Not looking good CJ

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
TU23
High Tide

It's going to take some crazy ass shit for CJ to still be coach on Monday. I fully expect him to be let go on Saturday at the latest. Waiting any further and you get farther behind the other schools that have shit canned their coaches already.

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Watch Ch 6 Sports now. FM to discuss CJ's future.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

JerseyWave wrote:By next Monday CJ has to be fired. Who is going to do it, Fitts, Dickson or Burkes?

Jersey, at least get her name right. It's BURKE. There is no "s" at the end of her name.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Jonathan
Riptide

What if we hire another Rick Dickson type and our new AD hired another Toledo or CJ type? God help us!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Would somebody please give Burke a green blazer to wear--maybe that will sink her candidacy. If Burke is selected, the entire Tulane community has been played--like a cheap fiddle. Her selection will spotlight the corruption, manipulation and deceit that this university has mastered under Cowen. it will prove what many have suspected since her hiring. The Cowenistas can't even pull of a scam without making it obvious to everyone what they have done. The Tulane clown act extends way beyond the field of play. Our only recourse is to starve them of financial resources. And in the meantime, I suggest to all remaining Tulane fans (not many) to start looking for another university to adopt, follow and contribute to.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
RobertM320
Green Wave

HoustonWave wrote:Would somebody please give Burke a green blazer to wear--maybe that will sink her candidacy. If Burke is selected, the entire Tulane community has been played--like a cheap fiddle. Her selection will spotlight the corruption, manipulation and deceit that this university has mastered under Cowen. it will prove what many have suspected since her hiring. The Cowenistas can't even pull of a scam without making it obvious to everyone what they have done. The Tulane clown act extends way beyond the field of play. Our only recourse is to starve them of financial resources. And in the meantime, I suggest to all remaining Tulane fans (not many) to start looking for another university to adopt, follow and contribute to.
I'm thinking Temple myself. When we dropped mens BB back in 1985 I followed them. TU, Big T on helmet, been at the bottom for a long time, works for me. Just need to change a lot of my clothes from green to maroon.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

HoustonWave wrote:Would somebody please give Burke a green blazer to wear--maybe that will sink her candidacy. If Burke is selected, the entire Tulane community has been played--like a cheap fiddle. Her selection will spotlight the corruption, manipulation and deceit that this university has mastered under Cowen. it will prove what many have suspected since her hiring. The Cowenistas can't even pull of a scam without making it obvious to everyone what they have done. The Tulane clown act extends way beyond the field of play. Our only recourse is to starve them of financial resources. And in the meantime, I suggest to all remaining Tulane fans (not many) to start looking for another university to adopt, follow and contribute to.
Hall of Fame post.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

RobertM320 wrote:
I'm thinking Temple myself. When we dropped mens BB back in 1985 I followed them. TU, Big T on helmet, been at the bottom for a long time, works for me. Just need to change a lot of my clothes from green to maroon.
It's an interesting quandary. Even though I saw it coming, I had never considered rooting for another college football team besides my alma mater until the last week. It's a whole, brave new world.

So many options, and so much less weekly misery. :wave:
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

jonathanjoseph wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
It's an interesting quandary. Even though I saw it coming, I had never considered rooting for another college football team besides my alma mater until the last week. It's a whole, brave new world.

I'd have to say I've known many that have already done this including a handful of Greenbackers. Most now follow and support Alabama.
Tulane Class of 1981
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:

I'd have to say I've known many that have already done this including a handful of Greenbackers. Most now follow and support Alabama.
Yuck. Well it sure won't be Alabama.

Maybe Stanford? I'm still a Rich Rod fan so Arizona?

I don't know. Every Saturday I see the college alumni groups gathering at a sports bar for the game. Maybe it's time to join the party.
Ernie McCracken
Ripple

Pull for USC, JJ. Great private school with big time football.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Ernie McCracken wrote:Pull for USC, JJ. Great private school with big time football.
They would be in the running, and I spend some time in LA too.
greenphantom
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote:
Ernie McCracken wrote:Pull for USC, JJ. Great private school with big time football.
I don't see you giving up Tulane football until at least after Tanner Lee graduates :D . Then on to whatever AFL2 team signs him to their practice squad.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Ed Daniels going to have a story about CJ in a few minutes
Tulane Class of 1981
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

greenphantom wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
I don't see you giving up Tulane football until at least after Tanner Lee graduates :D . Then on to whatever AFL2 team signs him to their practice squad.
Nah I will look forward to seeing him on Sundays.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:Ed Daniels going to have a story about CJ in a few minutes
CJ said he's to meet with RD/new AD if hired next week. From the tone of it he seems to think he's coming back and plans to evaluate everything on the offense. Never said a thing about special teams.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:
CJ said he's to meet with RD/new AD if hired next week. From the tone of it he seems to think he's coming back and plans to evaluate everything on the offense. Never said a thing about special teams.
At his PC today he said we found a kicker and punter this season. So I guess all is well.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Dupergreenie
Surge

tpstulane wrote:Watch Ch 6 Sports now. FM to discuss CJ's future.

Anything that is earth shattering in the report?
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
At his PC today he said we found a kicker and punter this season. So I guess all is well.
Found a kicker? More like DiRocco just matured after a shaky FR season. Its the snaps that have been the issue. And lets not forget, its not like we tried 20-25 FG this season. He's kicked 7.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Bigschtick
Riptide

Wave755 wrote:
exflash wrote:Good post on the probable happenings/sequence that could be going on at this time---the Cajuns Bball and Fball coaches had this direct path (always wondered how you guys got in touch with HUD to offer)---Yea this hiring agency must do a pretty good job as everybody uses them---I think what might be going on could be contacting these coaches' agents and see what is being offered by the university as far as facilities, money, and staff offerings----If the 2 seem to align then the agent would contact the coach and after that Tulane must contact the school where the coach is employed (well that is suppose to be happening----For sure any coach wouldn't want news out that they were interested in another job!!! HUd is now available (Kidding) but you guys have a right to gripe not the complainers of UL!!!
Flasher,

Mark Hudspeth? ULALA just lost to N. Mexico State @ Lafayette? :lolgreen: And, soon sanctions for the ULALA program? :warn: Flasher, nobody wants Hudspeth, he is all yours, but with sanctions impending will he just the same try to "escape" ULALA & Lafayette for just about anywhere else, only time will tell? :megagrin:

Who do you think you are making fun of another program when we have one of the most laughable and
dysfuntional programs in the County. Stop being a complete ass!
Last edited by Bigschtick on Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
DrBox
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:
He's living in la la land. That's what was supposed to have happened LAST year, and CJ didn't do a thing. I guess he wants a Conroy do-over, but, so sorry, Dickson's not running this operation anymore.

Now he will pay the "price".

Also, on what planet are our placekicking and punting okay? The kicker is accurate inside of 40 but kicks a low ball. The punting is mediocre on a good day.
oliveandblue
Surge

Burke knows Babers from her time at EIU. Dino Babers is an up-and-coming G5 coach that is doing a good job with BGSU.

If Burke is able to land Babers then football might be in OK shape next year (6-6 or 7-5).
DrBox
Riptide

She gave Babers his first head coaching job, after he had been turned down from a number of other positions.
I will point out though that the Baylor guy also knows (or should know) Babers, as he was hired from the Baylor staff.
Baylor is starting to throw out coaches. Tulsa's guy came from there too.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DrBox wrote:She gave Babers his first head coaching job, after he had been turned down from a number of other positions.
I will point out though that the Baylor guy also knows (or should know) Babers, as he was hired from the Baylor staff.
Baylor is starting to throw out coaches. Tulsa's guy came from there too.
Burke and Babers being named HC

http://youtu.be/e7FLDVVnhVI
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
greenphantom
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
Nah I will look forward to seeing him on Sundays.
Unfortunately I don't think UNO streams live games in the Sunday morning flag football league :lol: