Tulane's New AD - Troy Dannen from UNI

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

JerseyWave wrote:
MicMan wrote:Nothing like having to make the most important decision of your career on Day 1.
And all the candidates knew that going in. It should have made the job that much more attractive that you get to hire your own Football Coach right away. A good AD always has a list ready to go. We will see very soon how prepared Danned is.
this.

greenphantom
Swell

Jonathan wrote:How many top candidates such as our top Baylor candidate turned down this job before we moved to North Iowa? Four the usual number?
The same number as the amount of usernames you have Pete.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

No search firm for finding the FB coach. Going to be on TD.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Jonathan
Riptide

Where was Dannen employed and for how long before he came to UNI? I heard that. it was with a high school girls league in Iowa for 18 years as per the AAC fan website. If so great credentials and experience for a TU AD. Embarrassing!.
ccap05
Surge

Jonathan wrote:How many top candidates such as our top Baylor candidate turned down this job before we moved to North Iowa? Four the usual number?
How many times will you and your alter ego(s) post the exact same drivel in one day? Four, the usual number?
Show Me
Tsunami

ccap05 wrote:
How many times will you and your alter ego(s) post the exact same drivel in one day? Four, the usual number?
+1
He and his alter ego's Pete and Wavedat need a lobotomy.
Give this guy a chance please go away Jonathan Pete Wavedat.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

If people simply did not respond to the drivel it would go away.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
T1B2TW
High Tide

Pepper wrote:I'll take their basketball coach.

and Volleyball coach as well.
Their basketball team defeated Kansas (#1 seed) in 2010 to make it to the sweet 16 round of the NCAA tourney.
Jonathan
Riptide

I am warming up to our new AD and will not be negative and waiting until he delivers to us a fantastic successful football head coach. .
Jonathan
Riptide

He does not leave his job at UNI until the end of December. We need a new top head football coach now.
T1B2TW
High Tide

Jonathan wrote:A loser from Northern Iowa,Hicksville. Another Dickson No one heard of this guy and has no interest in him. Where did he come from?. Thanks Fitts and Doug Hertz He has zero big time experience with any major university other than Northern Iowa, big time candidate. Never worked for a top academic university. This selection is a major embarrassment out of the blue! I would assume as usual the first top five candidates turned Tulane down.
jonathan, you wouldn't be happy if Kate Upton was your main squeeze. :roll:

Give the guy a chance. Geez.
greenphantom
Swell

I really like this guy and hope he does well. He was up late replying to tweets and up early this morning doing the same. I asked him to please never refer to "The Tulane Model" and how it ticks off us fans. He replied "I hear ya". Good sign
Jonathan
Riptide

I have no idea who Kate Upton is. When I was at Tulane law school I dated super model Lauren Hutton who worked at the Al Hirt Club in the Quarter while she attended Newcomb. Also dated the bumper pool bunny at the Playboy Club across from Acme Oysters In the Quarter. Also dropped by Norma's in the Quarter to have a drink with the girls.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Jonathan wrote:I have no idea who Kate Upton is. When I was at Tulane law school I dated super model Lauren Hutton who worked at the Al Hirt Club in the Quarter while she attended Newcomb. Also dated the bumper pool bunny at the Playboy Club across from Acme Oysters In the Quarter. Also dropped by Norma's in the Quarter to have a drink with the girls.
Comic relief.
Robert1969
Riptide

Jonathan meet Concern Troll. Concern Troll meet Jonathan, your identical twin brother.
LSU-MD
Low Tide

He does not leave his job at UNI until the end of December. We need a new top head football coach now.
He can still be at UNI and run Tulane's coaching search. For example, Steve Patterson hired Charlie Strong @ Texas shortly after being named Texas's new AD, but Patterson was still the AD @ Arizona State at the time of the hire.
Jonathan
Riptide

Robert you are a joke to a fellow hopefully Tulane alum and supporter. Have a good day.
LSU-MD
Low Tide

I have no idea who Kate Upton is. When I was at Tulane law school I dated super model Lauren Hutton who worked at the Al Hirt Club in the Quarter while she attended Newcomb. Also dated the bumper pool bunny at the Playboy Club across from Acme Oysters In the Quarter. Also dropped by Norma's in the Quarter to have a drink with the girls.
ExileWave
Surge

My only concern is he has not hired a head coach in football or basketball at NI- both were there before 2008. Hope this does not mean that RD will influence the hiring. He is responsive and friendly. Hope his late arrival does not slow down the search... coaches are being hired and fired daily.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

ExileWave wrote:My only concern is he has not hired a head coach in football or basketball at NI- both were there before 2008. Hope this does not mean that RD will influence the hiring. He is responsive and friendly. Hope his late arrival does not slow down the search... coaches are being hired and fired daily.
Right. Trust me RD will have nothing to do with it.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
greenphantom
Swell

LSU-MD wrote:
Lauren Hutton? It was probably E.F. Hutton
GreenLantern
Riptide

Jonathan wrote:I have no idea who Kate Upton is. When I was at Tulane law school I dated super model Lauren Hutton who worked at the Al Hirt Club in the Quarter while she attended Newcomb. Also dated the bumper pool bunny at the Playboy Club across from Acme Oysters In the Quarter. Also dropped by Norma's in the Quarter to have a drink with the girls.
The following picture is intended solely as educational material to aid a fellow Tulane alum in order that he may become acquainted with the aforementioned Ms. Upton.
JDTulane
Riptide

He and his wife are flying back to New Orleans as we speak. House hunting?
JDTulane
Riptide

FORGOT about tomorrow's presser. duh
LSU-MD
Low Tide

My only concern is he has not hired a head coach in football or basketball at NI- both were there before 2008. Hope this does not mean that RD will influence the hiring. He is responsive and friendly. Hope his late arrival does not slow down the search... coaches are being hired and fired daily.
If I was TD, I would rely heavy on UNI's coach Mark Farley head coaches recommendations and advice (assuming TD doesn't bring Farley to Tulane with him). Mark Farley has been successful @ UNI for 15 years and you don't do that without having an eye for talent and knowing who will make a quality coach to add to your staff. For example, Farley gave Scott Frost (Oregon OC that was just hired at UCF) his first major coaching job.
Northern Iowa coach Mark Farley met Frost at a coaching convention and was struck by Frost's confident demeanor.

"What drew me to him was his winning experience," Farley said. "I think that's something people sense probably more than we talk about, but people sense that championship-type attitude. And that's what players are looking for. They're looking for leaders."

A quarterback in college, a defensive back in the pros, Frost became Farley's linebackers coach at UNI.

By his second year at Northern Iowa, Frost was the Panthers' co-defensive coordinator.

It was a sound move. With Frost helping lead the defense, Northern Iowa ended up third in the Football Championship Subdivision in takeaways (40) in 2008 and ninth in the country in scoring defense.
http://siouxcityjournal.com/sports/foot ... 03286.html
So hopefully TD listens to Farley's advice over any that he might get from anybody in Tulane's athletic department. Burke would be the one exception, she seems to have a track record of hiring good coaches, so I would listen to her advice as well.

For basketball, he just needs to bring UNI's coach down to NOLA. Ben Jacobson only makes a little over $500k so Tulane could offer him a nice bump in salary, the chance to coach in a multi-bid league, and work with an AD that he is obviously comfortable with. Jacobson's UNI teams have only missed a postseason tournament 1 time since 2008 and he has never had a losing record as a head coach (2006-present).