Who are on your "hell no" list?

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Robert1969
Riptide

Any of these guys on your hell no list?

Rob Ryan
Les Miles
Bo Pelini
Frank Wilson
Tommy Bowden
Mack Brown

Anyone else?

JerseyWave
Riptide

Anyone connected to Rick Dickson!
Jonathan
Riptide

The posters on this website will have zero input to who our next AD and football coach are. But fun talking about it.
Jonathan
Riptide

Why start a hell no thread? No one on this board will have,any input who our next AD and football coach is. I guess we like to hear ourselfs talk.
BC Wave
Swell

1 and 4
All others are quantam leap improvements over last three
austxwave
High Tide

I would take Mack Brown back in a heartbeat...especially if he brought in a "coach in waiting" type as his OC or DC.

Mac is exactly what we need at this time. He's experienced, a great PR guy (which we need desperately to grow our fan base), he would be hungry to re-establish his reputation (and likely his last job), and he's very well respected in coaching circles so we would get an experienced staff (something we haven't had in a very, long time).

I think he'd be fantastic.
OUG
Riptide

Jonathan wrote:Why start a hell no thread? No one on this board will have,any input who our next AD and football coach is. I guess we like to hear ourselfs talk.
Did you forget to switch to your NawlinsPete account before replying again tonight, savacool?
OUG
Riptide

austxwave wrote:I would take Mack Brown back in a heartbeat...especially if he brought in a "coach in waiting" type as his OC or DC.

Mac is exactly what we need at this time. He's experienced, a great PR guy (which we need desperately to grow our fan base), he would be hungry to re-establish his reputation (and likely his last job), and he's very well respected in coaching circles so we would get an experienced staff (something we haven't had in a very, long time).

Mack is 64. Head coaching at this level, in modern college football is a young man's game. Moreover, it takes a lot of energy, hunger, and "want-to" in order to build a program, which is what we need right now.

Dino Babers is 54. If you think that ten years isn't a big deal, take a look at a before and after picture of President Obama and/or President Bush and/or President Clinton before/after they started their administrations.
Robert1969
Riptide

Jonathan wrote:The posters on this website will have zero input to who our next AD and football coach are. But fun talking about it.
The posters on this website have ZERO input on anything... That has never stopped us from expressing our opinions before. Thanks for playing.
puffy
Surge

1. Any career position coach with no prior coordinator experience.

2. Any sibling of Rex Ryan.

3. Any son of a current successful head coach who hasn't been a coordinator or coach for anyone but dad.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

KENDALL BRILES
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote:KENDALL BRILES
+1,000,000
Green Wave
Swell

Robert1969 wrote:
Jonathan wrote:The posters on this website will have zero input to who our next AD and football coach are. But fun talking about it.
The posters on this website have ZERO input on anything... That has never stopped us from expressing our opinions before. Thanks for playing.
Thanks for playing?

Ok AJ get him! ;)
ROLL WAVE!
DrBox
Riptide

OUG wrote:
Dino Babers is 54. If you think that ten years isn't a big deal, take a look at a before and after picture of President Obama and/or President Bush and/or President Clinton before/after they started their administrations.
Well, stress has a lot to do with that.

Babers' age does create a risk. He'd be getting his payday; he wouldn't be the first to cash in and sit back.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

austxwave wrote:I would take Mack Brown back in a heartbeat...especially if he brought in a "coach in waiting" type as his OC or DC.

Mack Brown is a terrible idea for a variety of reasons.
posse
High Tide

winwave wrote:KENDALL BRILES

Bribes is first year OC for Baylor.......we don't know how much his dad helped or bailed him out of play calling situations...Give him another 2 yrs, and he'll be ready. I think we can do better at this point in time..Babers, Broehm, Monken, Applewhite.
austxwave
High Tide

jonathanjoseph wrote:

can you share a couple of those reasons?
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Green Wave wrote:
Robert1969 wrote:
Thanks for playing?

Ok AJ get him! ;)
Shouldn't you be on the other forum deleting people? Tonight a lot of people are probably offering opinions you don't want anyone to read.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

austxwave wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:

can you share a couple of those reasons?
Well age alone makes him a non-starter, but the game has passed him by too. He is neither young nor hungry.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Robert1969 wrote:Any of these guys on your hell no list?

Rob Ryan
Les Miles
Bo Pelini
Frank Wilson
Tommy Bowden
Mack Brown

Anyone else?
How do Miles, Pelini and Bowden make this list? All proven winners.
Robert1969
Riptide

Profoundwizard wrote:

Rob Ryan
Les Miles
Bo Pelini
Frank Wilson
Tommy Bowden
Mack Brown

Anyone else?
All could, arguably, be past their prime, except Pelini who the jury is still out on, in my opinion.
Green Wave
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote:
Green Wave wrote:
Robert1969 wrote:
Thanks for playing?

Ok AJ get him! ;)
Shouldn't you be on the other forum deleting people? Tonight a lot of people are probably offering opinions you don't want anyone to read.
So which is it JJ.

Do I work for Tulane or am I JTS?

Make up your mind there skippy.
ROLL WAVE!
Profoundwizard
Swell

Robert1969 wrote:
Profoundwizard wrote:

Rob Ryan
Les Miles
Bo Pelini
Frank Wilson
Tommy Bowden
Mack Brown

Anyone else?
All could, arguably, be past their prime, except Pelini who the jury is still out on, in my opinion.
I'm sure Miles and Bowden are past their prime, but they would still win. Pelini won 9 games a year at Nebraska, that's good IMO
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Green Wave wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
Green Wave wrote:
Robert1969 wrote:
Thanks for playing?

Ok AJ get him! ;)
So which is it JJ.

Do I work for Tulane or am I JTS?

Make up your mind there skippy.
Well same thing, JTS, but you are pathetic enough to do it without getting paid.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Well, nobody on that list could win at Tulane--even if they still have the ability to win, they would get way too frustrated with the Tulane Model. And in Mack Brown's case, he hasn't been able to coach well in years--and he isn't going to leave the UT cocoon anyway. At this point, my only "hell no" is to anybody formally with the Saints organization.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana