Terry Bowden? Houston Nutt?

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
LSU Law Greenie
Surge

Scott Kushner ‏@ScottDKushner 1h1 hour ago

Terry Bowden and Houston Nutt are both interested in #Tulane's vacant head coaching position. TU not interested in them at this moment.
Thoughts? I'm okay with Houston Nutt. I really think he could be successful here. At least he would know when to call a timeout, just sayin'!

My name is T J Acosta and I approve this message!
DrBox
Riptide

Nutt ran 2 programs into toilet. Terrific Choice.

Either of those 2 would be a joke.
Eaglewave
Swell

I think Terry Bowden and Houston Nutt would win at Tulane.
Ball Sumrall!
TU23
High Tide

If this was 1999, sure.
sader24
Tsunami

No thanks to both. Stop chasing names. Bob Toledo was a name, he was also over the hill.
ssburas2005
Trickle

terry Bowden and Houston nutt, just their names alone with the good name assistants they would bring would give their staff a better recruiting staff than the on cj had that did not do squat. coach Bowden and Nutt would send recruits to Tulane faster than any coach could've done in 10 years. their names alone would get recruits coming to them than you would believe. they would attract three to five star recruits better than cj. tommy Bowden did it because of his last name.
OUG
Riptide

Lou Holtz is still alive right? Hey what about Jackie Sherrill! I know we can't be too far away from a Phil Fullmer name drop. Any day now, someone WILL say it.

Who am I missing? Any other 65+ year old guys we can throw a million a year at so they can mail it in and have their ego stroked one more time?
OUG
Riptide

ssburas2005 wrote:terry Bowden and Houston nutt, just their names alone with the good name assistants they would bring would give their staff a better recruiting staff than the on cj had that did not do squat. coach Bowden and Nutt would send recruits to Tulane faster than any coach could've done in 10 years. their names alone would get recruits coming to them than you would believe. they would attract three to five star recruits better than cj. tommy Bowden did it because of his last name.
No junior in high school knows who the hell Terry Bowden and Houston Nutt are.

You realize Terry Bowden is coaching now right? His recruiting class last year ranked dead last in the MAC and 127 in the nation -- which might be dead last too. But yeah once he gets to Tulane we won't have to worry about signing anything but 4 and 5 star players.
threeputt
High Tide

You realize Terry Bowden is coaching now right? His recruiting class last year ranked dead last in the MAC and 127 in the nation -- which might be dead last too. But yeah once he gets to Tulane we won't have to worry about signing anything but 4 and 5 star players.
He will also lead his team to more wins this year than they have had in the last 30 years.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

OUG wrote:
ssburas2005 wrote:terry Bowden and Houston nutt, just their names alone with the good name assistants they would bring would give their staff a better recruiting staff than the on cj had that did not do squat. coach Bowden and Nutt would send recruits to Tulane faster than any coach could've done in 10 years. their names alone would get recruits coming to them than you would believe. they would attract three to five star recruits better than cj. tommy Bowden did it because of his last name.
No junior in high school knows who the hell Terry Bowden and Houston Nutt are.

Looks like Doug Meachum the TCU OC will be the next coach at North Texas
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
sader24
Tsunami

Houston Nutt was burnt out and washed up at Ole Miss.
OUG
Riptide

threeputt wrote:
He will also lead his team to more wins this year than they have had in the last 30 years.
If it takes him 4 years to get the program to 7-5, we can do better. Terry Bowden??? I can't believe we are even having this conversation, other than the power of nostalgia and the fact that if Tulane turns down a coach they must be great because definitionally TU is always wrong.
ideal1965
Ripple

We should go and get Jim Tressel, make him AD & Football Coach.
OUG
Riptide

ideal1965 wrote:We should go and get Jim Tressel, make him AD & Football Coach.
Tressel is permanently retired from coaching. So permanently retired that he now works in administration. Believe it or not, he is the President of Youngstown State University.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

looks like the Mack'ster will rise again at the University of Virginia....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote:looks like the Mack'ster will rise again at the University of Virginia....
The Mackster will rise, and the Cavaliers will crash. Mack has always had a weakness for the mid-Atlantic honeys.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
oliveandblue
Surge

Terry is 158-92-2. This includes the first 12 months at Akron, where he had to flush the toilet and win only 1 game.

If Tulane had a recent record that was similar, they would probably be on the P5 shortlist right now.
LSU-MD
Low Tide

Nutt's programs were second & third to last in the SEC in academic rankings when he was @ Arkansas & Ole Miss. I am sure that would go like a wet fart in church, if he was hired @ Tulane.
Vanderbilt -- 978

Florida -- 972

Missouri -- 972

Alabama -- 970

Georgia -- 970

South Carolina -- 966

LSU -- 964

Mississippi State -- 959

Kentucky -- 951

Texas A&M -- 946

Auburn -- 943

Arkansas -- 936