Potential head football coach candidates search

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
greenphantom
Swell

Jonathan and Pete are like the Price Brothers of this forum

OUG
Riptide

Dupergreenie wrote:While trying to become the anti-yogwf, this board has turned into a joke just like that. Jonathan is nothing more than our version of roller/JTS.
1) This board isn't a joke because of two or three posters who might even be the same person. That said;

2) There actually isn't a YOGWF equivalent of him. He is worse than anything they have.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Steve's not banning anyone. He's made that clear and he's right b/c that was a promise made from Day 1. As I have said many times just don't respond. Or do like sader and just use the ignore function.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Profoundwizard
Swell

winwave wrote:Steve's not banning anyone. He's made that clear and he's right b/c that was a promise made from Day 1. As I have said many times just don't respond. Or do like sader and just use the ignore function.
I don't know that I've ever responded to him, but he still makes the experience worse. You can hide him but if someone else responds you still have to see his posts. Lurkers also can't hide him.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

That's why I have begged everyone to stop responding. The lurkers can simply join and then hit ignore. Just b/c one doesn't post doesn't mean they can't be a member.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DrBox
Riptide

The worst thing is he goes on the AAC board and makes fools of us all.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Dupergreenie wrote:While trying to become the anti-yogwf, this board has turned into a joke just like that. Jonathan is nothing more than our version of roller/JTS.
No he isn't. It's entirely different than folks who intentionally try to mislead an entire community. It's not something that adds to the community, but banning is a slippery slope. Just put him on ignore, but like Sader noted even that is for extreme cases.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

DrBox wrote:The worst thing is he goes on the AAC board and makes fools of us all.
Nope. Everyone knows there are extreme folks taking part in social media. No one thinks the entire Tulane community is a bunch of fools because of one poster on an obscure forum.
DrBox
Riptide

People on other forums don't realize that he's not a Tulane fan.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

DrBox wrote:People on other forums don't realize that he's not a Tulane fan.
Doesn't matter. No one thinks that one person represents an entire group.
DrBox
Riptide

Does matter. Because after one of his inane posts, 15 posts from others follow that trash Tulane.
OUG
Riptide

jonathanjoseph wrote:
Of course people think that.
jhg
Ripple

DrBox wrote:The worst thing is he goes on the AAC board and makes fools of us all.
It's real bad.
Profoundwizard
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote:
You telling me that people on the internet don't make generalizations?
Jonathan
Riptide

Twenty four pages on this website. Your opinions mean nothing. Our new AD will select our next football coach not you. I guess you like to hear your self talk as you will have zero input in the football coach hire.
LSU-MD
Low Tide

Can someone please get Jonathan laid or at the very least get him a prescription for Xanax.
What is his insurance situation?
Show Me
Tsunami

jhg wrote:
It's real bad.
+1
Jonathan/Pete should be banned because he does nothing but post the same thing over and over. In my book that's called Spam and is in violation of the rules.
Give him some time before his "Fire Dannen" starts. He's definitely a Troll.
SobeWave
Ripple

Finally some names have emerged. Not from Dannen per se but at least the press is doing some work...we have zero buzz nationally right now regarding the potential hire.

via the Advocate

"Current Football Bowl Subdivision coaches in demand include Appalachian State’s Scott Satterfield, who led the Mountaineers to a 10-2 record and a berth in the Camellia Bowl in his third year; Arkansas State’s Blake Anderson, who guided the Red Wolves (9-3) to the Sun Belt championship in his second year; third-year Northern Illinois coach Rod Carey, who has put the Huskies in the MAC title game every season and won it in 2014; second-year Western Kentucky coach Jeff Brohm, whose Hilltoppers just won Conference USA; and third-year Southern Miss coach Todd Monken, whose Golden Eagles lost to WKU in the C-USA title game.

Sources have told The Advocate that former Arkansas and Ole Miss coach Houston Nutt has pushed for the Tulane job, as has Akron coach Terry Bowden. That interest has not been mutual."

http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com/sp ... -for-new-f
OUG
Riptide

That's literrally all speculation. Its just a list of head coaches that being mentioned in various job searches, hence, "coaches in demand include."

Dannen is playing his cards really close to the vest here. This is an area where you actually should be silent.
RobertM320
Green Wave

OUG wrote:That's literrally all speculation. Its just a list of head coaches that being mentioned in various job searches, hence, "coaches in demand include."

Dannen is playing his cards really close to the vest here. This is an area where you actually should be silent.
+1
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
nawlinspete
Riptide

Let's hope speculation only. We need statement hire and these candidates do not measure up to moving up short or long term.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
wave97
Swell

Mike Bloomgren, OC, Stanford.
Grew Up in Tallahassee, GA'd at Alabama, OC Delta State, NY Jets OL coach.
JDTulane
Riptide

It's too late to make a hugely splash hire. Now we just need to make the right hire. I see names on this page I can live with happily.
austxwave
High Tide

SobeWave wrote:Finally some names have emerged. Not from Dannen per se but at least the press is doing some work...we have zero buzz nationally right now regarding the potential hire.

via the Advocate

"Current Football Bowl Subdivision coaches in demand include Appalachian State’s Scott Satterfield, who led the Mountaineers to a 10-2 record and a berth in the Camellia Bowl in his third year; Arkansas State’s Blake Anderson, who guided the Red Wolves (9-3) to the Sun Belt championship in his second year; third-year Northern Illinois coach Rod Carey, who has put the Huskies in the MAC title game every season and won it in 2014; second-year Western Kentucky coach Jeff Brohm, whose Hilltoppers just won Conference USA; and third-year Southern Miss coach Todd Monken, whose Golden Eagles lost to WKU in the C-USA title game.

Sources have told The Advocate that former Arkansas and Ole Miss coach Houston Nutt has pushed for the Tulane job, as has Akron coach Terry Bowden. That interest has not been mutual."

I think those are all good names and would be content with any of those.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

austxwave wrote:
SobeWave wrote:Finally some names have emerged. Not from Dannen per se but at least the press is doing some work...we have zero buzz nationally right now regarding the potential hire.

via the Advocate

I think those are all good names and would be content with any of those.
I am beginning to think this process will go into next week and may include a coach on the west coast...and no Toledo is not getting interviewed
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !