Who are on your "hell no" list?

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Wavetime
Swell

Robert1969 wrote:Any of these guys on your hell no list?

Rob Ryan
Les Miles
Bo Pelini
Frank Wilson
Tommy Bowden
Mack Brown

Anyone else?

Robert1969, educate me on Pellini. I always thought he was a good coach. Did he do something off the field to cause the disqualification or is he just a jerk?

DrBox
Riptide

Pellini is a jerk prone to outrageous temper tantrums.
GreenGears
Low Tide

DrBox wrote:Pellini is a jerk prone to outrageous temper tantrums.
But does he win and will we be embarrassed on and off the field? Those are my personal criteria.
Wavetime
Swell

I know this guy is young, really young (30). But he has been an OC at a top 10 offensive school for the past 3 years. Worked under Leach and just beat Texas 48-45 to have Texas Tech become bowl eligible. Not saying he is my choice, just throwing it out there.

http://www.texastech.com/sports/m-footb ... 36762.html
Wavetime
Swell

My "Hell No" list

Rob Ryan
Any position coach
Any coach that comes from a school with poor Sp. teams
Any coach who will run a Pro Style Offense
Any Coach that will have a run based offense
Frank Wilson
Any coach mentioned by Fletcher Mackel so far
Any coach in their upper 50's or older (sorry for the discrimination).
Any coach that is not energetic
Any recruiting coach
Last edited by Wavetime on Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wavetime
Swell

No one is talking about Hudspeth. He is a good coach. He didn't win this year because he didn't have a QB. He could win at Tulane. Not worried if he would leave, but am worried a bit about something I read about possible sanctions. If this is true, he's not an option.
TU23
High Tide

ULL admitted to some of the NCAA violations. His star is starting to dim. And it's his job to have a QB.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

OUG wrote:
austxwave wrote:I would take Mack Brown back in a heartbeat...especially if he brought in a "coach in waiting" type as his OC or DC.

Mac is exactly what we need at this time. He's experienced, a great PR guy (which we need desperately to grow our fan base), he would be hungry to re-establish his reputation (and likely his last job), and he's very well respected in coaching circles so we would get an experienced staff (something we haven't had in a very, long time).

I think he'd be fantastic.
Mack is 64. Head coaching at this level, in modern college football is a young man's game. Moreover, it takes a lot of energy, hunger, and "want-to" in order to build a program, which is what we need right now.

Dino Babers is 54. If you think that ten years isn't a big deal, take a look at a before and after picture of President Obama and/or President Bush and/or President Clinton before/after they started their administrations.
Head Coach of a University football team and President of the United States have VASTLY different worries and pressures that affect aging. Bad analogy, for sure. As far as age of a head coach goes, I think Bill Snyder at Kansas State has done some amazing things with their program well into his 70's. He's 76 and going strong (despite the Wildcats having a down year this year.) I think it differs based upon the person, not just his age.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote:
OUG wrote:
austxwave wrote:I would take Mack Brown back in a heartbeat...especially if he brought in a "coach in waiting" type as his OC or DC.

Mac is exactly what we need at this time. He's experienced, a great PR guy (which we need desperately to grow our fan base), he would be hungry to re-establish his reputation (and likely his last job), and he's very well respected in coaching circles so we would get an experienced staff (something we haven't had in a very, long time).

I think he'd be fantastic.
Mack is 64. Head coaching at this level, in modern college football is a young man's game. Moreover, it takes a lot of energy, hunger, and "want-to" in order to build a program, which is what we need right now.

Dino Babers is 54. If you think that ten years isn't a big deal, take a look at a before and after picture of President Obama and/or President Bush and/or President Clinton before/after they started their administrations.
Head Coach of a University football team and President of the United States have VASTLY different worries and pressures that affect aging. Bad analogy, for sure. As far as age of a head coach goes, I think Bill Snyder at Kansas State has done some amazing things with their program well into his 70's. He's 76 and going strong (despite the Wildcats having a down year this year.) I think it differs based upon the person, not just his age.
Mac had a "Coach in waiting" while at Texas...but he bolted for Florida .... Mac is not the answer as a coach, he might make a good AD but his days on the sidelines need to be over...but then again there are 13 slots open with more to come after this week end so who knows
Last edited by golfnut69 on Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
IM42lane
Swell

Robert1969 wrote:Any of these guys on your hell no list?

Rob Ryan
Les Miles
Bo Pelini
Frank Wilson
Tommy Bowden
Mack Brown

Anyone else?
Joe Alleva (AD) ---- GUTLESS Wonder!
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
DrBox
Riptide

TU23 wrote:ULL admitted to some of the NCAA violations. His star is starting to dim. And it's his job to have a QB.
And he's never had a really good defense.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Apparently Tulane has a "hell no" list.
AD Arnie Fielkow
Coach Terry Bowden, Houston Nutt
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote:Apparently Tulane has a "hell no" list.
AD Arnie Fielkow
Coach Terry Bowden, Houston Nutt
+1
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson