TU WBB defeat LSU again 67-63 this makes 5 of last 6

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

We lead 43-35 3:55 3rd Qtr
On ESPN3

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
JDTulane
Riptide

Great game so far after worrisome first qtr
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

59-52 1:36 left
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

62-54 Wave 38.7 secs
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Final TU wins 67-63!
Tulane Class of 1981
JDTulane
Riptide

Roll wave!!!
OUG
Riptide

How good is LSU this year, and how much does the win help our post-season case? While the AAC is strong at the top, it isn't very deep, and absent a marquee win against USF or UConn (yeah right!), I think we will be a bubble team again.

Baseball and women's basketball are moving in the right direction. Coaches that recruiting well and motivating/preparing their players. Stockton seems to have us on the rise again.
JDTulane
Riptide

OUG wrote:How good is LSU this year, and how much does the win help our post-season case? While the AAC is strong at the top, it isn't very deep, and absent a marquee win against USF or UConn (yeah right!), I think we will be a bubble team again.

Baseball and women's basketball are moving in the right direction. Coaches that recruiting well and motivating/preparing their players. Stockton seems to have us on the rise again.

Add ECU and the AAC has a greatntop 4 year in and out. LSU makes them tourney every year. Theyve played a similar sched as us so far. Hard to tell. Im guessing a down year.
JerseyWave
Riptide

So nice to have a Tulane team that consistently competes at a high level. Figures, Lisa Stockton is the only Tulane coach not hired during the Rick Dickson error.
Houma de Wave
Swell

Way to go, Wave!!!!!
DrBox
Riptide

OUG wrote:How good is LSU this year, and how much does the win help our post-season case? While the AAC is strong at the top, it isn't very deep, and absent a marquee win against USF or UConn (yeah right!), I think we will be a bubble team again.

It's deeper than last year.
LSU will play .500 in the SEC, upset some team, and charlie crisp of ESPN will tell us that they have superior credentials. Which is fine. It will mean they're a good win for us.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Congrats! Always great to beat the tiggers.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Folks I highly recommend you all see this team play. I'm not usually impressed but I must say this is one of the best Tulane women's team I've seen. They rarely turn it over and play well as a team. I really enjoyed sitting at court side and watching this one. It wasn't nearly as close as the final score indicated.
Roll Wave and congrats Lisa and Allen!
Tulane Class of 1981
DrBox
Riptide

TPS, the box score listed 9 players played, and 8 are guards with 1 center. We don't play any forwards?
I figure we lack size...we have for years. But that's extreme (or a misprint). They pass the ball very well - even the LSU announcers said that (speaking of which, should tiggers Howell and Rollins at least give the pretense of objectivity when calling a game for CST and ESPN)?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DrBox wrote:TPS, the box score listed 9 players played, and 8 are guards with 1 center. We don't play any forwards?
I figure we lack size...we have for years. But that's extreme (or a misprint). They pass the ball very well - even the LSU announcers said that (speaking of which, should tiggers Howell and Rollins at least give the pretense of objectivity when calling a game for CST and ESPN)?
LSU had a notable height advantage especially on the offensive boards. But our quickness and ball handling skills were much superior. We were much more athletic then they were. Just watching you knew we would win this one.
Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Badass. Way to go ladies!!!