AD and coach prediction

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Jaxwave
Swell

Burke and APP st. guy if we're lucky enough to get him otherwise, I'm worried we end up with an LSU asst or Skip Holtz.

GreenLantern
Riptide

Here's my prediction: Currently there are 14 head coaching jobs open. Tulane is ranked 12th in desirability according to nfl.com. I predict that at least 12 of these positions will be filled before Tulane makes an announcement.

BTW, here's my post from Sept 28th. Since this time, Campbell coached Toledo to a 9-2 record (t-1st in the MAC west) and was hired at Iowa State. As a casual fan, if I can research a profile for a promising candidate in 15 minutes using Google, why must it take over 7 weeks to hire an AD/coach?
You can't help but get a little excited about Matt Campbell, head coach of Toledo. At 35, he's one of the youngest coaches in the FBS and has made a big difference at Toledo during his short career. He had an offer as OC at the University of Illinois under former Toledo head coach Tim Beckman but turned the job down for the opportunity as head coach at Toledo. He's starting his fourth year and here's his record:
  • 2012 - 9-4
  • 2013 - 7-5
  • 2014 - 9-4
  • 2015 - 3-0 with a win over Arkansas
Under his leadership, Toledo's offensive stats have ranked 32nd, 56th, and 16th in 2012,2013 and 2014. Can you imagine the improvement we would see in the Tulane offense if we had this kind of leadership? Although Toledo's offensive stats for this year appear to be very low, keep in mind that Toledo was held to a small amount of production in their upset win over Arkansas.

He makes $235,000 annually. Think he would come to Tulane for $800,000 and incentives? (Throw in an extra $50K for each win over 6 and a cool $250K for a bowl win). Hey, maybe I should be the AD. :lol:

Follow his career. He'll be in a big program soon. Wish it were ours.

P.S. Mike was an offensive line coach with the Falcons from 2007-2008. Earlier he was the offensive coordinator on two national title teams for the Mount Union Purple Raiders. He was part of three straight national championships there as a player from 2000-2002.
RobertM320
Green Wave

I predict Burke and Eric Price. An in-house cluster f**k of epic proportions.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
ExileWave
Surge

RobertM320 wrote:I predict Burke and Eric Price. An in-house cluster f**k of epic proportions.
+1
Show Me
Tsunami

Burke and Ryan
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

USC job is filled Helton has been hired
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Robert1969
Riptide

Burke and Frank Wilson. It should never be that way, but the folks who run Tulane just don't care enough to want anything more than that.
JDTulane
Riptide

Burke and Babers because the dream still lives yet
ExileWave
Surge

Robert1969 wrote:Burke and Frank Wilson. It should never be that way, but the folks who run Tulane just don't care enough to want anything more than that.
When does baseball start?
HoustonWave
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote:I predict Burke and Eric Price. An in-house cluster f**k of epic proportions.
Classic post. :lol:
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
IM42lane
Swell

ExileWave wrote:
Robert1969 wrote:Burke and Frank Wilson. It should never be that way, but the folks who run Tulane just don't care enough to want anything more than that.
When does baseball start?
Hey, that was my line three weeks ago!
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
Wavetime
Swell

I'm starting to think that it's not Ms Burke. If it was then I think she would have been named today. I'd bet that Hertz made the offer to the Baylor or Auburn guy and they needed a day or so to talk to their spouse about it or they are negotiating. If Burke would have been offered, she would have accepted immediately, she's already here.

Just a hunch.
RobertM320
Green Wave

I have this nightmare. The board looks far and wide on a national search for an AD comparable to Rick Dickson. Failing to find such (as there is no AD whose utter failure would be comparable to RD), Doug Hertz has flown to New Orleans this afternoon and is currently trying to convince RD to stay for another five years. After thinking it over for a few minutes, RD says yes.

And then I wake up in this cold sweat, and realize this is actually a plausible outcome for Tulane.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wavetime wrote:I'm starting to think that it's not Ms Burke. If it was then I think she would have been named today. I'd bet that Hertz made the offer to the Baylor or Auburn guy and they needed a day or so to talk to their spouse about it or they are negotiating. If Burke would have been offered, she would have accepted immediately, she's already here.

Just a hunch.
I was told last week by a very reliable Tulane source the announcement is planned for this Wed/Thursday.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
JerseyWave
Riptide

Like I posted earlier, if it were Burke, there would be a press release and she would be out looking for a coach. Then there would be a formal press conference to name her AD and have her introduce the new Coach. It really appears they are waiting on someone or could there be a mystery candidate whose has not been leaked yet. The longer this goes, and they still name Burke, you could bet she was not the first choice and there was probably at least one rejection.
wave to em
Surge

I'm hoping for Patulski and Kendal Briles. Briles is young, energetic and would be exciting to play for...not to mention I think Hilliard, Badie, veal, Breaux, Rounds, Jet Glenn, etc. Would thrive in a fast paced no huddle offense that briles would bring from Baylor
CuJo.
#SickEmWave
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

wave to em wrote:I'm hoping for Patulski and Kendal Briles. Briles is young, energetic and would be exciting to play for...not to mention I think Hilliard, Badie, veal, Breaux, Rounds, Jet Glenn, etc. Would thrive in a fast paced no huddle offense that briles would bring from Baylor
Briles has an odor the NCAA does not like, he keeps spraying himself with Fabreez but they keep sniffing ....and beside he is an azz hole like his Father
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wavetime wrote:I'm starting to think that it's not Ms Burke. If it was then I think she would have been named today. I'd bet that Hertz made the offer to the Baylor or Auburn guy and they needed a day or so to talk to their spouse about it or they are negotiating. If Burke would have been offered, she would have accepted immediately, she's already here.

Just a hunch.
Thanks. That does make sense. Gives us some hope.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
ExileWave
Surge

golfnut69 wrote:
wave to em wrote:I'm hoping for Patulski and Kendal Briles. Briles is young, energetic and would be exciting to play for...not to mention I think Hilliard, Badie, veal, Breaux, Rounds, Jet Glenn, etc. Would thrive in a fast paced no huddle offense that briles would bring from Baylor
Briles has an odor the NCAA does not like, he keeps spraying himself with Fabreez but they keep sniffing ....and beside he is an azz hole like his Father
Agree 100%.No Briles. Lincoln Riley at Oklahoma is one of favorites..
RobertM320
Green Wave

I'd love to get Lincoln Riley, but I bet the chances of Tulane landing him are none and none.
51WaveBG
High Tide

Gentlemen, don't get your hopes up. This whole process is beginning to stink and I fear that you will not like the AD or HC hire because it will be typically TU inadequate to change the future of TU athletics, especially football, on which the whole TU athletic structure hinges. Every day that passes, the more depressed about what I am seeing happen. I really hope something good happens, but given the last 15 years, don't expect it to.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

51WaveBG wrote:Gentlemen, don't get your hopes up. This whole process is beginning to stink and I fear that you will not like the AD or HC hire because it will be typically TU inadequate to change the future of TU athletics, especially football, on which the whole TU athletic structure hinges. Every day that passes, the more depressed about what I am seeing happen. I really hope something good happens, but given the last 15 years, don't expect it to.
+1
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Yvette Jones and LW.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wavetrader
Low Tide

Winwave is on to something; my picks are Yvette Jones and Frank Wilson. Interesting that she was interviewed in the group of five over Arnie.
"There is winning and there is misery". BP
OUG
Riptide

Wavetrader wrote:Winwave is on to something; my picks are Yvette Jones and Frank Wilson. Interesting that she was interviewed in the group of five over Arnie.
She was? Says who?