiers that use to wander out of caves 20 years after WWII ended. Tulane has just wandered out of its cave, and in the blinding light of day is starting to see the modern collegiate world for what it actually is.
Yup. It's like somehow reality matters suddenly after a 15 year nightmare, and its exciting to have the right people trying to not only did out but climb the mountain.
sader24
Tsunami

It's not like those of us who have been posting what is actually going on in Athletics the last 10 years are geniuses. We just have happened to know what 98% of the rest of collegiate fans already knew.
JerseyWave
Riptide

The last we heard from Rick Dickson was prior to the Tulsa game when he went to the media to deny a report that CJ was going to be fired. Since then, he has vanished!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

JerseyWave wrote:The last we heard from Rick Dickson was prior to the Tulsa game when he went to the media to deny a report that CJ was going to be fired. Since then, he has vanished!
several things need to vanish: SC and his wife's retirement fund and continued Tulane employment....the SC Circle on Campus.... RD needs to go and NOW.. off the payroll and into Tennis world, wherever the hell that is But out of here... Ed "The Conman" Conroy, needs to be on the bus with RD... something that needs to be instituted is an financial investigation during SC' term as President...something is not right with the numbers. I suggest a long jail sentence and a garage sale of all of his assets if he and his wife, are found guilty... SC is nothing more that a modern day "carpetbagger" and he and his wife needs just two more things...a blindfold and cigarette, or the case of those two a blindfold and a glass of whine ( SIC on purpose)...ready...aim...fire
JerseyWave
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:The last we heard from Rick Dickson was prior to the Tulsa game when he went to the media to deny a report that CJ was going to be fired. Since then, he has vanished!
several things need to vanish: SC and his wife's retirement fund and continued Tulane employment....the SC Circle on Campus.... RD needs to go and NOW.. off the payroll and into Tennis world, wherever the hell that is But out of here... Ed "The Conman" Conroy, needs to be on the bus with RD... something that needs to be instituted is an financial investigation during SC' term as President...something is not right with the numbers. I suggest a long jail sentence and a garage sale of all of his assets if he and his wife, are found guilty... SC is nothing more that a modern day "carpetbagger" and he and his wife needs just two more things...a blindfold and cigarette, or the case of those two a blindfold and a glass of whine ( SIC on purpose)...ready...aim...fire
There absolutely should be an investigation into the Cowens.

How did he become the fifth highest paid college president?
Why was his wife on the payroll with a six figure salary?
Why was he paid over One Million dollars after he retired?
Why did he leave Tulane with an $20 million annual operating deficit?
How much is Tulane paying him now? What's does his Tulane pension consist of?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I haven't seen him at the basketball games. However he showed up at the women's tennis match opener vs FSU at City Park this past Monday. That's the first time I've seen him at a Tulane event since the announcement. He spoke to the men's tennis team before they were about to start practice as well.
Tulane Class of 1981
Jonathan
Riptide

You are a fraud with a screen name LSU and calling Tulane Tolame. Steve get this guy off the board.
RobertM320
Green Wave

https://twitter.com/TU_Dannen/status/690967108490907648

Troy going old school on us! LOL

Troy Dannen ‏@TU_Dannen 7m7 minutes ago
Love this. Somehow, in some form, it's coming back #rollangrywave
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:https://twitter.com/TU_Dannen/status/690967108490907648

Troy going old school on us! LOL

Troy Dannen ‏@TU_Dannen 7m7 minutes ago
Love this. Somehow, in some form, it's coming back #rollangrywave
About damn time!!! Go TD!
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
ajcalhoun
Swell

God Bless Everyone!