Looks like some players have had enough of this staff as well

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Bham Wave
Ripple

4 RS juniors walking with seniors Friday. Not coming back. Two are starters on oline.

2 more contributors thinking about doing the same.

The players know this staff has no chance at success. They are not stupid.

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Bham Wave wrote:4 RS juniors walking with seniors Friday. Not coming back. Two are starters on oline.

That's too bad. The sooner Tulane gets a new AD and coach the better.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

All the more reason the ax needs to fall and quickly.
CN Hide & Seek Team
Low Tide

Expect news next week.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

CN Hide & Seek Team wrote:Expect news next week.
on what? players or coaches?
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Bham Wave wrote:4 RS juniors walking with seniors Friday. Not coming back. Two are starters on oline.

This is what happens when you keep the walking dead around, it poisons the atmosphere for everyone. Of course worse, these RS juniors may expect that CJ will be retained--how awful is that thought. The sad thing for the juniors is that it's a no win situation, either a new staff comes in and looks past them in building for the future, or worse CJ stays another year. I'd like to see Tricky Rick sit down face to face with these juniors and explain to them why they are in this hopeless situation.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

jonathanjoseph wrote:
Kushner reported the 2 O-Linemen that are walking with the Seniors are Shienle and Hanson. Shienle has split time almost all season with Junior Diaz. Hanson has started every game. Calvin Thomas also walking with the Seniors.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
aus10dixon
Ripple

Two Tulane starting offensive linemen – guard Colton Hanson and center Nathan Shienle - are foregoing their senior seasons and will voluntarily end their Green Wave careers prematurely, sources confirmed to The New Orleans Advocate on Monday.

Joining the starting offensive lineman, is reserve defensive tackle Calvin Thomas, who is also choosing to forego his senior season, despite playing in eight games and recoding eight tackles and three tackles-for-loss this season.
http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com/sp ... ve-linemen
puffy
Surge

If I had to guess, the redshirt juniors who are graduating are probably done with football. Good for them. Get your degree and start your real life asap.
ExileWave
Surge

puffy wrote:If I had to guess, the redshirt juniors who are graduating are probably done with football. Good for them. Get your degree and start your real life asap.
They could also be transferring if they have graduated to play for another program- though none are stars, I wish them good fortune no matter what they do.
puffy
Surge

:P
ExileWave wrote:
puffy wrote:If I had to guess, the redshirt juniors who are graduating are probably done with football. Good for them. Get your degree and start your real life asap.
They could also be transferring if they have graduated to play for another program- though none are stars, I wish them good fortune no matter what they do.
True. They can get a free year of grad school just for riding the pine.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

And, walking with the Seniors is no guarantee of not coming back for a last year of eligibility. Corey Redwine walked last year, and returned. At the same time, I cannot fault any of them if they graduate and want to start their careers, or go to grad school elsewhere. Heck, if it can happen to Notre Dame and LSU, it can happen to Tulane players with a year of eligibility.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
JerseyWave
Riptide

If Tulane hires a Head Coach that brings instant credibility, I could care less who transfers from this team. Nico Marley is the only guy I would hate to lose.

If Tulane can finally make that "splash hire" everything will take care of itself. We know the Baseball program is in good hands. I would love to feel the same way about Tulane Football.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
Kushner reported the 2 O-Linemen that are walking with the Seniors are Shienle and Hanson. Shienle has split time almost all season with Junior Diaz. Hanson has started every game. Calvin Thomas also walking with the Seniors.
Can we walk with the seniors?
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

JerseyWave wrote:If Tulane hires a Head Coach that brings instant credibility, I could care less who transfers from this team. Nico Marley is the only guy I would hate to lose.

If Tulane can finally make that "splash hire" everything will take care of itself. We know the Baseball program is in good hands. I would love to feel the same way about Tulane Football.
We have a 22K stadium and do not plan to build the other needed facilities, and we are making an internal hire when the entire coaching world thinks Tulane Athletics is a joke. The last revenue sport coaching hires going back a decade have been disasters of epic proportions.

Perhaps Burke can conduct the process with less "clownsmanship" than Dickson, but with a ton of movement in college coaching expected with ~20% of D1A programs affected, it seems delusional to think a "splash hire" is realistic.