We do not want Joe Alleva

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

After he's fired. Currently the worst active AD in America

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
IM42lane
Swell

tpstulane wrote: After he's fired. Currently the worst active AD in America.
GUTLESS Wonder Joe --- he did handle the Les Miles situation in an "excellent" way, didn't he?
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
ajcalhoun
Swell

tpstulane wrote:After he's fired. Currently the worst active AD in America
He will be in textbooks one day as an example of how NOT to use the media in the hiring/firing of coaches.
God Bless Everyone!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Is Burke being considered as his replacement ?
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
GreenLantern
Riptide

It would have taken some large ballz to fire this guy with the outpouring of support he received. Miles may not be a fabulous coach, but he is a masterful genius at public relations.

And as for Alleva, I'm thankful that at Tulane we can no longer claim to have the most inept, bone-headed AD in college football!

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote:It would have taken some large ballz to fire this guy with the outpouring of support he received. Miles may not be a fabulous coach, but he is a masterful genius at public relations.

And as for Alleva, I'm thankful that at Tulane we can no longer claim to have the most inept, bone-headed AD in college football!

+1000
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote:It would have taken some large ballz to fire this guy with the outpouring of support he received. Miles may not be a fabulous coach, but he is a masterful genius at public relations.

the only reason for that claim..."We ain't got no AD"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Jonathan
Riptide

Do not tell us who we do not want. This is a democracy, not a Nazi state. We will support who is best for Tulane. We all have individual options that we will express on this board and do not tell us what to do!
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

I understand there are some adherent advantages at LSU and he straight up botched the recent Miles issue, though I am not sure if that was also effected by LSU's nutty fans/donors. However, Top25 in FBall every year, decent Bball with a current top 5 class, solid women's hoops, great olympic sports and the best baseball program in the nation (arguably). I mean jeez. I mean I can't name many schools with better overall athletics. Is he amazing certainly not, is he an absolute joke, I don't think so.
breaker
Ripple

Alleva leaving was possibly the second best thing to happen off the field for Duke Athletics in the last half century - obviously hiring Coach K being the best. I wouldn't touch him.
Show Me
Tsunami

mbawavefan12 wrote:I understand there are some adherent advantages at LSU and he straight up botched the recent Miles issue, though I am not sure if that was also effected by LSU's nutty fans/donors. However, Top25 in FBall every year, decent Bball with a current top 5 class, solid women's hoops, great olympic sports and the best baseball program in the nation (arguably). I mean jeez. I mean I can't name many schools with better overall athletics. Is he amazing certainly not, is he an absolute joke, I don't think so.
Even he'd have a hard time destroying all the programs. AD Jonathan could win at LSU. Remember he threw the Duke lacrosse team under the bus and backed strippers. Then it came out all the rape allegations were false. He's a loser that will be fired before long.
LSU-MD
Low Tide

I'll trade Alleva for RD's expiring deal and I'll even throw in LSU playing Tulane in Yulman to sweeten deal.